Stoner's Kerala First DWC Grow

AZ007

Alright im gonna give this a shot, first dwc grow!

Strain: Kerala, regular seeds i got from a friend, hoping one of em will be a female.
Hybrid: Sativa
Vegging stage: 3 weeks in soil, and 3 days now after transplant, in dwc.
Light: 400watt mh, air cooled.
Air temp: lowest 70F, lights off, max at 82F, lights on.
RH: 40-60%
water temp: 72F tops, it will drop down during the night, and i also add frozen water bottles on the daily.
PH: 5.6-6.5
PPM: 250, no nutes yet, only cal mag.

Whats going on guys, its been a few months since ive been tryin to get this dwc setup going, due to some issues i had, but i finally got it together. So i got these seeds from a friend of mine that had ordered some seeds from herbies, and these were the free ones he had left, so i said what the hell? give em to me, im gonna try em in my dwc setup.

So istarted these in soil, in solo cups at first, i used some miracle grow starter soil my neighbor had laying around lol, but it worked pretty good, i liked the fact that the soil held a lot of water, so i didnt have to water it for like 5 days after every water, so anyway..i grew them in soil for about 3 weeks until the roots were nice and stablished, you couldve seen them coming out the drain holes on the bottom of the cups.
IMG_81522.jpg

Btw i topped that plant, i was bored and high one night so i said im gonna top that plant , next day i regretted lol cause it held me back a few days, i just wanted to use LST, and SOG for this grow is what my plans are.
But..nonetheless, it grew back and it aint looking bad
IMG_22647.jpg

so ok time to transplant.
I filled up a big bowl of warm water, took the plant out the cup and put it in the water..the soil pretty much just started breaking away by itself, so not really any damage was done to the roots, and at the point, 3 weeks after the little plant had a nice root ball already. I did notice some shock on the first day, which i wasnt worried because its normal. You can see some yellowing and brown spots on the old fan leafs, but i think that was due to ph problem when it was in soil, for 3 weeks my run off water read 4.0, and i couldnt raise it, so i just rode it along, i wasnt too worried as it was just a couple leafs getting like that, and overall was looking good. Here are some pics of when i transplanted
IMG_30921.jpg
IMG_25456.jpg
IMG_171110.jpg

But surprisingly to me by the time the second day came around, i could already see new growth, and the yellowing and browining had stopped, as the ph in the dwc was adjusted.

By day 3 the fan leaf fell off, the plant looked quite bigger than the night before, and inner branches are coming out..soo i think at this rate things are going good..
sum pics of day 3
IMG_85882.jpg
IMG_95771.jpg

As of right now is day 4, and i havent added any nutes yet in the solution, only calmag water, 250ppm, gonna ride it out like that for a few more days, then add a small amount of nutes. I will be using hesi kit for this grow, will update some more pics in a few days as things changes.
And like i said this is my first go at hydro, so any information, or suggestions will be really appreciated and needed, anyones welcome to tag along ;). Let me know if i forgot to provide any information.

looking good, Subscribed! Im doing my first DWC too. your already growing while im still building my box. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Im SofaKing Hi!

Thank u, and thx for taggin along, welcome. Btw i will eventually put them in 5gal buckets when the time comes, just letting them grow a little on smaller buckets, so i dont have to use nearly as much Water as i would if they were sittin in big buckets right now ;) peace out.

Kingjohnn..whats going on bro? Good to see you here. I will be putting em in 5gal buckets real soon, by the end of this weekend i guess..i need to go to lowes or something get stuff to make a water level tube for my 5gal buckets, easier to drain, n to see how much water they been drinking..i mixed some peroxide into my solution that seems to stabilize the ph for a few days, its been 3 days and the ph is still within the range. Anyway, i will try to post sum pics this weekend, lets hope for some progress..progress is good lol. ;) lata

Thx kush, and welcome, thx for droppin by.. iAm lookin through ur journal at this moment actually, ill drop u a line on there later.
And just a quick update on the plants, not much has changed the past 2 days, but things are staying green which is good..This is almost a week after the transplant, plants arent drinking that much water at all yet, but i checked my ppms this morning and noticed they increased slightly thought out the course of the week, so i topped off with plain water and brought my ppms back down to 250. Now i was thinking about adding a lil bit of nutes today and bumpin my ppms to about 500, 250calmag + 250veg nutes combined. The only thing i have in the water as of right now is calmag, been holding off a lil on the nutes, i dont wanna mess things up as i dont really have any hands on experience with hydro.
So what do you guys think, add nutes now or wait little longer? this is what ill be using for veg
IMG_31472.jpg

IMG_66323.jpg

They won't drink alot alot until flowering then they will start drinking but you got to make sure that there drinking and feeding equal or keep it as Ballanced as possible. For the nuts exactly how old are they. They look like there ready for small amount... It's looking good homie

Kush..waddup bro, tryin to catch up with ur journal here lol. Thx for the quick response, their gonna be a week old now in hydro, but i had them growin in solo cups before that for about 3 weeks. Yea im tryin to keep it balanced, today i topped off with just plain water to bring it back down to 250, as it had increased to 300. ;)

Yeah I'd give small half amount of nutes or 1/4 then slowly work you way up... Great work homie your gunna want to prolly use h2o2 at 3% 2 tsp per gal to keep bacteria low make sure everything's light proof and those roots will take off. My roots at continuously growing jeep temps around 69 as well if you can..

your plant appears to be ready to receive a 1/4 strength nutrient dosage. i would start with a 1/4 strength dosage and progressively over several watering increase it by 1/4 strength at a time until you are at full recommended dosage.

Alright so i added some nutes a little while ago, and i was left questioning myself..so i wanted to bump up my ppms by 250, and to the amount of water im using right now what i added was considereded a full dose, based on the nute's chart, but it only bumped it up by 130. So do i just keep addin nutes to the desired ppm level?

I would only use the starting dosage recommended by your nutrient company.

Thx John idk exactly how much i added, but i dont think i exceeded the bottles recommendation, plus my ppm is only 400, 250calmag, 150veg nutes, so i think it will be alright

I have a question by the way... Its almost a week after i transplanted my plants into dwc, and i still dont see any roots growing out of the netpot, and down into the water. My thinking was it would only take a few days. Any information on that is welcomed :) thx in advance

Thanks King i will start doing that for about a week see whats up..but i didnt think i had to, since im using small buckets, my water level is right below the pot, and the bubbles are strong enough to reach the roots.

U think that the roots havent shown through the net yet because their still recovering from transplant damage maybe? When i transplanted the plant it had a decent size rootball, so i thought a few days after itd start growing out and down to the water already. But now a week after and i still dont see it.. Any information is appreciated.

Top water feed them 3 to 4 times a day.. U should of pulled some roots through the holes before adding hydroton if u just put a root ball all jammed up by the hydroton it prolly got shocked and might take a week to grow down the pot.. Keep top feeding that think will take off as soon as it recovers.. Mine when I transplanted took a while to recover and then out of know where took off growing everywhere will the water to a half inch up the net pot until roots go through

Kush waddup bro? Yea, i just placed the roots at the bottom of the netpot, then surrounded with hydrotons, i didnt pull any roots thru the net, i didnt think it was necessary, since the the bubbling in the water was strong enough to keep a little more than haf of the pot watered, and dripping wet. I added some nutes last night, i will top feed 3-4 times a day until i see the growth taking off. Im hoping, and expect to see progress soon. Thx for dropping by yo, maybe next time around i should just invest in some drip rings, and start off with that, for about a week, or so on transplants, or cuttings?

Back
Top Bottom