Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-Dirt

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by. I'm going to be learning as I go here. I've never grown any of these strains before, and I'm not a very experienced gardener, so all comments and advice are welcome. The HPS is a new addition as well, prior was LED and CFL. The flowering period will bring both LEDs into the tent, and the swap from 400w to the 600w Ushio running boosted.

Tech:
Solis-Tek 600 Digi Ballast - Currently underwatting the light at 400w
Plantmax 400w Bulb for start, Hi-Lux Ushio 600w Bulb for finish
Advanced LED, DS100 (x2) for UV, 630/660nm and IR
Phresh 6x16, HydroFarm 400 CFM inline
8000 BTU AC
Hannah checker pH

Enviro:
Silver Edition 40"x40" tent
Temps between 68F and 88F A/C thermostat just failed going to stick it out - getting cooler here by the day
RH variable with weather, NE climate - located <5 miles from ocean
Running lights at night

Meduim:
FFOF, amended with Perlite to 30% of content
3 gal SmartPots, Liberty will get 5gal
Fancy Green plastic plant saucer

Nutes:
GH Flora Nova Grow
GH Flora Nova Bloom
GH Calimagic
GH Floralicious Plus
GH Cool Bloom
Fox Farm - Kangaroots
AN Big Bud
Molasses

Stains:
Barney's Liberty Haze (1) Fem+
LH7.jpg

Barney's "Lucy" (1) Fem+
lsd111.jpg

Samsara Green Love Potion (2) Fem+ freebies
GLP.jpg

There are also a couple of side shows going on, one Indica, one Sativa, both from the bag.

There's not much to look at yet, but here are, The girls:

Liberty Haze, Grace
LibertyHaze-Grace_-_Copy.jpg

Lucy, Joy
L-Es-Dee-Joy_-_Copy.jpg

Green Love Potion #1 ha! Her name is Athena
GLP-Athena_-_Copy.jpg

Green Love Potion #2 Still funny! Her name is Josephine
GLP-Josephine_-_Copy.jpg

Also in the tent are one indica leaning bagseed, ~4 weeks Veg, and one very sativa leaning rescue plant that is starting it's third week of flower. The rescue came with Thrips, which spread to the rest of the room and my babies. I think they are all gone, Spinosad is the shit. I can see the fuckers from 3 feet away when lights are up, and I can't find a one. I watered with Dunks, and just bought some diatomaceous earth - which I don't yet know how to use.

IMAG3030_-_Copy.jpg
IMAG3058_-_Copy.jpg

Thanks for looking! There were not many finished Lucy (or) LH, journals, so I decided to put this up. I am not very experienced, but have completed the process a few time with good results. I was able to do this, only with the help and knowledge that I've gained here. A humble thank you!

Re: Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy, Green Love Potion, HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-in-the-dir

You can pretty much guess how many teeth my cat has by looking at these plants. If you guess 'like 3', you'd be close. Looks like he almost FIM'd one of the GLPs. They do look toothsome, but no major damage. Figured I'd update.

I've fed with just humic acid and beneficials.

The GLPs are looking like nice plants, albeit with teeth marks. I heard they were slow starters, but these are about 2.5 weeks, so not too bad.

IMAG3101.jpg

IMAG3100.jpg

GLP appears to be branching up nicely. 20% sativa 80% indica. One of them, Athena, has 5 fingers on her second set of leaves, and 6/7 on the third. They two examples also slightly different hues, with the darker having the more indica looking leaves.

IMAG1N3.jpg

IMAG3102.jpg

The Lucy seems to have just found her roots and is settling in to grow. A bit slow maybe.

IMAG3104.jpg

Liberty Haze is very deep green, and has a shiny cast to the leaves. I hope she will do well.

IMAG3107_-_Copy.jpg

The sativa rescue plant is going nuts. She was vegged for 7 months or so under one CFL.
When I got her, she was a mess, with wet feet, jacked up branches & leaves, and Thrips.
Will post some pics of her. The indica looking moppet looks to be male, so one more day to be sure, and he's on his way out.

Happy Weednesday!

Re: Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy, Green Love Potion, HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-in-the-dir

I got some Green Love Potion freebies, too, so it'll be nice to see how they grow - the Liberty Haze, too - mine didn't sprout :(

+subbed

How did you like Barney's farm genetics? The reason I ask is cause I got a laughing Buddha bean and have never tried BF. my wife wants me to get so e green love potion after I just told her there is such a strain lol she is a hippie

I had issues with Liberty Haze not liking too many nutes and it took a long time to finish. Lucy on the other hand was easier to grow and finished up nicely. They both smoke great and will give you a good high. Lucy is true to her name very trippy!!:peace: You can check out my grow the link is in my signature

I got some Green Love Potion freebies, too, so it'll be nice to see how they grow - the Liberty Haze, too - mine didn't sprout :(

+subbed
Sorry to hear about your LH. Reading about that happening a lot, almost made me not order them, but I had an impulse ... I don't know why hahah!.
With the GLP, I'm Glad to blaze the trail for you :thumb: and put it up here...hope it's helpful. I'll try to detail the nutes etc. Thanks for the sub!

I'm subbed I just finished up my grow with Lucy and Liberty Haze. Interested to see how yours' does. Lookin good so far:peace::thumb::goodjob:

Thanks Harley! I've read your journal already. Twice. :grinjoint::high-five:

Your LH was huge! Did you top for multiples, or ML? If so, any tips?

How did you like Barney's farm genetics? The reason I ask is cause I got a laughing Buddha bean and have never tried BF. my wife wants me to get so e green love potion after I just told her there is such a strain lol she is a hippie

I know you were directing that to Harley, but...Funny you say that --The wifey chose the 2 GLP as her two plants. I chose 2 THC bombs (both cracked), which then promptly died. I put one each, LUCY and LH, in the dirt after, hoping for a better result - and here we are!

Just picked up some Azomite as an amendment to put in the 3 & 5gal Smarts.
I was going to feed with Silica Blast, but Azomite is mainly silicon 68%.
Going to up-pot them all tomorrow or soon. Will take that opportunity to retreat the area with Spinosad to prevent the Thrips coming back.

Fed the GLPs a touch of Grow (1/3 strength), some root benes (1/3 strength), and Humics (half strength, has 1% N too).
Letting the little girls dry out a bit, so the roots stretch to the bottom of the cup. I might have overwatered them, to make sure they germed. Weather is cooling here, and my Ushio 600w just came in recently :) so I have a new plan to heat my house this winter!

Thanks Harley! I've read your journal already. Twice. :grinjoint::high-five:

Your LH was huge! Did you top for multiples, or ML? If so, any tips?

It was topped once I tried to FIM but screwed that up so stuck with topping. I veged for 8 weeks before the flip LH was 18" high then stretched to 40"

It was topped once I tried to FIM but screwed that up so stuck with topping. I veged for 8 weeks before the flip LH was 18" high then stretched to 40"

That's about perfect height for me, so I'll try to keep her about that height :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom