Dank's Three Strain Grow LST CFLs In Soil

danklover79

What strain is it? AK47 X UK Cheese X Skunk #1, Pineapple Chunk, and Purple Paralysis
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? All Sativa dominant
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? veg/seedling
If in Veg... For how long? They all sprouted today
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 65% FFOF 35% perlite
If soil... What size pot? 5 inch pots for now, then 1 gallon oxy pots, and 3 gallon smart pots for flower
Size of light? 32 watt cfls for veg 125 watt cfl for flower, which will probably be upgraded
Is it aircooled? yes 3 PC fans
Temp of Room/cab? 75-82 F lights on, low 70s lights off
RH of Room/cab? 50%
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? when pots are almost dry
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm trio, with Roots Organic guano, and molasses in flower

Hello everyone, I'm at it again, gotta fill some jars around here since I smoked all the buds from my first grow. I hope 3 plants will not be too much, if so I will pull the weakest one, or build a small flower box to relieve this space. Since they just sprouted I'll wait a day or two to upload pics of them. The AK X seedling is still struggling to right itself, but the other two are sprouting leaf tips already. Just to clarify, the reason the RH is kind of low is I still have a flowering plant in the space. It should finish within 10 days, and since it's an auto, I have it under 18/6, which is the cycle the seedlings are on as well. Here's a pic of the space, and I'll post more soon.
20130902_204150.jpg

In that pic there was only the DWC girl, she was still in veg then. I have since removed the clamp light, and when the lights come on, I have to set up my veg lighting. These babies only took two days to sprout, they caught me off guard a little, so I didn't have my veg lighting in yet. I was thinking about doing a single plant DWC scrog, but I don't feel confident enough to commit to DWC completely yet. My DWC auto is doing well, aside from some nute burn, but committing my entire grow to the method seems somewhat risky to me.

Hey Dank, good to see the new journal is up! I'm subbed.

Have you decided on what lights you are going to upgrade to? If you do end up going the 250+ HID route, I recommend a cool tube over a reflector hood or open reflectors. My reason is that for small spaces like mine and yours, those clunky hoods and open-design reflectors take up a lot of space and what do they give in return on every single square inch of that space? Heat! That's way I went with a cool tube, it is small and compact, making the best use of its cylindrical shape, and you only have a circumference of 6 inches giving off minimal heat due to a duct fan constantly pushing air at 240 CFM ;)

Also how are you likeing those FF Trio nutes? Do you feed at full strength?

Thanks for subbing AG, I have actually been thinking about taking the LED route, because of temps, efficiency, and I've seen some really nice LED grows lately. I do know that cfls are not the way to go in flower, but I'll still use them for veg to minimize stretch.
Hey Dank, good to see the new journal is up! I'm subbed.

Have you decided on what lights you are going to upgrade to? If you do end up going the 250+ HID route, I recommend a cool tube over a reflector hood or open reflectors. My reason is that for small spaces like mine and yours, those clunky hoods and open-design reflectors take up a lot of space and what do they give in return on every single square inch of that space? Heat! That's way I went with a cool tube, it is small and compact, making the best use of its cylindrical shape, and you only have a circumference of 6 inches giving off minimal heat due to a duct fan constantly pushing air at 240 CFM ;)

Also how are you likeing those FF Trio nutes? Do you feed at full strength?

As for the FF trio, I have had almost no issue, except for some nute burn on the DWC girl. I fed full strength tiger bloom in the last grow, but since the FFOF is kind of hot, plus they were all autos, I never even used the grow big.

subbed, I'll just sit back here and take notes

subd,

is that plant thats struggling over watered at all, the only other reason i can see it having problems is if its stretching due to the lights been to far away, if my cfls are to high then my seedlings tend to stretch and fall over so i have to raise some pots to make sure the canopy is nice and even across all the plants,

its going to be interesting to see how they turn out, so subd and along for the ride,

No it's not stretching, it was bent over like that when it broke the soil, but it has almost straightened out now, and all the babies are doing great. Honestly I think it was like that because I may have planted it a little too deep, but it looks good now.
subd,

is that plant thats struggling over watered at all, the only other reason i can see it having problems is if its stretching due to the lights been to far away, if my cfls are to high then my seedlings tend to stretch and fall over so i have to raise some pots to make sure the canopy is nice and even across all the plants,

its going to be interesting to see how they turn out, so subd and along for the ride,

Thanks for subbing everyone, I hope it won't be as bumpy a ride as I'm anticipating, guess we'll have to see. So do you guys want some pics of the babies? Seems some people get kinda bored seeing pics of seedlings, but I like all stages of a grow, it's all very therapeutic for me, gives me a calm feeling just to look at the plants.

Thanks for subbing everyone, I hope it won't be as bumpy a ride as I'm anticipating, guess we'll have to see. So do you guys want some pics of the babies? Seems some people get kinda bored seeing pics of seedlings, but I like all stages of a grow, it's all very therapeutic for me, gives me a calm feeling just to look at the plants.
Pics are always a good thing! Gives you something to compare to during the grow. And....well we just like pics. LOL

See how the AK X is slightly bent over? Yesterday it was at 90 degrees, so seems like it's straightening itself out, time to get baked right now though, got some pretty good smoke stashed away.:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom