Dutch Dragons - Jack Herer - Scrog - 250W HPS+CFL's - Organic Batmix Grow

Hello everyone and welcome to the next instalment of Dutch's scrogs. Those of you who don't know the setup here is the lowdown.

I have already vegged the girls in a bunker under my stairs for 4 weeks with a 90 watt ufo led (actual power is about 60 watts) with 2x32 watt 6500k cfl's at a distance of 6 inches from the plants. The ufo is about 14 inches from the plants. I started them off in small black plastic pots for the seedling stage (the first week), then they were transplanted into the 3 litre plastic pots for a further 2 weeks, then when I eventually got some 4 gallon smart pots they went into these with plagron batmix and a bit of extra perlite. They have had 2 weeks in the bags now and are looking good after a touch of lst.
I flower in a homemade box that is 2 foot x 2 foot (60x60cm), that is 5 foot tall (1m60cm). Lighting consists of a 250watt hps in a cooltube and 4x32watt spiral 2700k cfl's (in the corners). The scrog screen will be set up at about 6-8 inches above the plants and I use the conventional scrog method of pushing them under the screen (lazy mans lst).
I am venting the cooltube using 2x 180cfm bathroom fans, which have done me proud, but I still dream of a nice big vent fan. A carbon flilter is inside the box with the cooltube pulling through it and venting either to my living room or in the summer to outside.
Im not using any nutes this grow, only going with a soil tea and top dressing of extra batmix later on in flower.

Lowdown on the strain.
Greenhouse Jack Herer feminized
Haze x Red Skunk
EFFECTS
Strong on body and mind, complex
and very long lasting.
Medicinally effective in pain reduction and appetite stimulation.

FLOWERING INDOOR
8 weeks, with a yield up to 800 gr/m2.
Very good for SoG and SCRoG.
AWARDS
Too numerous to mention

The girls are still vegging until I have dried the previous crop and made a few alterations to the box.
Here they are after four weeks of veg.
Jack_Herer_day_28_veg.JPG
Jack_Herer_day_28_veg_2_.JPG
Jack_Herer_day_28_veg_3_.JPG
Jack_Herer_day_28_veg_4_.JPG
Jack_Herer_day_28_veg_5_.JPG

My last grow was a complete disaster, so wish me luck and please feel free to comment and follow along.

Subbed, especially as you are growing my all time favourite medecine. One day, when I know what I am doing, I will grow the same. i had a boss once that grew it, and swore by it, and I smoked a lot of his stuff and absolutely loved it. It is my all time, top, number one from smoking all over the world - creative, buzzy, relaxed, long lasting, non paranoid, smooth tasty wonderful smoke.

Just got to work out how to grow myself, now I live in a non weed friendly country again!

xx

Hi Credito, nice to have you along. My friend grew it when I was a teenager and it is indeed some outstanding quality stuff. Hope I can get it to the end without issues to fully appreciate it once more. You have made the first step in being a successful grower by just getting on and trying. It gets easier with time as you slowly get a better setup and gain knowledge. You have found a good group of people here at 420 and that is a real pre. Even here in Holland I am an illegal hemp farmer and I will be prosecuted if caught, people seem to think that cause you can buy it in the coffee shops its all good here, but we are frowned upon as growers and prosecuted and shamed in the local newspapers. Fine to brew your own alcohol though. And drunk drivers get away with a small fine and keep their licenses so they can do it again. I grow on a shoestring, so if you ever need ideas how to make stuff for your grow room yourself or how to do stuff on the cheap you just have to ask. You really can do a good job with just stuff you got lying around the house.

That hypocricy strikes me a lot here - if I brewed my own vodka it would be seen as a societal boon - but drugs are all BAD here. It is acceptable to be drunk literally all day - people are seen as characters, but even amongst my closest friends and family I couldn't mention what is in my closet.

It wasn't actually Holland where my boss worked, it was Spain, which has a remarkably tolerant, yet at the same time weird and illegal vibe to its growing. I work many places. But Holland is one of the more confusing as far as weed goes. Lots of people talk of Netherlands as a weed mecca, but for me it is not. i think many other countries where it is more illegal is better. Sad but true.

I have taken the first steps to getting what I like, because I can't get what I want on the black market, and the legal market caters for something I don't want.

Good luck, if I am in Holland in a near future I would love to pop by and try ;)

x

Hi CA, with the 6 week veg and the touch of lst pre screen I reckon this one will be a big one:). If I don't mess it all up with my forgetfulness and clumsiness that is:).

Sub

Hey Dutch, long time creeper on 420 and your journals. They have inspired me to do a ScrOG in my 2x2x5 space as well. I plan on starting in a month or two as I'm in the process of moving out to Denver :) good luck on this grow I hope it yields well.

Sorry I'm late with the old weekly upate, busy, busy. Had the old man over from Wales for the weekend bringing the kids presents etc.. I have given the box an overhaul before getting the Jackies in to flower.
I started off by changing the passive intakes. They were a foot up the box on both sides, not ideal, so I blocked up the old holes and preceded to drill 35 3cm (about an inch and a quarter) diameter holes in the bottom of the box.
box_build_flower_day_1_001.JPG

Then, I fashioned a shelf for the smartpots to sit on, from perforated sheet steel, which I "found" at work.
box_build_flower_day_1_002.JPG

I fitted the screen.
box_build_flower_day_1_003.JPG

Then the lights, I fitted the cooltube horizontally instead of diagonally and centred the lamp better.
box_build_flower_day_1_004.JPG

Then the cooltube exhaust. I changed out the plastic duct pipes for more sturdy flexible aluminium ones, and run the exhaust pipe up the ouside of the box, hoping to reduce heat.
box_build_flower_day_1_005.JPG

Then it was time to throw some plants at it.
box_build_flower_day_1_007.JPG

And lastly the street lamp came on and blinded me:).
box_build_flower_day_1_008.JPG
I also installed 4x32 watt cfl's to add an extra 10,000 lumens at a later stage, which I intend to fit with reflectors when I've got time.
Lets hope that my "improvements" are actually that. I'm quite hopeful and more than a little bit proud of myself:).
So tonight will be 14 hours of light, Wednesday night will be 13 hours of light and Saturday night will be 12/12, starting 12/12 counting from Saturday. The reasoning behind this diminishing light hours week is to give the girls time to settle in and get comfortable in the screen before they stretch.

Back
Top Bottom