Bubba Kush - Pre '98 & Katsu Cut S1 w/ Tora Bora & Master Kush - Mineralized Soil

What strains are they? (1) Verdant Green - Pre '98, Bubba Kush S1 fem., (2) Dr. Greenthumb - Bubba Kush (Katsu cut) S1 fem., (1) Reserva Privada - Tora Bora fem., and (2) Nirvana Seeds - Master Kush fem.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Mostly Afghanica/Indica hybrids.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds germed on 08/27/13 @ 12:00 P.M. using the paper towel method.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Slightly altered version of Icemud's highly mineralized soil.

If soil... what is in your mix? First 3 weeks: Roots Organic soil; after that mineralized soil (see recipe below).

If soil... What size pot? 1 gallon pot, then 3 gallon pot later.

Size of light?
-Seedling: 200 watt Feliz blue spectrum mogul-based CFL
-Vegetative: 1st half - same; 2nd half - possibly 250 watt Growbright MH w/Lumatek 250/400 switchable ballast.
-Flowering: 400 watt Eye Hortilux HPS with same 250/400 digital ballast; later possibly to a 600 watt Eye
Hortilux HPS with Phantom adjustable ballast.

Is it aircooled? 8" inline 590 cfm fan (out); passive airflow (in).

Temp of Room/cab? around 80 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 48%

PH of media or res? Don't check it.

Any Pests ? No.

How often are you watering? I expect to water 2 times/week.

Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced Nutrients organic nutes (Mother Earth and Iguana) when necessary.

Mineralized soil mix:

4 (3 gallon) pots of Promix HP soilless mix
1 (3 gallon) pot of Happy Frog potting soil
1 (3 gallon) pot of perlite
1 (3 gallon) pot of worm casings (with added volcanic rock and sea kelp)
1 (3 gallon) pot of Alaskan Forest Humus
2 1/2 cups of calcium carbonate
2 cups of soft rock phosphate
3/4 cup of gypsum
2 cups of lava sand
1 cup of greensand
1 cup of kelp meal
2 cups of mycos maximum
2 cups of dry molasses
2 cups of powdered humic acid
1 1/2 cups of glacial rock powder
2 cups of azomite
2 tablespoons of epsom salt

They just broke the soil yesterday so I'll post a pic soon.

:peace:

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

0011462.JPG

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

Hey welcome guys hate to start it off with a bit of bad news, but as growers we know guano happens..... :)
The Tora Bora broke the seed shell in half, started coming out of the ground, and I assumed from the looks of things it was on its way to throwing the husk off in two pieces and putting the two cotylendons out. I looked this morning and saw the stem under the risen up shell was black and thin. I pried the seed husk off and opened up the cotylendons but there was a membrane covering them I had to pick off too. I put dirt up to just under the cotylendons and misted it off, but I doubt it will make it. I'll order another (I wanted to get one of something from KC Brains and one from OG Raskal to finish my short term collection anyway) and I'll probably look into the X18 Pakistani too. So that plant is going to be a few weeks behind the others if this seedling doesn't live.

Post more pics soon

KC Brains are so cheap because they have a lot of phenos and the strains are not stabilized, you can try it and have a good pheno but you also can have a super hermi or one plant that is nothing like the strain you wanted.

I think we're of the same mindset, Medicatetoday. I looked at his work, didn't like anything I saw, and went with the last of the breeder's I wanted to try instead (TGA Subcool - Jack The Ripper - 2 reg seeds) as well as the others I mentioned above.

Thanks for the encouraging words, Harley001. I hope the one I have lives 'cause I've started seeds a week or two later than the rest of the grow a few times, and it never works out well. Did somebody say, "Why, don't wait two weeks fill that space in with a Holy Grail Kush fem plant, PotChimp!"?

I'm going with this as a final decision: If the TB doesn't look like it will live, when I'm sure it's hopeless (tonight or tomorrow; it didn't look good the last time I checked) I'm going to pop a second Pre '98 Bubba Kush seed. The Tora Bora will go in soon; I want to check it out too badly to wait. The reg X18s I'll save as potential breeding stock, and the OG Raskal - White S1 will be sometime next year; same with Jack The Ripper. Another soon to be grow is Sensi Seeds - Mr. Nice (10 reg seeds).

Hey PotChimp!! Im subbed for this grow. I've run Pre98 a few times now and love the overall taste. Such a sweet earthy taste. I would highly recommend lots of LST or topping in veg, plus run them extra long in veg because they hardly stretch in flowering. Pretty much when you flower, they stay about the same height. A very impressive and fun strain to grow and I definitely can't wait to see !!!

Thanks for the tips Icemud! I'm more wanting to see how this Katsu cut turns out. I'm going with a slight variation of your mineralized soil mix minus the guano. My plan was to mix the mineralized soil and water it in to get the mycos active about 3 weeks prior to the first potting (1 gallon pot) which I'll water in with a full dose of AN Mother Earth. I was hoping to get another 5 weeks in that before I transplanted to the final 3 gallon pot (I'll water the mineralized soil in with AN Iguana Grow w/all AN organic additives then). At that point I don't know if I'll have to do a final feeding (AN Iguana Bloom w/all organic additives); the rock and other phosphates in the mix should have been broken down by then, but I don't know how much the plants will use up. I imagine it varies from strain to strain; a lot of the Sativa dominant ones probably don't need any more nutes than the mix provides.
Doing all of these in a small area doesn't give me a lot of sq.' per plant; I was going to do the plant as one main cola but I'm going to follow common sense and listen to someone that knows from knowledge and experience. Topping sounds like a good idea. It'll avoid any problems I have with a large main cola and mold, plus I kind of like the somewhat uniform in size nugs.

Note: The Tora Bora seedling is hanging in there but still looks bad; I started a second Verdant Green Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 fem seed @ 8:00 this morning.

Seedlings are so boring dont you think Mr.Chimp?

The seedling stage is the one part of growing I'm pretty consistent on, but it does tend to get boring to watch until branches start. :)

Seedling stage pic:

010782.JPG

I have to watch the overwatering on these; the one Bubba Kush Katsu cut S1 seedling is a bit yellow and runted. The second Bubba Kush pre '98 S1 seedling broke the shell, but hasn't popped the soil yet after I put it in the pot. I'll keep everyone posted.

A Canon Rebel EOS T3 which I need to take a few minutes to read the how-to booklet on; I'm wondering how to adjust the focus so the whole pic (background and foreground) are focused. I tried the landscape setting but it didn't seem to work; maybe I was too close.

Back
Top Bottom