Geordie: The Start Of My Journey :)

Geordie

Hey :420:

First off i would like to thank Yuyo, Cronichemphog and TanR for there support in getting me thus far.... :thanks:

Here is the start of my journey into becoming a brand new grower, and learning everything there is to know from this "information overloaded" community. A few of you i have met, i hope there will be many more i'm sure there will be :thumb:

I'm starting this Journal on.....

DAY 3:

So up to now, i have got 5 White Widow feminized seeds germinating in a CD cover with damp kitchen paper. I started off with them just sitting in the dark in my wardrobe thinking it would be fairly warm due to the warmth of my bedroom, however due to the info i received from the community i have now moved them into my propagator/heated dome as some refer to.

I have had them in the heated dome for almost 48 hours now, and there are starting to show signs of life as pictured

5eedce767f5f35d7aa1fe05a58cd22c3.jpg

Please keep all your fingers and toes crossed for me, knowing my luck these little seeds will be Tomatoes =)

Re: Geordie: The Start Of My Journey : )

Just to bring this up to date.....

Heres a few images i have just took.... Been busy moving stuff about all day but i have finally got my cupboard ready to go

230f0924eb0c45b6bee0a67e1b351c7a.jpg

edbeb6d742201bf4501f4c67ef7c6781.jpg

aeb460cac23c668aa35298825ca3b523.jpg

I dont have the light on at the moment, was thinking of maybe turning it on at about 6am then off at 12 midnight and repeat the cycle. Just until i get a timer atleast =)

Re: Geordie: The Start Of My Journey : )

Very cool Geordie!

Would love to follow along with your grow! It's such a privilege when others share their grow with the rest of us. Thanks for doing so! +Reps

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the Subbs, sorry i havent posted in a few days.... Been busy with other things.

So i'm on day 7 of my grow and in the images you see below are my 4 ladies starting to sprout. I have had my plants under a 18/6 cycle for about 4 or5 days now and this is where i have seen them shoot up. Here is a few images

IMG_132113.JPG
IMG_132213.JPG
IMG_132316.JPG
IMG_132412.JPG

I have them in my heated dome with about 1cm of water/nutrients solution and they are locked away in my cupboard. To me they look healthy what do you guys think? Is there a concern with the tall ones leaves curled over?

Hi Geordie.

Completely understand life getting in the way of updates. Sprouts all look good so far.
I confess that I haven't used rock wool so perhaps I am wrong, but I'm concerned whether they should be in standing water. I think the idea is to keep the cubes moist and the environment humid but again I may simply lack the experience with rock wool.

I wouldn't worry about the tall ones leaves drooping. The first true leaves (serrated edges) as opposed to the cotyledons (rounded edges) appear to be in fine shape and the cotyledons will drop off over the next several weeks.

Looking good and happy that you had such a high success rate in germinating them!

Hi TanR,

Yea your right i shouldnt have added the 1cm water for some reason i though i seen it on a video i watched about hydroponics systems and cloning so i have removed the water and will continue to mist every day. Happy to hear that the cotyledons are supposed to curl and drop off, i though maybe my light was to close ;)

As for germinating i'm chuffed to only lose the one seed, still four healthy ladies there fingers crossed they are all successful

Hi Geordie, your seedlings are looking good so far, and good move taking out the extra water. They most likely wouldn't have made it if you left them in the water like that. The rockwool cubes should be wet but not soaked. I have a White Widow growing, she's 4 weeks into flower and starting to put out some buds. ;)

IMG_001659.JPG

Good luck with your grow, I'm subbed.

yep agree with both of them and your video not good to leave the rockwool soaked
damp is fine wets no good for the roots unless they are in hydro in which case they get oxygen from the air that's feed into the system
roots need o2 and will drown
good thing you watched that video
don't forget to vote in this months contests
last one of the year
lets have a big turnout :thumb:

Hi Geordie, your seedlings are looking good so far, and good move taking out the extra water. They most likely wouldn't have made it if you left them in the water like that. The rockwool cubes should be wet but not soaked. I have a White Widow growing, she's 4 weeks into flower and starting to put out some buds. ;)

IMG_001659.JPG

Good luck with your grow, I'm subbed.

Looking Awesome mate, thanks for that. So this is what i'm aiming for my plant to look like ;)

yep agree with both of them and your video not good to leave the rockwool soaked
damp is fine wets no good for the roots unless they are in hydro in which case they get oxygen from the air that's feed into the system
roots need o2 and will drown
good thing you watched that video
don't forget to vote in this months contests
last one of the year
lets have a big turnout :thumb:

Thanks buddy, so when i build my hydro it will be wise to get air pumps to put in the reservoir?

Hey Guys,

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.

Over the holidays i have ordered some Wilma Big Pot hydroponics kits and i've got some hopefully nice photos here for you to enjoy and as always a few questions ; )

Here is my Cupboard that ive been working on these holidays

IMG_133015.JPG

This looks like my Healthiest little babe

IMG_134422.JPG
IMG_133922.JPG

The following is the tallest and she looks fairly healthy, little worried about the discolored leaves

IMG_134319.JPG
IMG_133718.JPG

Not to sure if this one is ok? You will notice a Leave missing, i touched it and it fell off ;'(

IMG_134215.JPG

IMG_134116.JPG

And my last one to pop, i think she's gone not sure why

IMG_134517.JPG
IMG_134016.JPG

Plants will be 4weeks from seed, on sunday. Do they look about right?

the rockwool looks really wet you running a drip system? my thoughts is if its not dwc with air you need to let that rockwool dry out between waterings especially right now at the stage your plants is at it actually looks as if one of them has water rot on it like its not getting enough oxygen roots need oxygen, check my journal the hgk and the nycd in dwc is almost done 3rd week of veg so lets say the seed popped about a month ago give or take a few days hydro be it drip, dwc, ebb and flow, aero or nft should all have pretty drastic growth rates compared to soil.
let the thing dry out before you water it if its on a drip id look for other guys journals with the same type of setup
but looking at the rockwool its really wet and I can be honest and say once I had my seedling or plant in rockwool into the dwc it was just touching the water because it would wick up but there was always an airstone or two running in my bucket oxygenating the water
but it never goes into the buckets until I see the tap root sticking out of the rockwool/plug
ive switched to rooting plugs they work better and easier to work with some people still stick their plugs in phed water
but I don't I just wet them with plain tap rooting plugs are made of old plant material thus shouldn't need to be phed like rockwool which needs to be in water phed at 5.5 overnight before use
I just got a couple of seedling started and will start posting pics of it in my journal
but yea if your using drip find some journals on drip or let me know if you cant ill go look around too

Happy Freeweed day Geordie :thumb:

Hey Cronic,

Yes this is a dripper system i have running, its the "Wilma Big 4 Pot System" i have had it running constantly for 3 days so that will explain why the rockwool is wet. I have just turned the pump off and i will let the rockwool dry out before i put it back on, i think i have really messed up here with this grow hopefully my next attempt will be better.

I have just looked at all the rockwool and only 1 plant has the root sticking out and im almost on my 4th week. The rest have sort of curled up and look like knots, oops!!! I'm going to make a few adjustments now, do you think its maybe wise to move them into dryer cubes?

Regards,
Geordie

id say just let em go for now
let it dry a bit before you turn the drip back on

Hey guys,

Well I'm almost on to the 5th week from seed and nothing much has changed since my last update. Plants are still really really small.

The pictures iv seen of plants at 2 weeks old are further on from mine, think I might have to start over from seed again. I will upload some pictures tomorrow see what you all think, but to me this seems to slow for normal white widows I've seen at this stage

Back
Top Bottom