SmokerJoe's Indoor Organic Soil Bagseed Grow

SmokerJoe

Hello there and welcome to my inaugural journal here at 420 magazine. This journal will be documenting from the very beginning of the crop and so the seeds have just been planted lets begin.

The first thing I did was wash and sterilize my containers as well as do the same to the growing area. Off the top of my head the space is about 4.5 x 6.5 square( kind of rectangular). Since the space is a bit smaller then I like space is at a premium and since I am using bagseed vs feminized seed I grow 2 plants per container since I will be culling out roughly half which will be males.(I may grow a single male in a different location utilizing 2 150 watt cfl. This would be for the pollen as I am almost out of viable seeds of this unkown strain which I like)

There is no room here for a perpetual harvest that I would love(I may love growing even more then smoking) I have no separate flowering and veg areas no mother and no clones.(so sad)

The lights I am using is a

450 watt 3Watt diode LED (Used in conjunction for 1 grow so far and In my opinion LED are amazing just remember to wear sunglasses or you will be seeing the color white as green )

600 Watt hps/mh combo setup( I love versatility and so do the plants)

2 150 watt cfl (Haven't used in conjunction with all the others just yet. I'm not sure it is needed even.

1 90 watt all red/far red led(Only turned on for flowering period)

My containers are Square plastic buckets that used to have 22 lbs of kitty litter in them(Kitty litter sold at walmart) The smaller ones are white the larger ones are blue and the biggest is yellow. I chose this way since it recycles them over and over instead of just tossing them also, you can fit more square containers in a space rather then circular containers which will leave a lot of wasted space.

This space is not ideal in my mind for reasons I wont identify but suffice it to say it all has to be torn down within a minute or 2 if that situation arises. If Anyone has any ideas on how to implement some sort of wiring to feed the plant through to train the canopy to be all even with a nice profile I'm all ears. Remember the fast breakdown required so I cant alter the walls with hooks or ducts or things of that nature. Looking forward to hearing all your thoughts. Until then have a great day.

In the seedling stage I only use the LED since it will provide ample light but none of the extreme heat of the hps. We dont need that heat killing off the seedlings and drying the soil to fast.

For this grow I am using Fox Farms Happy Frog and humboldt nutrients as well as perlite. I put a layer of perlite on the bottom followed by the humboldt nutrients then a bit of happy frog followed by the 2nd layer of perlite . The topmost layer is entirely happyfrog. I find that seedlings love happy frog and have had the best success when using different soil in layers. Happyfrog doesnt burn delicate seedlings and will be out of the seedling stage well before the roots penetrate the 2nd layer which is perlite. I also like fox farms ocean forest in conjunction with happy frog but locally ocean forest is almost always sold out.

When mixing the soil I always take out the larger chunks of bark and mix hydrogen peroxide in the water. I let the water sit in a bucket to allow the chlorine time to evaporate.

I forgot to mention that before I fill the buckets with dirt I drilled holes around the lip of the container where the lid usually seals. The holes are spaced about a inch apart so there are many.(The numerous amount of holes dont weaken the structural integrity of the container do the plastic being so thick ) Once it is time to lst ,anchor fim and train I will have areas on the container to secure branches or bend to my needs vs sticking items into the medium like almost everyone does. I use sewing yarn to secure the branches as this ties it to my needs but wont cut the flesh of the plant which could open it up to infection.

Thank you kindly. I enjoy giving more details so it is easier to replicate the results. I am new here and I am not actually sure if this is a journal I started or a regular thread and what the difference is.

Thank you. Yeah one of the colas on the same seed last grow was 19.8 grams after it was dried. I still have it. I let the big ones go last.

Yeah I will post a pic for you. I dont know the strain sadly . The High is creative,energetic,talkative and has a sexual component to it the draw of the smoke is mild although that could be due to my drying techniques.

Krondor huh. So Im guessing you are a old school sierra gamer?

Sounds like a good bit of sativa in there no matter what it is. Actually no I was a big fan of the book series when I was a wee lad. The game was his first venture I think and before my time lol

Yeah I thought Sativa as well because of the leaves. I dont feel it is pure sativa but I dont know as of yet. Basically I smoked and researched for a full year and during that time I stored the seeds in a pill bottle and when I felt like it was time I went through the seeds and throw away tiny ones, brown and grey ones. But this crop I will take out 1 male and raise him separately so I dont run out of seeds of this kind

Thanks guys I am checking out your grows as well. I cant wait for these babies to grow. I used to be impatient but at least this time I get to reap the rewards. Trying to decide how long I should veg these for as I am going to get 2 crops in before the end of august. Thanks for the interest and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Hmm I seem to remember it being a lot easier to post a picture but I dont see any option to post from my hard drive. How do I do that?

Nevermind I went and found the answer myself here you go.

IMAG06216.jpg

Took the picture just for you. Just checked the dirt. Nothing has popped up yet. Temp is 23C 74F

Back
Top Bottom