Experiments With Blue Cheese - Brassic Style

Brassic Brit

Hello and Welcome everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

OK lets get the party started. First up a little photo of my current experiment. There's quite a story behind what you can see here. The garden resides in my uber cheap 80 x 80 x 180cm grow box (more on that later) and is lit solely with Cfl's and side fluoro' tubes. I think you will agree the greenery looks happy and healthy. Pic is a few days old at 28 days bud 12/12 Big Buddha Blue Cheese fem. Anyone care to comment ? Can you guess how many girls are squeezed in there ?
Garden01.jpg

Peace

Brassic

Subbed at post # 2

Subbed at post # 2

Hey BAG, I see a lot of people who respond to a journal by saying "subbed". I'm still fairly new to this message board thing so I don't understand that. Is it good to just say "subbed", instead of commenting on the journal? Do we get "points" or something for post counts? Just curious as to why people do this?

Hello and Welcome everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

OK lets get the party started. First up a little photo of my current experiment. There's quite a story behind what you can see here. The garden resides in my uber cheap 80 x 80 x 180cm grow box (more on that later) and is lit solely with Cfl's and side fluoro' tubes. I think you will agree the greenery looks happy and healthy. Pic is a few days old at 28 days bud 12/12 Big Buddha Blue Cheese fem. Anyone care to comment ? Can you guess how many girls are squeezed in there ?
Garden01.jpg

Peace

Brassic

Hey brit. I just stumbled on to your journal. When I see "experiment", I'm always interested. You should call it, "vertical florescent grow"! It looks like a fun project. I've never done vertical lighting, but when you see monster indoor grows, vertical seems to be the ticket. Do you have any problems with leaves touching the lights?

I would be interested in more details. Construction of your box, the exact lighting you're using, and grow method. I'm guessing 5 plants?

Lookin good. :thumb:

Hey BAG, I see a lot of people who respond to a journal by saying "subbed". I'm still fairly new to this message board thing so I don't understand that. Is it good to just say "subbed", instead of commenting on the journal? Do we get "points" or something for post counts? Just curious as to why people do this?

:

The reason we do this is because when u comment to a journal you are automatically subscribed thru your UserCP. So if we spot a journal that we want to follow, but maybe we dont have a true comment on the grow yet, w can type 'sub'd' and then check for updates when the journal gets more action. :)

sub'd Brassic Brit. :high-five:

Great explo..

The reason we do this is because when u comment to a journal you are automatically subscribed thru your UserCP. So if we spot a journal that we want to follow, but maybe we dont have a true comment on the grow yet, w can type 'sub'd' and then check for updates when the journal gets more action. :)

I usually go to "thread tools, subscribe".

Thank you so much Sir great to have ya around :thumb:

BB

Capn,

while things were quiet over here I took a swing down over to yours for a few hours. That's some mighty fine info you're sharing over there my friend. As we will see shortly I am using your latest method in its most simple form. Some of your other threads have answered a bunch of problems I had in the past. Hats off to you Sir brilliant work:welldone:

Lets move on guys

BB

Ok I'm teasing already. Take a look at the whole picture.

GardenFull01.JPG

And a little frosty delight

P101002417.JPG

Now the next surprise is that this fine lady has been around since January of this year.
“Noooooo...” I hear you say.
She's #1 of a three plant grow I ran to harvest around the end of May, it was my first grow and there were some nOOb mistakes along the way I can tell ya. This gorgeous gal suffered some serious mishap early in her life. I hope Master Spimp is reading this (I took Snappy Mc Twiggerson to a whole new level, right down to node 2 iirc, and she lives on) What's completely blowing me away is the apparent success of this experiment. I just hope she goes all the way to harvest “2” in 5 or 6 weeks time. So there you have it, She's a reveg to reflower Blue Cheese wonder and I'm just a gob-smacked humble gardener. Question is what to do with her after round two ? I'll throw that open for suggestions from you guys.

As those colas are filling out things are getting a little heavy hence the bits of dental floss holding a few up. More work required in that area as Capn asked earlier if the 'verts' are a problem, yes I got some scorched leaves. I shall look at some kinda mesh screen if I use this method again. Grow medium is rockwool croutons and i hand top feed (House and Garden Aqua A+B) to just a tad waste. I am baffled by the performance of the budget lighting system. We have 90w of side tubes running 4000kelvin and just 75w of top lighting at 6500k. This is the area of the grow I so want answers for. Apart from the other important variables of temp and RH which I try to keep sweet. The numbers don't stack up for GPW.

I'll trade ya power bills:rofl:
Nice to meet ya Brit

Hey there s1ingblade,

Thanks for dropping by. Bet ya don't wanna trade power bills when I tell ya mine are $0.27/kWh unless of course your on my side of the pond. My thread is hoping to shed some light on this issue. (Pun intended) Ie max yield, least watts. So hope ya stay tuned.

BB

Back
Top Bottom