ISearch56 is Learning with Bag Seeds on the First Grow 2013

ISEARCH56

First grow, not sure if my ladies are doing well? I just gave them their first feeding of Jungle Juice Micro, Grow and Bloom. I'm concerned about the discoloration on some of the leaves.Looking for some advise and guidence please. And thank you!
100_32484.jpg
100_32352.jpg
100_32021.jpg
100_31904.jpg
100_31821.jpg
100_31732.jpg

I think i messed up!!

I put the sprouts in Rockwool on 7/14/13 on the 7/16/13 they pop up out of the rockwool.
I was watering every 3-4 days. I was inconsistent with lights sometimes 24 hours of lights sometimes 18/6.
On the 7/19/13 i saw some roots on the bottom of rockwool.
On the 7/29/13 i repoted to where at now.
I mix 1/4 tsp of Superthrive in a gallon of distilled water.
I Put the soil in a plastic bin and mix the following.

100_32793.jpg

The soil
1-8 qt bag of Miracle-gro Organic Choice
1-16 qt bag of New Era Soilit potting mix
1-8 qt bag of MG Sphagnum Peat Moss
1-8 qt bag of MG Perlite
1-8 qt bag Sta-Green Horticultural Vermiculite
33 Grams of MG Organic Blood Meal
65 Grams of Espoma Organic Bone Meal
65 Grams of Espoma Organic Garden Lime
On 8/4/13 i mix Jungle Juice Micro,Grow and Bloom 1/4 tsp of all 3 in 2 gallons of tapwater i had sitting out for 48 hours.
The soil ph is high 7+ so i made the water 5-6 closer to 5. Ph still high.
I Bought Espoma Organic Soil Acidifier to lower the soil ph. I still haven't use it.I don't know how to use it. I don't want to make it worst.
How often should i water?
I APPRECIATE YOUR TIMEAND KNOWLEDGE. THANK YOU

re: ISEARCH56 is Learning (*_*) With Bag Seeds On The First Grow 2013

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING RIGHT or WRONG!! I HUMBLY ask for HELP!!

I think its to early for nutrients.Does your mixture of soil already have fertilizer in it?

Not really. The MG organic choice has a little but it's 8 qt and the new era soilite is 16qt and
has none. What do you suggest i do?

From what your photos show I would guess that your plants are too wet and in too-high a ppm. The soil looks mucky. You can save your babies by repotting into something lighter and then just leaving them alone. You should not have to feed for a very long time (if ever) when growing in soil.

Thanks for your time and advise. Scientific Soil and Light Addict. Should i repot to a bigger container? What do you think the discoloration could be?

No need to pot up into a larger container until the plant's root system has fully inhabited the space you've provided. The discoloration is at the growing portion which means that the nutrient it is missing is not mobile. The immobile nutrients are all micros (some secondaries). However, I believe that your problem is structural. Poor structure means problematic ion excange. In other words, the nutes are probably present but the excessive water/lack of oxygen or soil composition are preventing the plant from accessing them. Once you have your plant potted into a lighter mix the nutrient problems will correct on their own. Just take it slowly--give her time to react.

Thank you S S. What do you think if i mix the soil there already in with more perlite and vermicule? or should i use one or the other?

If you reuse the soil you might want to flush it a couple of times and check the run off for the ph level or you might run into a nutrient lock out which will cause a lot of stress and stunt the plants.I did the same thing about 18 years ago,I kept watering everyday and adding nutes to early and thought I was ahead until I seen my friends plants(same strain)and he watered it and left it alone,they were way more healthy and 5 times as big...

Thanks solo cup. The only stupid question is the one unasked. What to do with the run of water? Is it reusable?

Thanks Light Addict every little bit of information, knowledge and advice is Appreciated!! Last night i put 3 out of 4 G13 labs BLUE OG fem a buddy gave me and 1 out of 3 bag seed i had in to rockwool cubes. I put them in paper towel on 7/30/13 in two separate containers and in different cabinets. i didn't want the bag seed to take away energy from the Blue OG. Lol I kept checking on them and nothing so i left them alone then 9 days later Voila! And there you have it!
100_32833.JPG
100_32842.JPG
I don't know why it took 9 days i put them in paper towel then in a ziploc then in a tupperware that i put in a black plastic bag then in to the cabinet. I KNOW TOTAL NEWBIE

I repotted the babies i only took pics of #1. I used the same soil and mix in some moss and perlite. I carefully went all around the edges of the container and freed the baby. I flipped the container upside down and the soil looked like a sand casle. I'm surprised the babies are still alive. The rockwool was really, realy dry. But the soil was like wet sand. After the mix it was so light and moist and alot dryer. I did not wet the soil.
100_33191.JPG
100_3322.JPG
100_33231.JPG
100_33332.JPG
JPG[/img]
The new mixed soil.
100_33332.JPG
100_3335.JPG

The 3 G13 Labs BLUE OG fem and 1 bag seed that i put in rockwool on 8/7/13. I didn't check for 2 days the rockwool. I just checked them. Did i mess up all ready? Should i put them with the rest of the babies? I don't want to mess this ladies. Well no body wants to mess us thing.
100_33291.JPG
100_33302.JPG

Excuses me i have to learn to resize.

