Sst's Fantastic Smorgasbord With LED Loveliness!

sst4life

I want to start of by saying that this forum has a lot of knowledge and have been reading and reading and soaking things up. So I decided that I am going to do my first indoor. have grown outdoors successfully but now that I have my prescription I am eligible to legally grow plants so that is what I am going to do.

So I figure we can grow together laugh and cry and pass the vape around a little bit. Stand back because it is going to be a fun journey into the unknown. I primarily call it the unknown because the grower I got my seeds off of his cat knocked over his seed cabinet and about 1/2 of what he had got mixed up. So I could potentially have Northern, Blue Cheese, OG, Sour, Lemon, or LSD.... so its going to be interesting.

What Strain am I growing: 10 unknown non bag seeds

Feminized or Regular: Regular seeds

Indica, Sativa, Hybrid: I guess i am going to have to wait and see

Names: 1,2,3.... etc

Veg Stage or Flower: First three sprouts today so Day 1 of veg

Inside or Outside: This grow will be inside

Soil or Hydro: I am going with soil Fox Farms Ocean Forest: I hear that they might nute burn but we will see. i am using a 70% soil to 30% verm

The size of the pots: 16oz red solo cups but am going to upgrade to areo pots

Lighting: Right now I am using a 12000 lumen 4 bulb T5 grow lamp for veg in my box.My box is 48in x 26in x 48in but I am going to be using a 4.5 x 4.5 x 6.5 tent for veg with a 600 watt Lumatek HPS with 4 T5 single lamps for the corners.

Aircooled: Running two 120 mm comp fans and a 5 inch oscillating fan for the time being. When move into tent I will be using a tower fan

Temp: I am currently running with a temp between 73 F and 76 F with around 38% humidity

RH: havent checked yet

PH: getting a digital PH meter this weekend.

Pests: Nope just cats

Watering: Will water when needed depending on the weight of the pots.

Nutes: Will be utilizing Fox Farms nutes for this grow.

Alright I have very minimal questions so here they go . Ph meter looking for a good dependable one but one that isnt going to break the bank. Also has anyone used the Lumatek Digital HPS looking for a little insite on that.

Well I planted 10 seeds of various cannabis strains from a medical grower that I know. Its a funny story the guy I got my seeds from he keeps them in Tupperware containers and when he was planting his garden he put the containers on a shelf. Well his cat jumped up and knocked the containers over and seeds went everywhere. So he decided that he wasn't going to grow them and gave a bunch of them to friends (what a good friend) So I got 50 various I have no clue what the hell they can be seeds but he thinks the strains are as follows Northern, Blue Cheese, OG, Sour, Lemon, or LSD there is also a couple others. It is going to be fun trying to distinguish and identifying these plants ..... not only is it a grow it is a game !!!

So ten seeds planted on the December the 6th and got my first sprouts today. I will try to update every 3 to 4 days with pictures. Dont want to make it to boring because i know how everyone one loves seeing sprout pictures over and over so I will save you the grief and only post three of them.....lol
thetent_zpsed523f0b.jpg

Been maintaining temps pretty well also a a little learning period in the tent though.
temp_zps89d15610.jpg

This one is hiding

sickly_zpsc64be033.jpg
unnamed2_zpsea2ee084.jpg
wilting_zpsb3a3a108.jpg
unnamed_zpsf4f36cc2.jpg

As you can see in the pics the leaves are wilting. I have narrowed it down using the trusty cannabis leaf guide and I have either under watered (cant be over water first time feeding today since last Thursday), Nitrogen deficiency or the PH my feeding water was running high with PH so I lowered it and checked the run off and it is a 6.3 now. So hopefully that does the trick.

If anybody has any comments, questions or concern please notify the nearest flight attendant....

:peace:

A little update today I lost one plant and going to lose another just week seedlings. I have 8 healthy seedlings which I am happy about. They are getting their first taste of darkness tonight. If there is any obvious real growth ill post some pictures tomorrow. Don't want to bore people with seedling pics......

