Lurch's 800W Perpetual Scrog Startup

Lurch Farmer

Here we are again, new knowledge, new room, and new goals.
new room info will be in later post.
My goal now to harvest 1 7-8 oz. plant a month, consistently. as this is what my "family" goes through.
as money is saved the harvest times will get closer together or allow for experimenting
Lights
veg - 4' x8 bulb T5, 18/6
flower-2 400w mh 12/12
Ebb -n- flow
AN Senci grow/bloom
We started 5 hso chem dawg beans at the same time as 20 bag seed.
3 sprouted, grew till they had 3 nodes then stoped
of the 20 bs, 17 sprouted
5 got sat on
2 got topped and lst
2 got lst and some supper cropping, just pinched between nodes'
at the moment they are getting there first 12/12
this is the trained system
IMG_20140119_140613.jpg

And over here we have 7 waiting for sexing
IMG_20140119_140624.jpg

Unfortunately my cloning skills are non existent at the moment, so I am hoping the 4 in the sytem are ladies, other wise I am going to have a root issue upon removing any males.
:peace:

Hey Lurch,
Great to see you at it! MH for bloom, I've done it many times with great results. Hope that screen is a forest of tops soon :)
I will do my best to swing in from time to time, super super busy with the move getting ready to happen but I'll keep an eye out for notifications of new posts

some left out veg info:
I had to do it just for the experience mh for veg.
looking at the first pick the top right and bottom left were veged under mh and the top left and bottom right veged under t5
I guess this depends on personal grow styles.
I will be staying with the t5
CORRECTION -I will be using HPS not MH for flower
flower room is 7.5'x7.5'x7
ATM 2-400w hps
Air enters through a 4" inline fan and is exhausted via a 8"x24" charcoal filter and fan into a upstairs bed room ( adding heat to a unheated space)
for the winter and for summer the fans will get reversed.
As this is the first grow in this room I ran the veg cycle and now that I can pull the t5 I will build a custom cab or hopefully take over another room in the house.
my father suffers from dementia, sepsis of the brain, and alzheimer's, that was unnoticed till the bank showed up with police. packing trucks and crew.
And it turns out it is cheaper for us if I quit my job and be the" nursing home" care for my father . I am hoping the growing will have the same calming effect on him as it does me.
Keep it green:peace:

This is the fifth grow I have started the bloom nute 2 weeks before flip and by day 7 they are showing sex.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::slide::slide::slide:
Only the top right of the 4 is male.and the 7 in setup #2 3 def ladies, 2 def males and 2 to small to see.
The males will get pulled by the end of the week and I might keep one to collect pollen and the rest will get boiled then turned in to canna creamer :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
why is it I can start 80 bagseed and/or promo seeds grow some amazing meds but i start 5 $10 a peace seeds and nadda happens or they grow 3" and stay there. I got 3 that have been paused for 2 months.
They were started a month before the 11 and treated the same .( pics after lights on)

day 18 all is well
room temps 68-75f
thanks to Advanced Nutrients ph is a constant 5.8 and ppm 1100 and drops to 300-600 by the end of the week. mid week I add 1/4 cup h2o2.
my res are 18 g totes I only add water on sundays
rig 2 only gave me three ladies one of which has been returned to veg
IMG_20140206_062918.jpg

and rig 1 has 3 ladies
IMG_20140206_062828.jpg
IMG_20140206_062934.jpg

I wish that pics 2 and 3 were were just one plant, there are three
I do have one of her sisters I am reveging. at the moment chillen next to the tv/monitor need to pause her for 2 weeks other wise she will never fit back in through the door.
at the moment a third light is being saved for hoping for mid march so the perpetual can actually start .
About 2 weeks in to veg I decided to try perpetual, after setting up for seed to harvest growing explaining why 2 lights one harvest and a last minute cloning attempt( cut six , and they are still alive ).

Day41 In flower
Day 4 under Intelligrow Led
Issues so far Due to hps foot print Training was kept in a 3x3 square
The distance leds need for optimal use 29" the corral was taken out and the ladies laid down now cover closer to 5'x5' with a giant hole in the middle of the screen.I am trying to retrain but previous training has produced very strong branches .
I knew the lights were comin' before res fill and nute replenish so I cut back on the nutes (after calling AN),I had to go buy a new ppm meter as it has been awhile since I used one, but I still got some minimal nute burn .This could also be caused by the large air pump and extra air stone .
Before retraining
015546.JPG

016499.JPG

after
024243.JPG

020343.JPG

here are the reveal pics.
0021700.JPG
0041538.JPG
0031627.JPG
009992.JPG

Better rigging is a must
013662.JPG

At least locking clips
014604.JPG

Now I see the leds kickn' the trich production into high gear and the stink is amazingly stronger than with hps at this point, All you can smell is fruity diaper, usually I can smell the "growing" plant smell under the stink now the only place that smell is found is about 2" off the floor.
This morning my ladies were looking like overwatered non-hydro plants!!!!!!!!!!!:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:
water temp 63f not perfect but not bad
ph 5.7 dead on as always
ppm 860, day 3 since res change PPM reading of 875. With hps and this strain of bag seed ppm is usually 1200-400 end of the week
so off to research the issue cursing myself for switching to LED half way through FLOWER WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKIN?
and turns out it was the grower's fault for not changing water pump timer.
I am gonna have a good chat with that stoner.:thedoubletake::cool::smokin::hookah::cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom