Olypenn LED White Widow Grow

olypenn

This is my first indoor grow.
What strain is it? White Widow Feminized Autoflowering from seed.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? High Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Pre-vegie
If in Veg... For how long? 2 weeks from seed sprout.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
If soil... what is in your mix? Miracle Grow potting mix with coconut fiber and percolite. Just added 3 tsp of organic fertilizer (Espoma Plant-Tone Organic Plant Food).
If soil... What size pot? 10"
Size of light? 90 W LED placed 18" above leaf. Started out with 4" above plant and growth stopped. I read about LED lighting on 420 and moved the light. Started out under 80 florescent.
Temp of Room/cab? Temp at a constant 65 - 75 degrees with vents. The LED doesn't get hot enough to overheat the closet.
Size of Room/cab? 2x2x5 with alum and mylar reflective surface. Insulated.
PH of media or res? pH of water running off pot is 6.6.
Any Pests ? none
How often are you watering? Spray top 2x per day. About 1/2 quart rain water daily due to drying out.
MM_09-25-131.jpg

MM_10-01-131.jpg

MM_LED_10-02-13.jpg

Subscribed.

After lifting the light to 18" above the seedling last week, things are looking better. Today there are many more leaf starts. The soil is still wet to touch about the depth of 1 finger so I only did the mist 2 times today.
WWLED-2-10-05-13.jpg
WWLED-1-10-05-13.jpg

Little more leaf growth today. pH level of runoff was 6.7. The stem looks a bit thin to support the leaf canopy. There isn't any upward growth or stretching. Is this normal? Any comments/suggestions greatly appreciated. This is my first indoor grow and first with LED lighting.
WWLED-2-10-06-13.jpg
WWLED-1-10-06-13.jpg

More good growth today. Thanks for the tips on the air flow to improve stem strength and info about taking cuttings off an autoflower. I'm going to try it anyway just for curiosity sake and next go around use feminized seeds. Any suggestions about a strain? I would be looking for compact, indica, heavy flowering, short growth cycle. Maybe Norther Lights, White Widow, AK-47 or ?
WWLED-10-07-13.jpg

Plants are looking great.

You will be damaging yield and quality by cloning. It is like the cloned portion of the plant misses two to three weeks of an already short life cycle. It will produce better left on the mother plant.

You also want to limit repottings - as any stunting of growth on such a short cycle will hurt yield as well.

Nothing wrong with autos when used correctly - a very fast and easy way to get quality weed :thumb:

I have some Nirvana AK48 that i have growing. I is supposed to have a short flowering cycle and yield decently.

Nirvana AK48 marijuana strains have been gaining popularity steadily since the mid-1990s.

Our AK48 is one of the strongest early-finishing cannabis strains available anywhere.

Nirvana AK48 marijuana plants produce hard buds with an exceptional and penetrating aroma.

Although AK48 is a Cannabis Indica/Sativa hybrid, its effect tends toward the 'high' commonly produced by Sativas.

Although most marijuana growers will opt for a longer vegetative period to improve taste, under perfect conditions, Nirvana AK-48 may finish in as few as 48 days.

White strain: Yes
Feminized: Yes
Medical: No
Effect: High (cerebral, heady effect)
Flowering period: 7 - 9 weeks
Average yield: 400 - 500 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: sweet / smooth
Plant height: Medium
Plant type: Indoor
Indica / Sativa: Hybrid

Search | Nirvana® Shop

Added 1/2 pint rain water and misted once. Dropped a Northern Light seed in water to start germinating. Any suggestions about how to germinate? Is is better to put the seed in the soil or use the wet paper towels inside plates method?
WWAutoLED-10-08-13.jpg

Hello Olypenn and Welcome to the :420:

If and when I have used seeds I have always just put them in the dirt and wait. Always seemed to work good for me.

Nice looking girl you got going , subbed.

I have had 100% germination just planting the seed straight into the medium, keep it moist by spraying the soil a couple times a day til the seed pops. I also wrap the pots with plastic wrap til the pop, helps hold the moisture in, just make sure you remove it when they pop, and have a light waiting for it.

Dropped the Northern Light autoflower seed in soil today after soaking overnight. Put the 10" grow pot inside the grow box. The pH of runoff was 6.3. Same soil and fertilizer as the White Widow. Took the suggestion to wrap the NL in plastic to keep moisture in and trap heat from the LED.
AutoWWLED-10-09-13.jpg
AutoNLLED-10-09-13.jpg

Back
Top Bottom