Dooski's Grow v4.0 Single BlueWidow 10g DWC Igloo 2.5'x3.5' Scrog 400W HPS

Hello again everyone and welcome to Dooski's grow v4.0! :welcome:

This time around we will be featuring Dinafem's version of BlueWidow. I will be running a single plant in a 2.5'x3.5' scrog dwc setup along with a 400w hps. I started the grow right at 4 weeks ago and actually today was the first day of flower. I vegged it with two 26w cfls and switched it the the hps about a week ago which was dimmed down to 200w until today when I bumped it up to 300w. Everything went fairly well but when I switched her over to the big cooler she developed a root problem that lasted a good week and a half. It definitely affected her size. Just here in the past few days she has finally started to show some new root growth so I'm hoping I got everything worked out. I will be putting the screen over it tomorrow or the next day. As is sits now the plant is 21in wide and the inside of the frame is 32in so it should work out well. This is my first scrog attempt so I'm learning as I go. I think that about covers the basics and I will let the pictures show the rest. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask and thanks for checking out my grow!
:Namaste:

Keep it green:thumb::420:

Blue Widow has been created to give flavor, taste and color.

Due to its Blueberry heritage, in low outdoor temperatures this plant displays autumnal colors, turning from blue to purple and even reddish colors when the temperature drops even further.

It has great upward growth and can double in size as it starts flowering making it a good choice for a SCROG. It is a good producer of fat purple buds totally coated with trichomes, with a fruit chewing gum taste and a strong effect.

It can double in size.
It is a good producer of fat purple buds totally coated with trichomes.
It has great upward growth.
Generous dry producer.
Fruity Chewing gum flavour.
A strong respectable effect.
CBD: normal
Production: 800-1200 gr

Pics covering the past 4 weeks with the last few being from today.

IMAG19171.jpg
IMAG1933.jpg
IMAG1944.jpg
IMAG20181.jpg
IMAG2023.jpg
IMAG2026.jpg
IMAG2027.jpg
IMAG2028.jpg
IMAG2029.jpg
IMAG2033.jpg
IMAG2035.jpg
IMAG2036.jpg
IMAG2053.jpg
IMAG2056.jpg
IMAG2061.jpg
IMAG2073.jpg
IMAG2075.jpg
IMAG2077.jpg
IMAG2090.jpg
IMAG2091.jpg
IMAG2092.jpg
IMAG2093.jpg
IMAG2094.jpg
IMAG20951.jpg
IMAG20961.jpg
IMAG20971.jpg
IMAG20981.jpg
IMAG21022.jpg
IMAG2103.jpg
IMAG21042.jpg
IMAG2144.jpg
IMAG2145.jpg
IMAG2146.jpg
IMAG2059.jpg

Sub'd
I'm pulling up a lazyboy for your grow dooski.
I love your LST technique, it's rare to see someone go to that extent to open up the plant, but it really works well. +reps
Congrats on POTM last month and good luck with your flower. :)

:popcorn::popcorn:

Whats up man that plant looks awesome im doing kinda of a air scrog I guess you could say and switched the lights 10 days ago....my question is can I keep lsting until the stretch is over or do I just let it grow. that blue widow sounds lovely, I have some nirvana blue mystics going I toped at the same time you did so that makes me feel good cause when I did it it hurt me a little lol I have toped before but never that early but I think its the way ill grow until I get more the a mother tent to grow in. im subbed if that's cool with you.

Sub'd
I'm pulling up a lazyboy for your grow dooski.
I love your LST technique, it's rare to see someone go to that extent to open up the plant, but it really works well. +reps
Congrats on POTM last month and good luck with your flower. :)

:popcorn::popcorn:

Thanks alot stealth! Im one of the few that grows 1-2 plants so I get to give them a little extra attention:)
Glad to have ya:thumb:

Whats up man that plant looks awesome im doing kinda of a air scrog I guess you could say and switched the lights 10 days ago....my question is can I keep lsting until the stretch is over or do I just let it grow. that blue widow sounds lovely, I have some nirvana blue mystics going I toped at the same time you did so that makes me feel good cause when I did it it hurt me a little lol I have toped before but never that early but I think its the way ill grow until I get more the a mother tent to grow in. im subbed if that's cool with you.

Hey waknbak!