Peace

subbed
put a link to your journal in your signature so people can join just by seeing your posts in other peoples journals

It is like a lucky dip! I like that. Sometimes in the summer we go into the bottom of the garden with handfuls of vegetable seeds and throw them everywhere to play a similar game and see how nature sorts it all out :)

Welcome, and good luck with random weed growing.

xx

WOW regular Solo cups huh? since I want to start at least 3 plants maybe that's the way I need to start (like you I have a lot of seeds of unknown origin as far as strain)- one question; what is "verm" (newbie)?

WOW regular Solo cups huh? since I want to start at least 3 plants maybe that's the way I need to start (like you I have a lot of seeds of unknown origin as far as strain)- one question; what is "verm" (newbie)?

I believe he is talking about vermiculite

Thanks looking forward to sharing this smorgasbord. Thanks to all that subbed to this grow. I have experience out side but not inside so might ask a few questions. Not much to update the seedlings are growing pretty good. Pulled two of them that weren't going to make it. I possibly could've rehabbed one of them but only plan on keeping six with hopes of at least two or three females so it wasn't a difficult decision.
CAM00047_zpsd2e5fe21.jpg
CAM00050-1_zpsa169fb80.jpg
G]

to your profile or to your sig?
if you hit user cp towards the top of the page on your users cp page left side theres a small menu editing your sig and other stuff
Happy Skunkday SST :thumb:

Alright going to transfer my babies to the tent tomorrow to complete the veg stage. Im not sure what I should do at the moment. I was looking at getting a 400 or a 600 dimmable HPS/MH light but not sure. I see everyone saying to go with those but I am stuck if I should go that route or maybe a 40,000 lumen T5 ..... please advise before I drop a pretty dime. I will post pictures tomorrow of the set up. Also the babies are looking beautiful !!!!

think about what you need and want out of the light
is cost an issue?
is heat an issue? if it isn't an issue in the winter what about in the summer?
how often would you want to replace bulbs?

if cost, heat, or electricity usage or replacing a bulb every year isn't an issue then go with the hps/mh
if cost, isn't an issue but you want to keep temps down, keep electric costs down, not have to replace bulbs every year try an led
if cost is an issue go with the t-5 flouro tubes

Its has been a journey so far just reading and reading and reading ....... did I say reading .... yeah I think I did. Well to start off it is now the 23rd and I my seedlings sprouted anywhere from 11 days ago to 9 days ago. They are currently strong except for a couple of them they are doing some wilting but I have narrowed it down and will have pictures later in this thread.
I replanted my babies into to bigger pots and they had some nice strong white roots which gave me a woody. I also moved them from the veg box to the tent and since I did that they have exploded. They love the LED lights. I am currently running a 12000 Lumen t5 and a 240 wt 7 band LED, I am also expecting a 7 band 180 watt UFO any time also then the babies will have plenty of light.
I have also noticed that looking at the plants it appears that I may three strains going on even though it may be a little to tell. Well onto the pictures.
Here is the tent with the 240 watt LED and the 12000 Lumen light
thetent_zpsed523f0b.jpg

Been maintaining temps pretty well also a a little learning period in the tent thoug.
temp_zps89d15610.jpg

unnamed_zpsf4f36cc2.jpg

sickly_zpsc64be033.jpg

wilting_zpsb3a3a108.jpg

unnamed2_zpsea2ee084.jpg

As you can see in the pics the leaves are wilting. I have narrowed it down using the trusty cannabis leaf guide and I have either under watered (cant be over water first time feeding today since last Thursday), Nitrogen deficiency or the PH my feeding water was running high with PH so I lowered it and checked the run off and it is a 6.3 now. So hopefully that does the trick.

If anybody has any comments, questions or concern please notify the nearest flight attendant....

Peace:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom