CFL Wardrobe Grow Closet

chib

Hey everyone,

Some of you might remember me from my other thread with my double stacked rubbermaid design, Long story short I decided to scrap it and move onto something bigger and better.

Here's what I'm working with now, Thinking about getting another 4 cfls to bump the total wattage up to 276 but I won't bother until I put my rockstar into flower.

bj2b.jpg

n9j3.jpg

The strains I'm working with is BC Chemo and Rockstar, The Chemo is nearly finished as she was started in my rubbbermaid design and finished in the closet, just look at the growth since she was introduced into her new home!

Before the CFL closet and after (Chemo)
slfb.jpg

30 days later
nnmd2.jpg

Chemo from a couple days ago
xose.jpg

korc.jpg

rx45.jpg

My rockstar has been vegged under a 42 watt cfl for 2 months, I just don't have anywhere else to grow her for now so she's pretty small in comparison to how old she is, but once her sister finishes she'll be taking over the closet for the remainder of veg. Lots of LST will be applied, just not for the moment because dumb old me snapped her stem in the last attempt :S

I plan on going for at least 4-5 ounces off her when all is said and done, I will only be growing one plant at a time to hopefully increase my yield.

Pictures of Rockstar

eel4.jpg

la35.jpg

clcf.jpg

I'm using Perlite as my medium along with vermiculite (only because the store ran out of perlite) and I'm going to try to do a bit of lst and perhaps supercropping along the way, Anything to keep the canopy a desired height (may look into scrogging)

For nutrients I'm using the 3 part General Hydroponic series and my plants seems to be doing just fine.

Here's the harvest from my first plant ever grown, This is the Holy Grail Kush that had quiet a life. Amazed I ended up taking her all the way through flower. It's actually some great smoke, I love the taste :) Too bad I only ended up with 11 grams of it.

vn5d.jpg

s8tz.jpg

qh69.jpg

xs9o.jpg

That's all for now, Hopefully I get an audience this time instead of two people.
Shout out to KingJohnC and closetorganic :p

Re: CFL Wardrobe Grow Closet.

11g is better than 0 g so it is a success in my eyes - looks lovely too.

Subbed here, I like the little grows :)

x

Subbed! It is payday today maybe I will order some rockstar seed :) I heard it was from a Maple Ridge cut originally before it became rockstar I will try to find out!

Welcome everyone!

So glad to see some new faces and actual responses, makes me a happy camper :p

Here's some pictures from last night, I'll be lsting my Rockstar in 4-5 days when her stem completely heals. She was also repotted a couple days ago and has taken nicely since.

0cl1.jpg

i1l3.jpg

42ll.jpg

the wound
hbzf.jpg

Alright, Now for some of the purple dinosaur :p I'm thinking another week or of flower, the trics look 95% milky just awaiting the 20% amber then she gets the chop chop. I should add a few things about the Chemo, she was 12/12 from seed and I've been doing ice water flushes the last couple waterings, to top it off the temperatures in my room are cold during the day because I purposely leave my window open while I'm out.

Trichomes
jtl2.jpg

97ui.jpg

skj6.jpg

Couldn't stop flicking photos, she's so photogenic !

1zj8.jpg

o9bz.jpg

q76h.jpg

y1vr.jpg

hxi5.jpg

6eeq.jpg

kiax.jpg

43w5.jpg

I love growing this so called 'weed'.

Wow, you're right - that chemo is photogenic. Beautiful colors. I hope mine get some color like that. Might have to put them out in the cold garage some nights.

I really love the photo looking down on her - she has a perfect little star bud. A beauty! :high-five:

I noticed your pictures aren't uploaded to the gallery here, which 420 requires. Here is a thread explaining how to do that. I'd hate for those beautiful photos to be removed!

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Have a great day! :thumb:

Hello everyone
Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm still here!

I finally got around to modding my lighting setup and can now pull 276 watts of cfl glory when needed :)

Old
20131130_202025.jpg

New (ignore fan hanging)
20131204_203514.jpg

My Rockstar is finally coming around, I'm guessing another 2 weeks or so of veg before I put her into 12/12 as I want to get her to 2.5 ft or so when all is said and done, I have the room so I mine as well use it right? Also having a bit of yellowing on some leafs, and some weird spotting that I haven't seen before. I moved my lights a bit further away from her to see if that makes a difference but I think it may be because of the slit in her main stem that still hasn't fully healed. Maybe someone can chime in

20131202_110140.jpg

20131202_110154.jpg

20131202_110159.jpg

20131202_110203.jpg

The wound, The other side hasn't patched itself yet :( Guess i gotta lay off the lst
20131126_001216.jpg

Here's some flicks of the Chemo after drying (Got 13.4 grams)
20131129_012608.jpg

20131205_093401.jpg

20131205_093339.jpg

20131205_093211.jpg

20131205_093216.jpg

Hey everyone sorry for the lack of updates.

