First Time Grower - Soil - Bag Seed - 2013

GunsNweed

So I'm a nb.. I've stalked this site for years now, but I'm in the middle of my first ever grow and I just thought I would share my progress. I feel like I'm doin alright but I know that I have a lot to learn still, that's part of the fun tho! I'm just ready for a taste test! Not rushing it tho.

Well lets see.. I have a shop that I've built a 3x4x7 sealed room. Just framed it up with 2x4's and stapled black plastic for walls with a 3/4in plywood roof then I great stuff'd the joints. For the door I used the same plastic with velcrow, I just roll it up. I was given this 2in thick styrofoam like insulation made for making coolers that I lined everything In as it will be in weather ranging from 15 to 110 degree's as the seasons change. For added insulation and a supposive 95% reflective surface I found a roll of this stuff at lowes which is actually some type of insulation. I've been using an 8in 300cfm inline duct fan for exhaust and I made a blower style intake out of a fart fan that was 100 cfm I believe but it had the walls blown out like a ballon before I Insulated. I just run it longer than the exhaust. As for lighting I vegged for 40 days under a 6 lamp 4ft t5( I don't really plan on vegging this long next time). I was pleased with the light. Now I'm 3 weeks into flower using a 400w hps. I have some 40 watt cfls as well and the same t5 with correct bulbs on my back wall as I don't have two rooms running at the time.

So as far as strain goes.. I am working on getting some seeds I can be Informed on but until then bag seed.. Now the smoke was good but it still had seeds in it. I had two plants of two diff variety from seed which one has since gone all he bitch on me and got that ass cutdown. I lucked up and got to clone a "purp" plant from a friend which was actually purple as hell but anyway.. I was stoked that I got it to live being my first time and all! It was 4 weeks into bloom and took a bit to go back into veg and even longer to stop growing retarded (which actually worked out to my benifit I believe. I will load pics. So I now have 3 ladies in the room one was added later. I've supper cropped ,topped, fimmed, lollipopped and lst'd. I'm trying my hand at it folks Ive read for years and just had to see if I could grow some good smoke. I'm happy to join the crowd and will take any advise for I know I could read forever but experience trumps that so feel free.

Oh yea I'm using an organic soil from lowes I've heard of being used because I didn't wanna have to pay to ship dirt. It's seem to be a decent product. I'm using technaflora nutes starter kit deal... because it made it simple. I'm also now using bud candy and nirvana through part of bloom. I've heard the good and bad about bud candy but I said shit on it I'm gonna try it. I just followed the directions on all nutes and gradually worked them up to full strength. I wait for the pot to lighten up and get nice and dry on the top inch or so before I water... Mainly just been going by weight tho. I'm sure I've forgotten something so if you've taken interest just ask and I'll fill ya in.
image5527.jpg
image5530.jpg
image5529.jpg
image5526.jpg
image5528.jpg
image5525.jpg

I forgot temps and stuff.. I'm keeping my room right around 75 and letting it drop to 60 at lights off, it's winter right now so it might drop a lil lower. I have to tweak my heater daily to maintain the proper range. The humidity has been around 45% give or take. It's really humid where I live so it can jump up if its raining or something. But I'm doing what I can to keep it on the lower side to prevent mold.

Thanks a lot! Yeah I've been trying to keep it around 40% give or take... It's actually been dropping and holding at 16% a good portion of the time but at the time of the pic it was raining and the humidity jumped up when I opened my room up.. I def don't want any mold.. And these ladies have started to smell nice and funky!

So the ladies are approaching week 7. I have a 420 scope so I've been checking trichs just to monitor progress. Most seem cloudy some are questionable to me. I have some purple trich stems which were pretty cool lookin. Their aren't any amber just yet and I don't plan on letting them go to quite 50/50 cloudy/amber as I would enjoy a more sativa like high. So i am assuming they have about 2 weeks left give or take. One thing that makes me think it will be the better part of 2 is that the calyxes are mostly still white. The bottom of the plant seems to have more red hair but it's really only about 25%. But I'm gonna let the trichs be what I base judgment on. I would say like 60% are cloudy so I started the flush. I'm gonna do so a few more times atleast but I wonder if it was a lil early. Now I don't have a clue what type of plant this is and have no knowledge of a time frame but on a whole do indica's and sativa's differ that much as far as the time In between cloudy and amber. I'm posting a few pics one is a bud that broke off so I trimmed it up and it's drying. It looks nice atleast lol
image6079.jpg
image6080.jpg

Thanks a lot Jimmy6000! I'm not able to post any trich pics or I would:(
My first attempt has gone better than I expected but I do love the process and am addicted to growing now lol!

Well done Guns... you have done better than my first grow (managed about 4 ozs lol)

Ok so I've harvested my ladies. I've had them in cure about two weeks now and it's smoking good. It doesn't have a very loud smell until you break it down. It smokes nice tho leaving you with a heady buzz which I was pleased with. My best plant yielded right at 3 1/2 oz's. Ive tried to use every bit of the plant so I made bho out of the trim and I've liked that. My first experience making and smoking it and it def does the job. Ive already got my eye on the next grow tho I've set a few goals on areas that could use improvement and pondering things to just over all have a better grow. I'll get some pics up soon to show it off!

Back
Top Bottom