Mcloadie's Fourth Grow Journal

Well, I gess I'm going to do this, I'm still nervous as hell after getting ripped off, there are so many implications. It looks as though it was a kid that did it...thank God my dog wasn't out when it happened.....I would give the whole thing up just to have my dog let the person get away....I have a nasty dog. So, I will say that even with the ripoff, and me chopping two immature plants down as I was contemplating running when I got burned, I got a nice harvest of the purple kush.....my best ever.....it looks like an easy pound...all rock solid except for the popcorn. Anyhoo, what's going on currently are; 6 bubba og kush, and six gsc. I'm gonna say that they are ten days old today. That's all good, but it gets better, we all get to laugh while I document the setup, and transition from soil to a topfeed hydro. I've NEVER done hydro, and not only will I be setting it up, but I will finish a crop during the process, start another veg hydro rig in another room, and start the clones for the next run in it. I'm using black gold soil for my current run, a mixture of r/o and tap water. I'll use the dr earth organic nutes again....they work great! My new room is like 7 and a half feet wide by ten feet long, I'm running two 600 watt hps, air cooled, sealed room, temp. co2 from yeast production. I'll show it all soon and you can ask all the questions you want....I may have more questions than you guys do....LOL:welcome:

Re: Mcloadies fourth grow journal

Good Luck with the Hydro, Mc :ciao:

Nice to see a new Grow Journal from you :thumb:

Thanks rico, well, first update; these cuts don't look absolutely lovely to me.....the gsc is the best looking by far, but the bubba ogs were taken when they were barely even ready....from the mother that is. I have confidence that everything will come around. I'm vegging under 1200 watts of hps light, the light is probably around 30-32 inches away. They're on an 18/6 schedule, and they came from under he induction light which was running 24 on. I will kick the light back to 16/8 soon, just slowly. BTW, my lights are dimmable, but I'm running them at full power in hopes that I don't have to adjust the light height for a while. I just prepared a solution of 1 and 1/2 gallons r/o water, 1 teaspoon of dr earth golden bloom, and it's bubbling as we speak. I'll check these plants periodically today and I figure they'll be ready for water this afternoon or in the morning. Also in the mix is 3/4 tbsp. Epsom salt. It's gonna take a minute to get these cuts rolling hard, my biggest concern right now is having a veg space ready when these plants are ready to be cloned, and I will run the same numbers and genos for the first hydro run. All the clones have been topped except for one bubba og, which was the smallest of the cuts taken initially. My room is running at around 72-75 degrees and I'm getting a new cool mist humidifier today as the Rh here is at 16%. I still need to figure out how to put this link on my sig when someone gets a minute....welcome to my journal.

Oh Yeah! My main man Mack back on the Instructor's black board ready to learn us ignorant juvies sumphen. This is a class I wont be cutting... Super Subbed

Just a shot of the station...LOL; heater, humidifier, bubbling water/nutes...fan.
0051358.JPG
Struggling to get the humidity up, raised the temps a little to see if it helps. One thing I've noticed is that it takes a while to get humidity up when I first introduce the humidifier to a new, dry environment...
0041433.JPG
Bubba OG kush...look familiar anyone?
0031521.JPG
Next in line is the gsc...LOL, it may look familiar too!
0021579.JPG
The entire stage and cast. Notice the door as a stand...LOL, it has two holes cut in it to accomadate the plumbing for the drain to the trays and also the feed......I like to repurpose things, I was going to make one out of lumber but this setup suits my needs fine. Once the trays are in place you will only see 4" of door at each end, the res will stick out around 8" past the trays.....underneath the door that is.
0011586.JPG

haha, see those paper sacks under the door? My last haul.......I dry it til I think it will be too dry before I can get to it again, then put it in paper bags to finish slowly. It gets moved around several times a day and this also gives the buds a nice shape. BTW, I replaced the old borrowed light on the right with a brand new one....the old one was flickering and I wanted to give it back to its' owner. Those are some homemade co2 generators on top of the lights, I have the stuff for big boy co2, I just have to get it rigged.

Thanks for everyones positive comments and welcome to my journal.....and to my home in a big way. This is a very personal space as you all know how it is. I really enjoy sharing with everyone here at 420. Please make any suggestions or comments you like...we're here to learn. This is my first complete run under the 1200 watts, I never vegd under hps, but I've heard it works well...we will see. I am so excited to get the hydro rig built...it's fun, and I have had an intimate example and mentor in this endeavor. Ya know, when a grower takes me to his spot.....the place that makes his life happen financially.....his work......I feel very grateful and privileged. You lnow who you are so I just want to say thanks!

Welcome everyone and thanks for the link john!:thanks:Gettin ready to do my morning vape hits after careful examination of the box, adjustments of critical factors....LOL..........!!! I watered today with the previously mentioned concoction. I'll note it again; I used all r/o water, and by the time I got it adjusted where I wanted it at like 530 ppm there was 2 1/2 gallons of water. I also added around 3/4 tbsp. of Epsom salts as the bubba og has a little purpling going on in the stems and leaves. They each got 1 1/2 cups and most of them drained a tablespoon or so. This mornings' examination also revealed roots coming out of the drain holes of the one gallon pots they were dumped into around 3-4 days ago. The bubba og are still struggling to "hook up real good" in the 1 gallon pots. Again, these cuts were taken hastily as I showed up at the donor facility early and without very much notice.....Love Ya bro!~~~~ BTW the other dissolved solid in todays watering was dr earth golden bloom. I am really loving all the dr earth products, they are proving to be exactly what milo described them to be. I really appreciate honesty in advertising.......not very common in todays world. These plants will get a regimen of dr earth liquid concentrate and as I mentioned.......golden bloom. Examination of the previous run showed hat the plants had well developed root systems and were not bound but were circling nicely....however.....I would have liked them to be just a little more crowded. When roots start to get crowded in containers it will cause the cannabis to force growth as I believe it is a sort of survival mechanism....like; "conditions are turning toward less than ideal and I need to focus on reproduction". I love reproduction! Now, another note; I got some hermie action on the last run, 2 of the harvested plants have seeds on the lower buds. These seeds are immature and just at the point where they would start to mature...I mean like darken. You can tell when the vape hits take effect, I'm able to focus and concentrate on details that may be sight......or even insignificant, but this is a journal.....and what you see is what I get!

Hi mcloadie.

I'd love to follow along as well if you don't mind. Completely understand and agree with your comment regarding a grower sharing their personal space with another. It is in fact a privilege and honor when growers such as yourself journal their grows so that we may all learn and enjoy the journey along with you.

Be well and happy growing!

Hi mcloadie.

I'd love to follow along as well if you don't mind. Completely understand and agree with your comment regarding a grower sharing their personal space with another. It is in fact a privilege and honor when growers such as yourself journal their grows so that we may all learn and enjoy the journey along with you.

Be well and happy growing!

Welcome tanR....we'll see what happens!

Back
Top Bottom