I put my rockstar into 12/12 on christmas eve. She's looking good other than a magnesium deficiency (I think) so I bought some calmag and a couple other goodies from the shop, now I have a basic setup ready for most situations.
20131227_111335.jpg

I also reworked my lighting and it finally looks pretty damn good, not 100% efficient but I'd say 80-85% for sure. 265 watts of cfl, temperatures around 80.
20131227_111434.jpg

20131227_111529.jpg

I think we're around day 80.
She was repotted into a 5 galon a week ago with 60% perlite and 40% vermiculite
20131227_111149.jpg

Nice Plants Chib! Rockstar is looking awesome, and Chemo just seems sticky-icky-icky.

Thanks my friend, I'm still pretty new to growing but I feel that I'm finally getting the basics down and it's getting a lot more enjoyable as the months progress.

It was fantastic smoke. I wasn't impressed with the original cut I had got the seed from and it was actually grown very well, Mine seemed to smoke a lot better and got me ripped out of my tree. Too bad I only got 10 grams of it.

My Rockstar showed sex yesterday and is in fact a female, So another the next couple months will be worth watching. I will be gunning for 2-3 ounces of smoke, If I fall short of 2 ounces I'm going to be a bit bummed out as I smoke an ounce a week.

Thanks my friend, I'm still pretty new to growing but I feel that I'm finally getting the basics down and it's getting a lot more enjoyable as the months progress.

It was fantastic smoke. I wasn't impressed with the original cut I had got the seed from and it was actually grown very well, Mine seemed to smoke a lot better and got me ripped out of my tree. Too bad I only got 10 grams of it.

So you got a sample of what home grown tastes like, your 10 grms of heaven is a glance at what homegrown Cannabis is. Compared to the street stuff, you may never want to buy again. BTW my first grow just gave me 14 grms thats nothing, I got the crazy street sh*t to smoke Oz's

My Rockstar showed sex yesterday and is in fact a female, So another the next couple months will be worth watching. I will be gunning for 2-3 ounces of smoke, If I fall short of 2 ounces I'm going to be a bit bummed out as I smoke an ounce a week.

I smoke a lot too I got my hands on a QP of Purple Kush, so cheap I smoked it all during November I was doped all month.

So you got a sample of what home grown tastes like, your 10 grms of heaven is a glance at what homegrown Cannabis is. Compared to the street stuff, you may never want to buy again. BTW my first grow just gave me 14 grms thats nothing, I got the crazy street sh*t to smoke Oz's
I smoke a lot too I got my hands on a QP of Purple Kush, so cheap I smoked it all during November I was doped all month.

Good point my friend, It wasn't the first 'homesmoke' I've ever had because I know a fellow who grows some really fine medicine.

I live in BC and the normal dealer weed is generally pretty good for the most part, it's the flush/cure that really seems to be the lacking. All to many times I grab a nice looking ounce to find it was poorly flushed and burns like shit, hate that!

Good point my friend, It wasn't the first 'homesmoke' I've ever had because I know a fellow who grows some really fine medicine.

I live in BC and the normal dealer weed is generally pretty good for the most part, it's the flush/cure that really seems to be the lacking. All to many times I grab a nice looking ounce to find it was poorly flushed and burns like shit, hate that!

BC nice man, Weed paradise I assume. Im actually considering moving to Vancouver… Heard a lot of good stuff about BC's weed, its got quite a global reputation for being good and strong. Here Quebecers just dump tons of grade A stuff to the States… you can really find good stuff in the streets, but most of the premium stuff is "imported" cause its ridiculously expensive down there…

BC has a lot of people that know what their doing but for some reason nobody knows how to flush their buds properly.

Most of the stuff on the market is kush and we see a bit of jack herer from time to time. Maybe some bigbud will come rolling around but it's generally just kush kush and more kush here in BC.

It's certainly not as great as everyone makes it out to be.

I'm a total pot snob in the fact that I want white ash and a nice clean even burn with my bong rips.

I hear ya bro

I've smoked some chemical tasting weed here… Its such a creepy euphoric high, its good for partying and shit… but when I relax at home I don't want to go paranoid bonkers I like a good sweet taste chilling high, so I can go to bed in peace. Here the number one commercial strain is the M-39 (some hate it others love it), Purple Kush is the most sold kush, quebecs famous strain Jean Guy. Most of the street dealers will praise about there weed being NUMERO 1… bullshit. thats why I started growing my own

Oh while in Toronto this summer I smoked the so called T city best seller strain Green Queen… Crazy tripping make your heart beat like a Formula 1 and burn the throat… So I Gave out some of Qc purple kush and my buddies went crazy… they were like Couch sucked stoned ass f*ck LOL

Back
Top Bottom