While i was putting up the last post my seedlings slumped over. the stem in real thin.
100_33381.JPG
100_33421.JPG

WHAT CAN I DO?

I repotted the babies i only took pics of #1. I used the same soil and mix in some moss and perlite. I carefully went all around the edges of the container and freed the baby. I flipped the container upside down and the soil looked like a sand casle. I'm surprised the babies are still alive. The rockwool was really, realy dry. But the soil was like wet sand. After the mix it was so light and moist and alot dryer. I did not wet the soil.

The new mixed soil.

The 3 G13 Labs BLUE OG fem and 1 bag seed that i put in rockwool on 8/7/13. I didn't check for 2 days the rockwool. I just checked them. Did i mess up all ready? Should i put them with the rest of the babies? I don't want to mess this ladies. Well no body wants to mess us thing.

Excuses me i have to learn to resize.

Looking much, much better! When I transfer rockwool into soil I don't water next to the stem because I want the wool to dry out and for the roots to seek water. Therefore I water from the edge of the pot inward for a week or two until I'm satisfied the plants are well rooted. These plants are going to start to really grow now. As for your seedlings, they are looking a bit leggy which indicates that they are a little far from the light source (this condition is called etiolation). Also, you want to have some very gentle breeze (not a direct wind) moving past them to jostle them a little. This stiffens the main stem and helps prevent the flopping over you will see if you don't correct now. Second point on the seedlings is to not over-water or over-feed. Rockwool holds moisture for a long time. Attention every three days is about right, but keep in mind that as water evaporates from the cubes the salts will increase in concentration, so as I already mentioned, feed lightly for now. Overall, looking good!

While i was putting up the last post my seedlings slumped over. the stem in real thin.
WHAT CAN I DO?

Our posts crossed. Stop adding water, add that little bit of a breeze, move the light in a little closer and they should respond. It also appears from this photo that there is some chlorosis--are you feeding at all?

Thank you Scientific Soils for the replay.I just realized we're on page 2. No i'm not feeding any of them. Which one should i feed? I had the rockwool in complete darkness. I was told not to expose them to light. Some people said to put the rockwool under lights after putting in the sprout. What's your opinion? The other babies i repotted don't look good. They look like there drying out. I did spray the bottom of the rockwool with some water that has super thrive before repotting. I do have the Jungle Juice Micro, Grow and Bloom. Do you think i can feed them that? Or aleast the bigger one? Can i put the new seedlings with the rest at 18/6? What can i do about the chlorosis? I added a little more rockwool to cover a bit of the leggy babies. What do you think about that? Will it make the stem get wet and rot? I bought a desktop windtower.
100_33451.JPG
100_3349_12.JPG

I'm still trying to figure out resizing

Thank you SS for the replay.I just realized we're on page 2. No i'm not feeding any of them. Which one should i feed? I had the rockwool in complete darkness. I was told not to expose them to light. Some people said to put the rockwool under lights after putting in the sprout. What's your opinion? The other babies i repotted don't look good. They look like there drying out. I did spray the bottom of the rockwool with some water that has super thrive before repotting. I do have the Jungle Juice Micro, Grow and Bloom. Do you think i can feed them that? Or aleast the bigger one? Can i put the new seedlings with the rest at 18/6? What can i do about the chlorosis? I added a little more rockwool to cover a bit of the leggy babies. What do you think about that? Will it make the stem get wet and rot? I bought a desktop windtower.
I'm still trying to figure out resizing

OK, you are running on some bad info. I'm not clear about what you mean when you say "I had the rockwool in complete darkness". Plants need light, I am assuming you know this includes seedlings. Your seedlings are yellow, but they are tiny. That makes me think maybe you had them in the dark when they sprouted. A seed contains just enough food to get itself sprouted. From there on out you have to provide the food. SuperThrive isn't going to cut it as a plant food. The Jungle Juice I believe is a three-part complete, so use that. About 200 ppm to begin--using the MFG recommended grow ratio. They should green up. Don't prop them up with wet rock wool--undo that. Finally, don't overdo the breeze--keep the wind source at distance until they get bigger. You can even jostle them by hand for the first week (gently shake the tray) to help stiffen stems. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom