1st Grow - 5x Auto Super Hash + 1x Auto Sugar Mango Ryder - Help?

StreetDweller

This will be my first grow, so I will probably need help often lol I kind of just picked a few different recommendations and made my purchase choices for soil and nuts based on that. So a quick breakdown.

Growing Medium: Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Lighting: 6x 14 Watt CFL's (To start, will upgrade ASAP, and need suggestions)
Seeds: 5x Pyramid Auto Super Hash, 1x World of Seeds Sugar Mango Ryder Auto
Space: Closet, for this first grow, more info below.
Nutrients: General Hydroponics FloraBloom, FloraMicro, FloraGro, Also have "Big Bud"

Alright so quick background, this is a closet grow for now, I have been designated as a legal caregiver, but have to wait 4-6 weeks for processing and at that time I will be doing a much more well thought out operation, will need advice when I get there, and any now is appreciated. The lighting… I would like to do a quick upgrade soon, unless the CFL's will be fine for now, but for 6 plants I will undoubtedly need more right?

I have one small space fan and a older carbon air filter. Again, with my new set-up I will undoubtedly be upgrading, but will this be fine for now? It is a "vented" closet, like window shutters.

So I have it all set up, and the seeds are in the soil, I planted 1-9-14 around 11am, so it's been two days, no sign of the seeds popping up yet. It's cold and dry around here, will probably be a problem until I can upgrade lighting and get more heat.

Temp: 72 degrees F
Humidity: 37%

I will try and get some pictures up as soon as I see some green, but for now any advice/changes? Also I have the lights on 24/0 right now, should I change this until they pop up?

Hey, I'm a first time grower also but a few months into it. I can give you little advice from my mistakes along the way. I have done alot of research from the internet and from a newly purchased grow book.

Lighting: I've learned that its not wise to set up lights according to plant quantity, but by total square feet of your grow space. The recommended lighting per square foot is 3000-5000 lumens. Each light bulb has a lumen rating. Add these all up and compare it to your space needs. Calculate your sqft in your grow space and times this by 5000 to get your estimated lumen needs. Also, make sure your using 6500k cfl's for veg and 2700k-3000k rated lights for flower.

Seeds: Turn your lights off until they pop! The green color from your plants is from Chloropyll or however you spell it. That's what uses the light for photosynthesis, so right now your seeds under dirt don't need any light. Make it dark and keep the soil damp. They will pop up soon!

Hey, I'm a first time grower also but a few months into it. I can give you little advice from my mistakes along the way. I have done alot of research from the internet and from a newly purchased grow book.

Lighting: I've learned that its not wise to set up lights according to plant quantity, but by total square feet of your grow space. The recommended lighting per square foot is 3000-5000 lumens. Each light bulb has a lumen rating. Add these all up and compare it to your space needs. Calculate your sqft in your grow space and times this by 5000 to get your estimated lumen needs. Also, make sure your using 6500k cfl's for veg and 2700k-3000k rated lights for flower.

Seeds: Turn your lights off until they pop! The green color from your plants is from Chloropyll or however you spell it. That's what uses the light for photosynthesis, so right now your seeds under dirt don't need any light. Make it dark and keep the soil damp. They will pop up soon!

Awesome, thank you for helping, and being the first one, at that!

My grow space is 5' x 2 1/2' x 9'

62,500 lumen?

These CFL's are also only 2700k, so I will have to upgrade on Tuesday when I get paid :hmmmm:

Lights off too, I had a feeling lights should be off, but wanted somebody here to verify. Like I said, completely new.

Thank you for the help, I'm thinking about possibly just going HPS, I have the coin to spend, even tho I prefer not to, but something around 100-150$ isn't bad IMO.

I'm also curious about the amount of water to use, and when to start these nutrients, and I am wondering if "Big Bud" should be added to my other nutrients, or if it replaces one of the 3.

So you got 10 swift about. I would look into a 400watt hps light system. Amazon under 130. That wi give you a mhbulb for veg and a hps bulb for flower, we'll more than enough lumens. And you welcome, glad to help. Oh and don't feed until they need it. I would start a feeding schedule at 25% strength after 4 weeks from when they brake ground. Feed once a week for 2 weeks than I would increase to 2 times per week. Never exceed 50% strength. Add feeding a instead, if needed. Your plants will tell you when they are hungry

So you got 10 swift about. I would look into a 400watt hps light system. Amazon under 130. That wi give you a mhbulb for veg and a hps bulb for flower, we'll more than enough lumens. And you welcome, glad to help. Oh and don't feed until they need it. I would start a feeding schedule at 25% strength after 4 weeks from when they brake ground. Feed once a week for 2 weeks than I would increase to 2 times per week. Never exceed 50% strength. Add feeding a instead, if needed. Your plants will tell you when they are hungry

Awesome thanks, I have prime too so I would get it really soon, the low power CFL's won't hurt to last until about next weekend I suppose. As far as ventilation, I'm still not sure if I should add more for this grow, or wait and spend my time and money when I upscale in a month, will get some pics up once these things sprout up!

Sup street, so that "Big bud" you got is a bulking agent, and as far as i know people usually start it after stretch, which would be the 4th week of flowering, also when you do eventually get around to using it, i would start at 1/4 strength and work your way up from there. The AN line runs pretty concentrated..

Sup street, so that "Big bud" you got is a bulking agent, and as far as i know people usually start it after stretch, which would be the 4th week of flowering, also when you do eventually get around to using it, i would start at 1/4 strength and work your way up from there. The AN line runs pretty concentrated..

alright yeah I have been reading that around a 1/4 would be good and to try and not go over 1/2 strength. I got a really small bottle, 250 I believe just to try it out. Thanks

So I just bought more seeds, a quality promo was going on so I sprung and bought them, so worst case scenario if these were duds I have a good amount of seeds coming in, only two auto flowers, being legally able to grow I'd like to jump into photo because I don't need a super fast harvest. Anyways, here's what's on it's way(all feminized):

1x "Green House Seeds" - Cheese
1x "GHS" - Great White Shark
1x "GHS" - Lemon Skunk
1x "GHS" - Trainwreck
1x "GHS" - White Rhino
2x "GHS" - Super Lemon Haze

1x "Dinafem Seeds" - White Widow
1x "DS" - Original Amnesia AUTO

1x "Barneys Farm Seeds" - Tangerine Dream

2x "Sensi Seeds" - Jack Herer
1x "SS" - Super Skunk
1x "SS" - Skunk #1 AUTO

I only actually paid for 6 of them, the promos worked out really well on this one IMO, def more than last time I ordered.. I am not permitted to grow all at once, will prob go 4-5 at a time

I hope you have good luck with the Ocean Forest it almost killed my plants !!! No dont dig up the seeds the hardest part is patience it takes a few days. Took my seeds 5 days to pop then they all followed suit. Subbd

Yeah, I goofed and had the lights on for like the first two days too, so I guess it's only been 2 days really in dark in the soil. Really? I've heard good stuff about Ocean Forest, thats interesting...

Thanks man, I hope it actually gets going soon!

so still nothing... but on the plus side.. mylar, a new light and more seeds are coming soon, so if these are all somehow duds I will be back up and running fairly soon, with an improved set-up.

Bought an 1/8th of Headband, ended up finding two seeds already... loving the high with this one, not overly happy about having seeds in a 50$ 1/8th but hey, whatever, I can put them to good use soon

:thumb:

some of them popped, actually I think just waiting on one of them...

CAM001072.jpg
CAM001063.jpg
CAM001052.jpg
CAM001041.jpg
CAM001033.jpg
CAM001021.jpg

Back
Top Bottom