Antags First Attempt CFL Grow

TheAntagonist

Hey all
after losing my plants to being males outside ive decided to try to crack some seeds I found in some yummy
smoke inside under cfls

What strain is it? out of a bag of really good stuffs
Indoor or outdoor? indoor CFL
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? black earth bone meal and composted fishes
If soil... What size pot? 8 "
Size of light? 6 23W 6500k cfls (suggestions welcome)
Is it aircooled? yes stand up oscilating (sp) fan variable speed
Temp of Room/cab? 70-78 degrees
RH of Room/cab? approx 60%
PH of media or res? 6.3ish
Any Pests ? just the kids lolz
How often are you watering? when pots feel light
Type and strength of ferts used? not needed yet (again suggestions welcome)

Friday July 26 2013
- 10 random seeds in water

Saturday July 27 2013
-8/10 seeds popped (really wasn't expecting so meny)
- small white tap poking out

Sunday July 28th 2013
-10 of 10 seeds all cracked really not prepared for 10 plants was thinking 4 called a buddy hes going to try the other 6.
-of course I kept the 4 with 1/2 tap root and planted them in 4 8" pots approx. 1/4 inch down hope that's good enough left other seeds in water for my buddy to come pick up.

well other than starring at moist dirt not much else to report

going to work on grow room ( old bathroom I ripped out in basement and never had the need to redo)

questions ,comments , advise always welcome :peace:

subbed

glad to be here and im looking forward to the show

Hello Antagonist!!
I too just started a grow a few days ago. Maybe you could stop over and check it out. We could probably help each other out through our grows!!:high-five:... As for the topping or LSTing first,... Its ok to do either first then the other! Imo for a bigger yield and if you have a rather short growing space (you will need some width though), do some LSTing first. Then I would top any and every cola that grows to the top of the plant. This way you create a short bushy plant with many top colas!! Hope this helps!!
Keep it green brother!!:thumb:

I top first. After 3 nodes come up I top it. Than I LST it using string and screws attached to the bucket. LST isnt worth starting until you have a good 6-8 inches of plant with 2 main stalks.

I adjust daily to keep the height equal between all plants. Good luck

HEY guys good to have yahs with me, luv and tom That's fair sounds good I was reading a lot of people are topping at the 4th whats the difference if any?

UPDATE:
all four have now popped there little heads out and are looking like beans lol
pic to fallow

20130731_224440.jpg

I top first. After 3 nodes come up I top it. Than I LST it using string and screws attached to the bucket... LST isnt worth starting until you have a good 6-8 inches of plant...

Agreed:) TomJ's method is also a good method to use! As I said either is fine to do first, its up to you and what you prefer and as for topping... I always top after 3 also just because of my limited height, but this too depends on what you prefer!! Hope this helps!!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom