Ms Colby Haze & J Genetics Journal #1 - Soil/Soilless - Sugar Black Rose - Indica

MsColbyHaze

Thank you readers!!! Please leave comments I enjoy reading them! We have 2 strains going at the moment, Sugar Black Rose & Killer Skunkberry, but I will try my best to keep them separately documented. This Journal is dedicated to Sugar Black Rose! More pictures to come - let me know what you think & be sure to keep posting here -Ms. Colby Haze

mscolbyhaze.jpg

Strain: Sugar Black Rose (Indica)
Lineage: Black Domina X Critical Plus
Indoor: 9 - 10 weeks
Flavor: Sweet Licorice
High: Heavy body high with a euphoric, relaxing head high
THC/CBD Content: TBD after harvest/testing.

DSC031932.JPG

Sugar Black Rose - Transplants from Clones

DSC032163.JPG

Sugar Black Rose - Recently Transplanted from 1 Gallon Pots to 3 Gallon

DSC032252.JPG

SBR 3 Gallon (Left Side) KSB 1 Gallon (Right)

THE GROW... VEG
Tent: 4x8ft
Pot size: 1 - 3 Gallon depending on plant size
Lighting: 80,000 Lumens+ (8 4ft T5s, 4 4ft T5s, & 1000w ballast mhl)
Air: 8" Maxfan + clip ons
Temperature: A fair 82 to 86'F
PH: Fair 6
Pests: None
Watering: Determined by dryness of soil & how the fan leaves are postured. Every other feeding!
Nutrients: Frankenstein of purchased & self made nutes.

This is my FIRST Grow Journal, so PLEASE comment, ask questions, I'm here to help! Whatever it is SAY IT!!! :thanks:

re: Ms Colby Haze & J Genetics Journal #1 - Soil/Soilless - Sugar Black Rose - Indica

Welcome to the forum Colby, I know you will find it as welcoming and involving as I do. I'll be following along with your progress. There is just something about big indoor grows that intrigues me. That feeling of being able to always learn something new!

Any way good luck, and best of buds to you ;)

EDIT: I forgot to include a few questions

1.What lines of nutrients are you using?

2.Are you going with a straight Sea of Green, or are you planning on training with a trellis?

3....and GODDAMMIT, I need to get myself setup in WA or CO...piece of mind seems to be my greatest goal in growing nowadays :laughtwo:

re: Ms Colby Haze & J Genetics Journal #1 - Soil/Soilless - Sugar Black Rose - Indica

Thank you readers!!! Please leave comments I enjoy reading them! We have 2 strains going at the moment, Sugar Black Rose & Killer Skunkberry, but I will try my best to keep them separately documented. This Journal is dedicated to Sugar Black Rose! More pictures to come - let me know what you think & be sure to keep posting here -Ms. Colby Haze

This is my FIRST Grow Journal, so PLEASE comment, ask questions, I'm here to help! Whatever it is SAY IT!!! :thanks:

Hi MscolbyHaze! and :welcome: ! Those plants look great! So many of them! They look very healthy and you have a nice clean and organized grow going on. Love it.:love:
I just love saying Welcome to another lady grower on the site. I'll be following you along and subbed to your journal.
Looking forward to seeing your progress for sure.
:thumb:

Welcome welcome glad to have you here. That grow looks awesome, I have to ask are you a new grower cause it defiantly doesn't seem like it at all. I've been very interested to see this strain I'm pulling a chair and will be Subbed. Any and all advice I can offer just feel free to ask.

sbr3g.jpg

Sugar Black Rose is definitely a good strain to use Sea of Green, We've tried using a trellis on this girl before but she's an Indica that really likes to grow like a Sativa (very long branches & likes to get very tall) and HATES to be topped!!! She won't produce nearly as much if you top her & you're best off leaving her alone... Because of this it's a lot easier to let her only get a few nodes to her in veg before sending her into flower & SoG, I took these pics over the weekend before they go into flower!!!

sbr3g3.jpg

Still in veg soaking up some light!!!

sbr3g2.jpg

Nutrients are a frankenstein, but the basics are the Botanicare line CNS17, additives are from General Hydroponics, & a wonderful homemade tea brew. If you're looking for good nutrients to start off you want to have a well balanced feeding lineup, I recommend looking into the Botanicare's full nutrient line (they have some great stuff) but in reality the options are endless! Check out these pics & be sure to leave your comments!!! :thanks:

Ending a long day at work so I'm just posting some pics from January 2nd and their first day in Flower!!!
sbrf1.jpg

Finally tall enough! Yippey!!
sbrf2.jpg

2000watts a pumpin' (380,000 lumens there about)
sbrf4.jpg

Early node sights!! I love this pic for some reason
sbrf3.jpg

Eagle eye view from the top

Thanks again & Please be sure to leave your comments, questions & what's on your mind! :thanks:

Sorry for the lag between posts, I sincerely meant to post before now, I lost my camera charger last week & I've finally found it SO without further ado, here's where we are since yesterday =)

She's about 37 Days into budding now and starting to develop some trichromes, we've trimmed her back extensively since the last post and had a bit of a cal/mag deficiency earlier on so you'll see some yellowing in the leaves but they didn't stress and the buds are looking fantastic! Thy're beginning to smell of a mixture of fruit loops cereal and a creamy fruit yogurt. You'll see some peach pistols starting to pop through as well. PH has been set at 5.5 and foliars have been 6.2 and we've just been leaving our window cracked at night so it's been paying off with more purples popping up in her since.

sbr1.jpg

Sea of Green turned Sea of Monsters (they're a little bigger than most people would do SOG but they still don't need a trellis)

sbr2.jpg

Trichromes starting to show!

sbr3.jpg

Om nom nom nom!!! I wish this picture was scratch & sniff

sbr4.jpg

Kolas are the size of a small red bull can now

Please be sure to leaves comments, questions, and LIKE or SUBSCRIBE for all my updates! Thank You :circle-of-love:

I've been debating to make a second journal for the KILLER SKUNKBERRY MOTHER flowering right now, but I really don't have that many pictures of it so here are some miscellaneous pics from the mysterious right side of the tent... Yea that's right, this ONE mommy takes up the same room as ALL of the Sugar Black Rose plants combined. She's a beauty & I'm very excited to show her off even though I know it's hard to estimate size without seeing it in person, but believe me SHES A BEAST! (She's the same age as the SBR ~ 37 Days)

ksb1.jpg

Got her from a dispensary that sell very reputable clones from Denver

ksb2.jpg

Getting Bigger! Let's fast forward a few months shall we?

ksb6.jpg

SCROG (Screen of Green a.k.a a trellis is involved holding her up)

ksb5.jpg

PVC Piping and Planter's Wire with a touch of electrical tape is a nice home-made trellis.

ksb4.jpg

15 Gallon Pot, under the skirt shot

ksb3.jpg

Yes those are chopsticks (haha) she got a little top heavy before we put her under the trellis so that's left over from when she was still vegging but there's no point to remove them now.

Sorry once again for the delay, good news I was promoted to ASM at my job *cheers* and I've been training two new employees, busy bee... Buuut at home, the Sugar Black Rose has finally come down (as well as the Killer Skunkberry) AMAZING!!!! Here's a pic of the SBR drying & I hope to have some macro pics soon but this will be switching over to completed journals...

DSC036406.JPG

LOOKOUT!! New journal already up with some great new strains!!! CHECK OUT MY NEW JOURNAL HERE!!!

Please leave your comments, questions & anything else you'd like to say!!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom