Convicted's Grow

convicted

hello ladies, gentlemen, potheads and stoners,

i'm a pro gardener in the real world yet feel like a fish out of water when it comes to growing mj, i self medicate due to some serious shoulder pain (that doc's cant fix) which allows me to countiue working, but due to the boom in retail prices i have invested in a little homegrow operation no more than a few plants a yr so i dont have to remorgage for a couple of j's,

my set up is a secret jardin 5" x 5" sq and 6" tall,
running a 600w hps
with a 6" turbo fan inlet
and 4" filtered out let
i maintain 74f 24hrs a day (took me 3 wks to get this temp have had 86f at times)
i grow in soil
and have the jungle juice range for nute feeding,

as it stands i have 5 plants growing x2 power africa (freebies)
x2 cinniamon
x1 northern lights
i have plenty left for a greenhouse grow nxt spring

i am having the same problems as most newbies (which is a shock being a gardener) as these lovelys dont seem to conform with normal plant cycles ie over feeding, growth, temps, etc

any advice will be gratfully received :thumb:

ps i will post pics asap,

2013-10-27_14_54_59.jpg
2013-10-27_14_55_03.jpg
2013-10-27_14_56_31.jpg
2013-10-27_14_56_35.jpg
2013-10-27_14_56_42.jpg
2013-10-27_14_56_28.jpg

Just a quick thing the intake fan should ideally be placed at the bottom, that way cooler air comes in through the bottom and the hotter air gets extracted through the top.

Also I don't normally hook my carbon filter up this early on as their isn't really any smell yet, the more time it isn't connected the longer it will last and the more efficient your exhaust fan will be.

i did think about lowering it down, i'll have a suffle around with it later (may have to cut a hole) and remove the filter,

see i knew joining this site would help me, cheers Dr just reading your journels :)

Welcome to 420 magazine :)

Is your ballast digital? If so it would be a good idea to bump it down to 50% (300W) at the time since they are still young and aren't able to use all the intended light. If you do turn it down, lower your hood a good foot and you will be saving money whilst using close to the same light for the girls :) Always nice to have a little lower elec bill :blunt: I may be seeing a little over watering also, let these babies dry out after watering for a good 3 days, you should be able to lift the pots and notice a considerable difference in a freshly watered pot and a pot that has been drying for a few days :)

Everything is looking great sir :) stay well :peace: CA215

Welcome to 420 magazine :)

Is your ballast digital? If so it would be a good idea to bump it down to 50% (300W) at the time since they are still young and aren't able to use all the intended light. If you do turn it down, lower your hood a good foot and you will be saving money whilst using close to the same light for the girls :) Always nice to have a little lower elec bill :blunt: I may be seeing a little over watering also, let these babies dry out after watering for a good 3 days, you should be able to lift the pots and notice a considerable difference in a freshly watered pot and a pot that has been drying for a few days :)

Everything is looking great sir :) stay well :peace: CA215

hello CA215, unfortanatly i am stuck with the high output as the ballast isnt digital, (work pays for the electric bill so can use as much as i like ;) ) and as for watering i havent watered for over a wk as i felt that could be some of my problem with the larger 1 so i will let her dry right out before starting the water again,

hello CA215, unfortanatly i am stuck with the high output as the ballast isnt digital, (work pays for the electric bill so can use as much as i like ;) ) and as for watering i havent watered for over a wk as i felt that could be some of my problem with the larger 1 so i will let her dry right out before starting the water again,

That works perfect also, can't complain with that. I guess I get off with the water bill being included in my rent :laugh:
If there are ever any questions ill just say" sorry ill take a shorter showers LOL".

In the big pots it is also not necessary to water the entire pot, you can literally water at the root base for awhile to let her get established (every couple days) and when she gets big enough you will want to water the full pot to make sure the entire root zone gets moist and is able to stretch and grow :)

Patience is a virtue with growing, I am still learning this :laugh:

hey Dr the soil is a mix i use on all my plants except i didnt add the blood fish and bone and added extra stone for drainage

normal tap water at room temp now water butts full i'll switch to that i think, and no never ph tested should i??

Drtentgrow is right, pH is going to play a big factor here soon. I suggest if money is right, pick up a pH pen, digital is best, and some 7.0 calibrating solution. And of course, pH down :) or possibly pH up depending on where ya live :)

Also, with no added perlite these girls are going to need a lot less watering, they are going to stay pretty damp.

Back
Top Bottom