Northern Lights - Fem - 600W HPS - First SCROG

noydb07

Hey 420 mag users! I am sort of new at this whole post a grow thing so bear with me. Ive been using this site and a few others lately to find any and ALL answers I need. However with any new grower, I will need a little direction or hopefully just a plain pat on the back lol

Soil-50%MG Organic (I know its NEVER RECOMMENDED and i plan not to do it EVER again(however i had to do it because ordering soil to my house is no bueno) 25% perlite 25% peat moss

Nutes- Fox farm trio (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom)

Light- Flower Room-Dimmable I-power 600w hps from amazon (i have had no problems even though it was relatively cheap 180$) ALSO 2 T8 FLOROS 55w / Veg Room- 2 t8 floros 55w one t5HO 4 ft 4 bulb

Space- 4x8 Grow Tent

Temp- Lately 85 F but ideally 73f day 65f night (problems with air conditioner because its winter time :/)

Humidity- 40- 55%

Plants- 3 in Flower 1 Mamma ( sick and needs diagnosed) and 1 on deck

Annnd the plants day 2 flower ( small for this size net I know BUT I need to learn my strain and i'm doing so by counting squares in the net during the stretch ha ha sort of hackwork but it will work! (i think)

112118.JPG

112118.JPG

117104.JPG

119100.JPG

118104.JPG

115110.JPG

This is my filter going through the cool tube and OUT!

How am I doing with SIZE? the biggest question mark for me is how far they stretch during flower w/ the scrog technique...

Re: Nirvana Northern Lights(Fem) 600w hps FIRST SCROG

sh*t first picture is 2 days before start of flower. ive read N.L does exceptionally well in high heat and i also wanted to stretch the girls out a bit so i turned off the A/C and raised the light to increase inter-node stretch to fill my net FAST haha maybe a genius idea maybe not.. THAT'S WHY I'M HERE! haha I'm left with my own logic which can sometimes be Faulty

Re: Nirvana Northern Lights(Fem) 600w hps FIRST SCROG

thanks man! I did a LIFETIME of research haha and this will be my Second harvest when its all said and done. Thing is Everyone can make mistakes and the first time I DID haha ON my very first grow i yielded 7 grams dried per plant (2) I'm embarrassed haha micro grow...anyways i need to make all of this time money research worth it. I think scrog is the way to go. although i do not think soil is haha dwc will be my next endeavor after seeing a few incredible scrogs on here with dwc. Anywho thanks man for the support and ill post soon!

Thanks Mono! Definitely welcome! I checked out the Northern lights/ sweet tooth cross you grew bright white! haha This will be my First Non-Bag seed grow so im hoping for those same frosty buds :drool:

And addict I check out the tut grow. SHEESH! Outstanding stuff! Sort of scary honestly lol i worry about my plants a little too much sometimes and if I had a baby THAT big id be driving myself nuts over details lol Duly Noted to take advise from these two lol

First three are my sickly mother plant :/ I considered pests because i Do have small white insects that live in my soil. After a little research Because they jump I decided they were spring-tails! (hopefully) A sign of a good micro flora in the soil...BUT her Leaves are dying rapidly 3 days ago I Cut off Most of her Leaves and Treated with Liquid Lady Bug ( pesticide killer(Neem oil and Peppermint oil I believe)) But today Ive noticed these red spots again Looks like the plant is being Eaten! or rotting! I could feed her But im afraid of killing her in a weak state :/ Thoughts on Momma?
12926.JPG
12629.JPG
12531.JPG
12033.JPG
even canopy shot
12373.JPG
12435.JPG

nice looking plants. those little hopping white things are indeed springtails. check the leaves if you're worried about pests.

your mother plants don't look "sick". that looks like a calcium issue.

I would flush the soil with a light mix of nutrients.

I've been wanting to But Like i said I didn't want to kill it. You've given me the confidence I need! feeding today w/ Light mix o nutes!. I gotten Much better but I used to almost kill plants in veg because i was always over-fertalizing. Less definitely is more haha

I fully agree less is more. It's much quicker to sort a deficiency than it is to have a plant recover from over fertilization.

