Timewreck - Grown In Hydro With LED & A ScrOG

ajagunle

Timewreck
Seeds from TGA, a cross of Blood Wreck and Vortex
Sativa 70% Indica 30%
Full range of VitaLink nutrients
180w very cheap Chinese LEDs
CO2 generator
Screen is 4” above the Grodan cubes and a 2“ square grid.

Train Wreck x Vortex

The combination of a rare cutting of Trainwreck with our Cannabis Cup winning Sativa Vortex has produced a hybrid of great potentcy. Strong flavors of Trainwreck are enhanced with the sour funky smell of Vortex. Not for Occasional smokers, this hard hitting strain was created for those with high tolerance.

Phenotypes: Equal mix of both parents has been passed along
Height: Tall with a medium stretch at onset of 12/12
Yield: Medium producer
Indoor, Outdoor and Greenhouse
Best way to grow: Topped early and trained into at least 4 growing tops
Harvest: 60-70 days
Sat/Ind: 70/30
Hybrid: Blood Wreck x Vortex
High Type: Strong, intense and very powerful psychoactive properties
Taste: Lemon, lime, sandalwood, pear, or kiwi with an undertone of sour fruit

Having only grown Feminised seeds up until now it is quite a big step in my world to start regulars. I remember reading a couple of years ago that the really good herb was only available from Regulars so here we go.

I started 2 seeds in a tuperware box between folded sheets of damp kitchen roll, put on the TV box for 48hrs and they both had a 1” tap root, I then put in potting compost root down. Both are now developing their first true leaves.

Timewreck.jpg

They are in a Mylar lined box with a computer fan drawing air out, theoretically drawing cold air out of the room, over the bulbs to get some warmth and then over the seedlings and out, back into the room. Light is provided by 2 30w Blue CFLs.

The timer is set to 12/12, from what I have read on b. real’s journal I can expect to See Signs of sex after only 3 or so weeks when I will decide on the next step. Starting 2 seeds gives me a 75% chance of getting at least 1 female. They will ultimately veg and flower with LEDs and in my NFT tank which is occupied for the next 8 weeks. I have always used3” Grodan cubes so if the roots get too big before the room is ready it will be an adventure in cloning, a short adventure hopefully, it will also be cloning if I only get 1 female.

:thumb:

Re: Timewreck, grown in hydro with LED and a ScrOG

Day 8 of veg. Second set of true leaves are developing and they are still nice and compact, I will top-up the pots with potting compost and bury some exposed stem. They are getting 40ml of plain water every 2 and 1/2 days.

Timewreck_17_12_13_a1.jpg

New Definitions of old words, you may have to say them aloud for the new definition to make sense

Forecast - To have cutlery protruding from posterior

The seedlings are now on day 24 since breaking ground, the first proper leaves of both are yellowing which I am interpreting as a sign that nutes are required. They have been on 12/12 throughout and I am hoping that you might agree with me that tey bare both looking female. At the very top of each plant there are ‘green hairs’ that could be the first signs of pistils?

TW_4_1_14_b.jpg

TW_4_1_14_a.jpg

I shall leave them on 12/12 until I get some feedback or they show their sex more definitely.

They are destined for my grow room, to be planted in 4” Grodan cubes and put on an NFT shelf which is currently occupied, so when I have 2 definite Females I will trim any yellowing leaves, replant in the same size pots with fresh potting compost, but more of it as I will fill the pots, change the lighting schedule to GLR.

Looking good AJ, can you get a macro shot of the top, its kinda hard to see with these pics.And your right on the yellowing, looks like the whole plant is starting to fade a bit, they're hungry bro:)

Looking good AJ, can you get a macro shot of the top, its kinda hard to see with these pics.And your right on the yellowing, looks like the whole plant is starting to fade a bit, they're hungry bro:)

Thanks Doc, I shall take the photos tomorrow and feed the Girls!:thumb:

Apologies for my extended absence, due to an unfortunate incident involving an Elbow and the LCD screen of my laptop I have been unable to access the Internet at all, until today!

The two Timewreck young Ladies are now 35 days from seed and 16 days of GLR re-veging, stretch has not entirely stopped and I have started LST to restrict their height. On the NFT shelf the pot height will be absorbed by the Grodan cube and the screen will be raised to 6" above the NFT shelf, the top of the tape measure. I have removed the lowest 3 sets of leaves due to yellowing and continued to use veg nutes at half the recommended dosage, due to the expense of our annual pagan rituals I am still using hydro-nutes but new growth is darkish green and healthy.

TW1_Height_side_1a_22_01_14.jpg

The Girls must be going through the same biological process as a re-veging plant or a flowering clone and I am hoping to photograph the process they go through and how the 'monster-cropping' process appears to work. If you imagine a bud late in flowering it is a collection of seeds sacks full of gooey goodliness all attached to the mother plant, not dissimilar to a bunch of grapes.

Bud_stem_22_01_14_b.jpg

When the plant first starts to show signs of flowering the growing tip stretches and develops bud sites and at each one the grow-tip develops multiple stems to hold the seed sacks, when the plant is reverted to vegging each one of these multiple stems could develop into a growing tip and given time a new branch or stem?

This may be well known and understood already but an overly medicated afternoon made it seem so obvious to me for the first time, or am I imagining things?

Very curious how the Pistils are slowly absorbed by the plants.

TW1_3Tips_22_01_14_b.jpg

As these girls were on 12/12 from seed and put on GLR after only 26 days I am not expecting that many extra branches, the bud site had only just started to develop pistils when it was rudely changed to veg lighting! The main stem now has at least 3 definite grow tips, the left-most ring may have 2 in it.

TW1_3Tips_22_01_14_rings.jpg

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom