Crazycarl's Perpetual Auto Grow

Crazycarl

Crazycarls Perpetual Auto Grow

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Autos

Indoor grow box

IMG_20130706_1531131.jpg

I will be removing the mid chamber that way I can get more height and set the lights up to better adjust them height wise too

Soil will be TGA super soil oogle it

If soil... What size pot? 3 gallon smarts at this time

Size of light? Not sure 3 leds close to 400w light bulb grow

Is it aircooled? yes with a carbon scrubber

Type and strength of ferts used? Foxfarm when needed

Just getting the start of my next grow going as my last is wrapping up. This is set to be a run of auto seeds I got about 30 or so I ordered from our great sponsor Herbie's. I plan to use a soil I see at a MMJ market I hit every so often. I plan is to soak the seeds a day let them crack then plant them into the 3 gallon smart pots with a clear container over the seed area. I plan to run my lights 18-6. Also plan to install a SOG in my box after the first grow I have learned the benefits of getting you buds to their own area for light.

Re: Crazycarls Perpetual Auto Grow

Subbed

I'm trying to learn before i start my grow, i was thinking about starting with autos
I will follow your journal so i can learn from it
Good luck

Hey doopie,

I think SOG is Sea of green and SCRoG is screen of green. Different names for the same thing I believe.
And I think some people have already had success with this method on autos. LOw stress training is ok on auto flower but high stress in auto cause the plant to stunt and because its an auto it will finish in a set amount of days . So because of he stunt your yield will be dramatically decreased.

Subscribed.

My next grow is also gonna be an autoflower.

By the way, you wrote you plan to install a SOG, you mean SCROG no? I also really don't know a lot about autoflowers, but I think you can't use SCROG with them.

Yea same thing like Vic said

I looked up several tutorials, because I wanted to use SCROG and Im pretty sure, I read that they aren't the same:

Sea of Green is putting a lot of plants close together and flowering them early, so each one doesn't have to become big. Screen of Green is taking a net and putting it between the plants and the light, to have each plant grow as many big colas as possible.

But yea, it would actually make sense for SCROG to also be called Sea of Green :)

Anyways, good to know that you can LST autoflowers. I thought they couldnt handle any stress whatsoever, without losing crop.

Pardon me Carl, But Id like to clear this up. ;)

SOG and SCRoG are not the same.
SOG the plants are generally lollipopped and only allowed for the main cola to be Bud. The side branches are almost always stripped and the plants and flowered fast and hard.
SCRoG is where you fill up the screen before flipping to flower. This can include topping, but it doesnt have to.

How this applies to Autos----

The original purpose of Autos was a plant that Auto Flowers in a SOG grow in a Short time. No vegging required. Cause trust me, when you have 40 plants in a SOG and 20 of them show balls it gets ugly quickly. Fem autos IMO were basically the SOG'ers dream.

Now, do autos handle stress?? Yes. Just like a normal Plant. Stress doesnt kill an Auto. That is Urban Legend. You can top them, fim, aything you do to a photo you can do to an auto. But yield will suffer. Dramatically depending on strain. Its not the Stress, its the recovery time that is an issue with Autos. I have a great example of this going right now in a journal.
I had two autos and a bubba kush that were extremely sick. Ive spent numerous weeks 'salvaging' them. When i got the Bubba Kush back to healthy, it shot up 2 feet in 10days!!! One of the Autos bounced back, but the other is small and pitiful. Same age, same problems. But because the Autos have a Finite amount of life, they just cant afford two weeks of stunting.

Hope that answers some of the q's and also if you would like to see a pic of the SCRoG auto, Ill link ya as I dont want to hi-jack Brunckle Carls thread. :)

Pardon me Carl, But Id like to clear this up. ;)

SOG and SCRoG are not the same.
SOG the plants are generally lollipopped and only allowed for the main cola to be Bud. The side branches are almost always stripped and the plants and flowered fast and hard.
SCRoG is where you fill up the screen before flipping to flower. This can include topping, but it doesnt have to.

How this applies to Autos----

The original purpose of Autos was a plant that Auto Flowers in a SOG grow in a Short time. No vegging required. Cause trust me, when you have 40 plants in a SOG and 20 of them show balls it gets ugly quickly. Fem autos IMO were basically the SOG'ers dream.

Now, do autos handle stress?? Yes. Just like a normal Plant. Stress doesnt kill an Auto. That is Urban Legend. You can top them, fim, aything you do to a photo you can do to an auto. But yield will suffer. Dramatically depending on strain. Its not the Stress, its the recovery time that is an issue with Autos. I have a great example of this going right now in a journal.
I had two autos and a bubba kush that were extremely sick. Ive spent numerous weeks 'salvaging' them. When i got the Bubba Kush back to healthy, it shot up 2 feet in 10days!!! One of the Autos bounced back, but the other is small and pitiful. Same age, same problems. But because the Autos have a Finite amount of life, they just cant afford two weeks of stunting.

Hope that answers some of the q's and also if you would like to see a pic of the SCRoG auto, Ill link ya as I dont want to hi-jack Brunckle Carls thread. :)

Ah that clears it up and yes I plan to run slight SCRoG then. When I was finishing up my last grow the screen will help keep buds in their own area. Un like last grow where the plant was going where it wanted and keep closing/covering other bud sites :bravo:

Have few reps too Spimp as always :)

Back
Top Bottom