I've been wanting to But Like i said I didn't want to kill it. You've given me the confidence I need! feeding today w/ Light mix o nutes!. I gotten Much better but I used to almost kill plants in veg because i was always over-fertalizing. Less definitely is more haha

especially with the strong fox farms nutrients.

OK! It has been awhile since my last post and Ive had a few things change so Time for an UPDATE! I am not the best with words so here is about ten thousand words ;)

Stink Bug
0011540.JPG

First day flower
112118.JPG

Day 11 for halfway stretch comparative ;)
010822.JPG

MY new Homemade Co2 setup. ha and its exhaust above the light
0041381.JPG
0051314.JPG

New Addition just for Lst Shits and giggles
0061139.JPG
0071080.JPG

I Hung 2 t8 Floros in flower room to promote Resin production..Worked well on my first attempt! :)
0021538.JPG
0031468.JPG
008988.JPG

So Far so good I Realize now I could and should have vegged to ABOUT this size then switched to flower for the size plant I had 'imagined' lol. Nevertheless On Track! By the way - Thanks for the input guys - helps a ton!

So-So Ive recently bought a cloner and also heard of taking Flowering clones so I've been experimenting with that lately (flowering clones that is). Although I did give mamma a dose of the Tiger bloom even though she is in 24/0 veg. It had the highest percentage of calcium of all my nutrients and she has been showing pre-flowers for about 3 weeks.Nevertheless she is looking good. No new burns just old plus the new growth is Lush green.. Also I've recently decided that mamma is my next run of plants... one mamma one 600w one net haha EXCITED! So mammas training starts soon seeing as i only have 6 weeks left in flower room!!!! Next update after the 21 day mark! See you guys then! as always Input is appreciated and ill post the mamma plant soon.. One more thing! Anyone know about flowering clones? I Guess they grow faster due to having more mature gene pools to draw from.(branches stalks buds). thoughts?

By flowering clones do you mean taking clones during flowering? Or taking clones then flowering them?

This plant was a clone, of a clone, of a clone, of a clone, of a clone, of a clone. So 6th Generation, lost no potency. However did not have the vigor of a plant grown from seed.

SAM_05093.JPG

These are clones taken during week 4 of flowering. Took about 4 weeks to revert to vegative growth and begin growing again. Note the strange leaves and sick growth.

SAM_0710.JPG

wow very odd leaves. Never seen those on cannabis before. Yeah I meant the clones taken from a flowering plant. I just took 3 and the plants are on day 14 flower. I have read that a 'flower clone' is more vigorous throughout its entire life than a vegetative clone which I deem possible. The clone would have already had plenty of immune system help and food to make it a stronger cutting....maybe not. That's why I'm trying. I have one clone- veg and 3 clone -flower. (little experiment)

Thats a sixth generation! Looks great! I guess i figured they'd like not be weed anymore or something after clone after clone haha turn into oregano :hmmmm:....hmm I'm glad you showed me this. Now i wont feel too bad using my mother later on ;)

wow very odd leaves. Never seen those on cannabis before. Yeah I meant the clones taken from a flowering plant. I just took 3 and the plants are on day 14 flower. I have read that a 'flower clone' is more vigorous throughout its entire life than a vegetative clone which I deem possible. The clone would have already had plenty of immune system help and food to make it a stronger cutting....maybe not. That's why I'm trying. I have one clone- veg and 3 clone -flower. (little experiment)

Thats a sixth generation! Looks great! I guess i figured they'd like not be weed anymore or something after clone after clone haha turn into oregano :hmmmm:....hmm I'm glad you showed me this. Now i wont feel too bad using my mother later on ;)

Clones taken during flowering will work just fine. And I agree may have more vigour than a clone taken during veg. Just keep an eye on them and they should take around 4-6 weeks to begin growing again.

I found that once they began vegetative growth again, it was worth trimming off all the weird leaves at the bottom then transplanting them deep. Seemed to work well and kept the plant nice and 'tidy'

Back
Top Bottom