Papasmoke DWC - 5x - 400W Top LED Grow - THC Bomb & Heavyweight Fast & Vast

Papasmoke1127

Will begin my 4x4 attic grow at the end of January. Looking to use 4x4 tent and 990 watt led mars 2, maybe 4 T5s in the corners of the tent to help supplement spectrum. Have seen good things about the mars2 light on BigIrishDoodes grow journal and Icemuds grow journal. I still deciding on soil or the possibility of hydro grow. I intend to battle the frigid outdoor temps by using a heater with a digital thermometer for auto shutoff. I live in a very 420 friendly neighborhood but I will still be using a carbon scrubber with in line fan for smell. Still have some deciding to do on exactly what to use and how to go about it so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

re: Papasmoke DWC-- 5x- 400w TOPLED Grow THC Bomb & Heavyweight Fast & Vast

i have experience with attic the main thing is temps are VERY hard to control your best option would be a sealed grow and insulation is brilliant it keeps hot and cold out

the other thing you want to watch is for light leeks through gaps in your roof and if your venting out your chimney watch that for light

Happy growing :welcome:

I'm using a tent in the attic. Decided on a 5x5x6.5 tent

How could I use insulation to regulate temps?

I intend to pull air thru a duct in a closet cut in the ceiling and then pump the cleaned air into another closet ceiling

hey i would use insulated ducting and cover the tent with insulation, that way the inside of your tent will have a much more controllable environment, if your attic gets to hot the inside of your tent should stay cool and visa versa as long as your air intake is a sutable temprature

my last grow i had a long battle with heat there was a heat wave here and my air intake was at 25-30C and the attic was 35-45 could hardly get my grow tents temp lower than 30, it was usualy 35 my end harvest suffered alot as a result, i was using two 600w hids tho some leds would have been helpfull there haha

Would that cave the tent? That's actually a good idea I may look into that. I'm pulling the air from my house climate controlled at 71degrees year round.

Damn....Looks like I'm gonna be right at 2000 total investment to get this baby up and rolling..... Hopefully I can recoup my initial investment after first harvest

woah you must be going all out :thumb:
i fiound that the more you put in the more you tend to get out .
some sort of a ridged frame should support the insulation i built my last tent using the attic rafters as support and mylar ass the tent itself
i used alot of duck tape to reinforce the tent, my biggest problem was at the end the plants were so big i could hardly get in the tent :laughtwo:

if your pulling air from inside the humidity tends to be lower, you may want to increase it slightly 50-60 is good for veg and 40-50 is good for flower ive herd the lower you get your humidity during flower the more resinus your buds should be :peace:

I bought 5 - 400w Led mars2 from topled.....6 - 5gal bucket DWC system. ....VenTech IF6CF620 6" Inline Duct Fan 440 CFM w/ Virgin Charcoal Carbon Filter Combo-......5x5x6.5 ft tent.....herbies seeds bomb thc bomb and heavyweight fast and vast......FoxFarm-Liquid-Soil-Formula Organic....equipment board.....2 oscillating clip on fans....insulated ducting.... 2 rolls of 25 ft r-19 insulation to cover the tent.....

I have everything in except the seeds and the lights. Should be here sometime end of the week or first of next week....I'm ready to get growing! !!

20140210_160937.jpg

After putting down the floor

20140210_165840.jpg

The tent is massive at 5x5x6.5 ft

20140210_165853.jpg

A quick look inside the tent

20140210_165928.jpg

A wide look at the area. My work table floor tent and some insulation for the tent.

Re: Papasmoke DWC-- 5x- 400w TOPLED Grow THC Bomb & Heavyweight Fast & Vast

Welcome KingJohn..... things should start really moving in the next week or 2. Waiting for lights and seeds still (from herbies ordered Jan 29th)

Thanks Doozy and welcome. Definitely going to be a learn as I grow journal for sure.

I'm still debating on whether or not to do a scrog

Back
Top Bottom