Redlans First Quest

Redlan

Hello all! I am going to be doing my first grow EVER. I have pulled a ton of information from some of the growers on this site in the past year. Going to post periodic pics starting with flowering photos. This is what I have decided to do, due to finances.

Soil, random stuff I found in a pot.

Added small amounts of blood and bone meal to random stuff I found in pot.

Added perlite to random crap I found in pot

Sanitized soil and cleansed it with natural occurring hydrogen peroxide found in snow.

Let sit a week...

Put seed in soil (only one I have found in my chronic in past 3 years) and put under 65 watt 6500k cfl.

Super cropped topped and LSt trained it for 3 weeks of veg.

And now I have added 6 2300k 23watt cfls above it for the flowering stage in addition to the 65watt cfl I used for veg.

This is where our paths cross and you will start seeing me posting pictures from here on out. :)

Wish me luck, cross your fingers it is female!

Hi Redlan.

Good luck!

IMG_023628.JPG
IMG_023330.JPG
IMG_023528.JPG
IMG_023239.JPG
IMG_023035.JPG
IMG_023132.JPG
IMG_022931.JPG
hope this turns out.... haha

anyways First grow bag seed day 3 flowering. there is my first photo feed guys! hope you enjoy!

So.... A bit more information

I have watered it once with very diluted urine water. I don't know if it was the timing of the watering or the fact that it had urine in it but, growth has exploded since then, maintaining my canopy is quite tie consuming with the rapid growth.

I water only once every 4 days or so. I use plain tap water that has never been phd. I am doing it as cheap as possible for the first time, so as of right now I have no thermometer, or even a timer for it, and have been doing the 12/12 by hand.

Veg was a total 24 hour grow cycle.

No transplant or germination, straight into final pot.

I really just want to see if it is as difficult to get dank buds as people say it is with this one guys.... If I decide to give it nutrients I'll go as cheap as possible as well and figure that out when the time comes.... For now it is fine.... I would be putting mollssus in the Water if I had it
.. Too lazy to go fetch for this little experiment tho. Lol.

I have been pulling information off of this site for about a year now I would say. This one and a couple others, but this is the one that had the most information that made sense to me. I am more than willing to take advice, I am just doing what I think is best for it. My brain works different than most so I have some wierd ideas so don't be surprised in the future if you are confused by my stuff haha.

Taking a wild guess and am going to say it is blue dream

looking goooood!!!
My next grow will be advanced nutrients micro-grow & bloom because it has "pH perfect technology" so the ad says.I've been trying auto's since getting back into it in the last year or so.
Had trouble pH-ing my water. pH Up,pH Down,lemon juice ect.Auto's don't seem to like a lot of nutes at the beginning,just pH'ed water.But I found (and I'm gonna get flack for this for even mentioning it.)Wouldn't advise it too anyone but a 1st time grower on a cheap budget til they got at least on successful grow.
But your already there! Great grow!

I sprinkled the least amount I could til the pH change and stabilized. BUT YOU REALLY HAVE TO FLUSH REALLY GOOD.

Miracle Grow. I have to wonder if it works for gardens(and have seen grow journals testing their plant food with there Tomatoe plant food.Both plants turning out reallygood.but true cannabis tasters will notice it .
Still have a 3 ft.heigth restriction? I know of a 6 in.rotateing fan that has 6 speeds.(because it's 12 volts and with an AC/DC adapter you can run it on 12v, 9v or 6v (it barely turns @ 4.5 volts or the 3v setting.Got it at Auto Zone orO'Reillys Automotine store.Don't get the non rotating 3 inch fan they last about a day.better to go with a 12v computer fan.Wal mart has a 12 inch O 2 Cool(non rotateing fan)
that can run on 8 batteries,the AC adapter(included)or can be hooked to a multi volt AC/DC adapter and run on 12,,9,,or 6volts

So good luck with the grow!!will be watching andcheering you on.

Thank you! I have seen many people use miracle grow. I know natural ways to get my plant it's nutes, but if all else fails that was my plan haha. I can always just purge it and make bho's lol. No biggy if I have to use it in the end, but I don't think I will. :)

Advanced nutrients looks awesome.... Tons of people use it. I don't know if I have ever had bud grown with it tho. My pops was able to grow danky dank without fertilizing ever once he made his soil... Don't know If that is out dated or what, but all he ever added was mollssus water and he had amazing crops that tasted fantastic... Have you ever had advanced nutrient buds? If so, how do they taste?

Looking good ... is it male or female? It's funny, my first grow was kinda the same, just threw some seeds in some earth I had lying around and voila! A friend gave me his light and nutes, then things just exploded from there.

Well flowering just started so I can't tell yet ;) should be able to in a day or two.

If it is male it is just going in the garbage, then back to research for another year til I get lucky enough to find another seed lol

Can you post a pic ... someone told me a trick to telling sex at pre flower ... as for seeds, I was lucky enough to have had about 35 seeds in a purchased batch. You can always buy seeds online, don't throw in the towel yet :cheer:

My plants showed sex in veg state at about 5 or 6 weeks in.

It's funny, I had a knowledgeable friend come to see my plants and out of my 22 or so, he picked out the females at 3 weeks veg just by the look of the plant ... and he has been right so far, still 5 to sex

Peace

Honestly I haven't tasted Adv.Nutes.I haven't grown photo-periods.Got back to this hobby a year or so ago with Autoflowers .
But for what it's worth.There was a 60 day wonder nutrient battle grow done with Adv.Nutes and General Organics.Showing growths every couple of weeks or so.When flushing Av.Nutes showed more salts in the run off water(after it dried on the floor compared to Gen.Orgs.(they said may have been growers error in flushing.)
Gen.Orgs.came in at around 55 days (autoflower)Adv.Nutes over 70 days.
Adv.Nutes =better yield but harsher taste Gen Org.lesser yield better taste.
(Jay the Pro Grower you tube) "60 day nutrient battle review".(a little dry watching lots of weights,hash amounts, taste,time to harvest ect.But informative and great photo,with a long list of documentation.
I'm trying Adv.Nutes.mainly because the Joint Doctor recommends it for autoflowers.(breeder of Lowryder )When problems accure with auto's they grow so fast you don't have as much time to correct as with photo-periods.So I'm gonna try it on next grow,hoping the micro nutrients,pH perfect ect.will help my next auto.growSorry I can't be more helpful on photo-periods

All good haha. I will try to get a close up for you I apologize for the crappy camera. I have moved it into a smaller area with all lights directly above it. It is quite the large plant already and it is only 3 and a half weeks old.

image7182.jpg
image7181.jpg
image7180.jpg
Couple more shots here.... Will be salvaging Mylar and coating inside shortly. Sorry if the close up isint what you were looking for.... And my camera blows ATM lol.

Back
Top Bottom