White Fire & Skywalker 600 Watt LED Grow - First Time Grower

ledgrower187

Hello all! This is my first grow EVER! Never done this before and wanted to try my hand at it since I am Medical Card holder in California. I use marijuana for depression and back pain from a sports injury. Anyways, I was interested in the low power consumption that LED are known for. As far as the technology I am using, it is an LED directly from a Chinese manufacturer according to the eBay site. Anyways that is not important, the important thing is this is my first grow and I'm diving into it with a 600 Watt LED grow light.

My 3 clones were recently transplanted to solo cups 1 1/2 weeks ago. I also have 3 seedlings 2 of them are bagseed and the third is Skywalker. I introduced 1 mL of Voodoo Juice and 1 mL of B-52 into a 1 Gal. jug and have watered 2 times with that. Before I was feeding them normal tap water now I give them water purchased from a local water store which puts their water through a huge on-site filtration system. I have my 4' inline fan on full blast sucking air out of my 5ftX8ftX6ft closet space at ~170 CFM.

Strains - 3X White Fire Alien(Indica F1 clones), Skywalker(Indica), Bagseed #1(Unknown Genetics), Bagseed #2(Unknown Genetics)
Soil - Fox Farms Ocean Forrest
Lights - 600 Watt Chinese made LED (PM me for more info I will not promote any specific brands)
Fan - 4' Inline Fan, 4' Inline Carbon Filter
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients Line; Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B-52, Overdrive
Techniques: Supercropping
:thumb:
I am currently in week 2 (Day 12) of vegetative growth. You will see there are 3 seedlings 2 of them are pretty well developed and about 2 1/2 weeks old (rough estimate), the smallest one has recently sprouted about a week ago. There are also 3 White Fire Clones; I gave my girls a feeding of voodoo juice and B-52 1mL of each diluted in a 1 gal jug.

I know this all a learning process and I am looking forward to learn a lot from this knowledgeable community! I am the type of grower that is open to constructive criticism, this is my first grow after all and everything I know has been learned through hours of online research and lurking on forums. :Namaste:

IMG_113817.jpg

Overhead view of the girls.

IMG_113911.jpg

White Fire F1 Clone

IMG_114115.jpg

White Fire F1 Clone

IMG_114414.jpg

White Fire F1 Clone

IMG_114218.jpg

Bagseed #1

IMG_114316.jpg

Bagseed #2

Re: White Fire, and Skywalker 600 Watt LED grow (First time grower)

Good start mate, nice wattage on that LED light, ive only seen ppl using half of the power of ur LED or less, how are ur temperatures like? This is a great forum to get started, a lot of great ppl out there with good knowledge, that know what their doing ;)

Re: White Fire, and Skywalker 600 Watt LED grow (First time grower)

Thanks bro! I have not measured temps but I estimate they are in the 70's F I will acquire a thermometer soon. There is plenty of air flow with my 4' inch inline fan sucking air out of the closet, and also a small rotor fan helps keep temps down. I also have my window open so there is always fresh air coming in, and plus it is currently winter time and temps here in Orange County are pretty nice except in the summer.

Updates on the ladies!

you can see below I transplanted 2 of my White Fire clones to 3 gal pots.

IMG_117619.jpg

White Fire transplanted to 3 gal pott.

IMG_117816.jpg

White Fire transplanted to 3 gal pott.

IMG_118018.jpg

Bagseed #2 is doing very well, thriving.

IMG_118216.jpg

This little one is the Skywalker from seed.

IMG_118419.jpg

Another White Fire clone, she will be kept in veg for cloning.

IMG_118615.jpg

This is Bagseed #1 she is doing ok, a bit droopy and some slight yellowing on the leaves

IMG_118820.jpg

Overview of my garden!

Comments and questions welcome!

question is there a veg setting for your lights? or is it just on and off full blast
im not saying the red spectrum wont work I know guys use both for veg but supposedly the blue green spectrum is the veg color
im a led user mainly on flowering started using them towards the end of my first grow and never looked back
welcome to 420 and good grow to you :thumb:

@Chronichemphog the light itself has no switches. You just plug it in, and it comes on full blast. Well I took into account the color, but I mainly looked at the spectrum of the LED light itself. I made sure it mimicked the suns spectrum and made sure the nm width was within the required range for the correct color spectrum (you get what I mean?). There are many lights out there that claim they work perfectly, I made sure to get a quality light.

Looking good. I read you have to at least keep 3ft between the plants and the LED as any closer could cause them to bleach. Though i myself haven't got any experience so i could be wrong.

Happy Munchday LED :thumb:
I keep mine pretty close try to move the plant away if its too close but if had it touching the light with no real ill effect

don't forget to vote in this months contests
last one of the year
lets have a great voter turnout :thumb:

@fozzybear I keep the canopy about 8 inches from my lights, since my girls are really stretching they got about 6 inches from the light without me noticing, and no damage I believe the bleaching is more from HID lights. I don't really trust the 3 foot distance since my girls grew so slowly at first at that distance, but after I got them like 1 1/2 feet they exploded in vegetative growth.

Thanks @woundedvet!

@Cronichemphog thanks brother will do.

I will update this post with youtube videos pretty soon, stay tuned :)

[video=youtube;N3h18bN8nKI]
[/video]

Hello everyone! I've been quite busy lately with finals and what not.
Anyways here is the YouTube video update as promised. You can see there has been a lot of change lately, the girls are at day 13 of the bloom cycle. I am currently running @ 2.5 mL per gallonfor both Voodoo Juice and Big Bud, but next feeding will consist of Big Bud and B-52 @ 3 mL per gallon. I've also introduced a table spoon of brown sugar with every feeding as well. Thats all for this week and until after the holidays as far as updates. Thanks for staying tuned, hope everyone enjoys the holidays! :Namaste::thanks:

P.S. I apologize for the poor quality, if anyone has any tips on how to improve video recording on an iphone 5 under LED light.

Back
Top Bottom