Absolutely you can continue lsting. There is really no particular time you are supposed to stop. I would say continue it until the stretch is over. Even then you may have to bring some lines down from the top to hold up those monster buds:) Ya topping that early for the first time is a little crazy. I remember my first time I tried to just "fim" it instead and came out with just 2 big fan leaves cut in half lol. Glad to have ya around my man! I'm still learning myself but if there any questions may have just let me know and I or someone here can get them answered. Thanks!

subscribed

Awesome always glad to have your expertise around King:thumb:

Got the screen mounted a little while ago. It seems a little big but I think it will work out well. Currently it has 5'' of room on the top and bottom and 9'' on each side, and its mounted 12'' above the top of the cooler. If the plant does indeed double in size it should fill out nicely. Also I think I found the culprit of my root problems. The flexible air stone/hoses I'm using are junk. After some usage they started to just let all of the pressure out by where the hose connects and not give any pressure at the ends. I need to just grab some good quality air stones and I should be good to go.

Pics from today day 5 of flower.

IMAG21601.jpg
IMAG2164.jpg
IMAG21661.jpg
IMAG21681.jpg
IMAG21701.jpg

I grow in soil so... After putting the SCROG net up. Will you ever need to open up the lid?

Nice on the cooler. It has a nice drain at the bottom. Maybe keeps the water inside cooler?

I really like the LST job you got going. :)

+Reps

I grow in soil so... After putting the SCROG net up. Will you ever need to open up the lid?

Nice on the cooler. It has a nice drain at the bottom. Maybe keeps the water inside cooler?

I really like the LST job you got going. :)

+Reps

Thanks Scar! I don't use the drain and have it sealed off because I had one leak in the past. And unfortunately I have to lift the lid daily because of frozen water bottle changes but its not to bad really you just have to lift it a little and slide it over.

Very nice start to what will know doubt be a very nice BlueWidow, gonna have to break down and do this scrog thing once to try it looks awesome, OG.

Looking awesome with the scrog setup Dooski. ;)

Thanks alot guys!:thumb:

A couple pics from today, a few of the tops have made it above the net.

IMAG2173.jpg

IMAG2176.jpg
IMAG2175.jpg

Man that plant is looking vary green my friend, good job!

Thanks my man!:high-five:

Did a res change today and switched her over to the flower nutes. This was my first time trying veg nutes for the first 9 days into flower and I liked the outcome. It seemed to help her veg a little more and balance out the nutes a little at the same time too. And I saw some pistils today too so we have a confirmed female.

Also today is my birthday! Happy birthday me! Lol :happy-birthday:

Pic from today, day 9 of flower.

IMAG21801.jpg

Did a res change today and switched her over to the flower nutes. This was my first time trying veg nutes for the first 9 days into flower and I liked the outcome. It seemed to help her veg a little more and balance out the nutes a little at the same time too. And I saw some pistils today too so we have a confirmed female.

I recently have been doing this also and I like the results too. :thumb:

awesome technique nvr seen it, just along for the ride, and congrats on your bday hope you have a good one :cheer::party:

Hey thanks alot aztec!:thanks:

I recently have been doing this also and I like the results too. :thumb:

Hey scar! For sure and it didnt seem to slow down sex signs either. 9 days of 12/12 after 28 days from seed is pretty good, my last one took 15 days I believe.

Also I finally got some air stones to replace the flexible ones I was using. Its like night and day. Over time I didn't realize how little of a volume of air they were putting out. So now I'm running 4 8'' stones on the 35w pump and its bubbling like no tomorrow. I bet it will make a huge change in her growth rate.

I like your style Dooski!!!
Great style and you can get a decent grow from that IMO, pending on how big you can house it of course.. As you ve probably noticed when you tie a branch down anothr will grow that is thicker and resembles the original main stem, and the more you do the more they push out;) This is pretty much what I do... Nice work buddy :bravo: Chat soon, Smokemup

I like your style Dooski!!!
Great style and you can get a decent grow from that IMO, pending on how big you can house it of course.. As you ve probably noticed when you tie a branch down anothr will grow that is thicker and resembles the original main stem, and the more you do the more they push out;) This is pretty much what I do... Nice work buddy :bravo: Chat soon, Smokemup

Hey smoke! :)
Yea she got off to a slow start because of the air/root problems but I have her under control now and she is starting to show some good growth. Im shooting for 10oz but one of the days when I can give the extra veg time I hope to get close to 1lb like you....;)

Couple pics from today.

IMAG21831.jpg
IMAG2184.jpg

Back
Top Bottom