Black Widow Fem Seeds - Soil Grow - Geordie

Geordie

Hey :420:

So after the weather destroyed my last attempt at growing, i though with the insurance money i could start anew.

Here goes....

Equipment...

Euro with Maxibright Compact & 400W Sunmaster Lamp
1 RUCK Fan 100mm/4 Inch High Power Version (285m3/hour)
1 Standard Ducting - 100mm/4 inch - 5 metres
2 Ducting Jubilee Clip 100mm - 165mm
Root Riot 24 Cube Tray
Maxibright T5 2' 2-Way

Seeds Information...

Breeder: Positronic Seeds
Genetics: White Widow x Misty
Variety: Mostly Indica
Flowering Type: Photoperiod
Sex: Feminised
THC Content: 19%
CBD Content: 0.3%
Yield: 300 gr/ plant
Plant Height: Indoors: up to 1 meter and Outdoors: up to 2 meters
Grows: Grows indoors, Grows outdoors
Flowering Time: 55 - 66 days
Harvest Month: 5 - 10 October
Medicinal Properties: Soothing and relaxing effect

I have had the seeds in the heated dome for 7 days, i just popped the seeds straight into the root riot plugs and away we went. I have them sitting under my Maxibright T5 2' 2-Way. Already there looking really good, abit leggy to say the least one looks very tall but she is showing the serrated leaves already which in my book is a fairly good sign :thumb:

I will update this post with some images, so i will brb...

IMG_144517.JPG
IMG_144420.JPG
IMG_144320.JPG
IMG_144214.JPG
IMG_144120.JPG
IMG_144021.JPG
IMG_143918.JPG

Regards,
Geordie

Re: Black Widow Fem Seeds [Soil Grow] Geordie ;)

Once seeds have sprouted, they can take all the light you can give them. I recommend you lower the T5 to a couple inches over the seedlings. You'll get less stretch that way.

Great restart! :thumb:

Hey buddy,

Thanks for that mate, I was a little concerned about the stretch... Shall I take the dome lid off then? The T5 is only a few centimetres above the lid.

Another thing I've been reading is some people have problems with root growth within the plugs and the plants suffocating could you advise how I could stop that from happening?

Thanks

Geordie

Edit:

I moved the light closer and found my baby like this

IMG_144618.JPG

:':)':)'(

Hopefully not! I would suggest transplanting into soil immediately. You can put them a little deeper and use the soil to prop her back up. Keep the light close to the tops so they don't have to stretch. Use the back of your hand starting about a foot away from the light and slowly inch closer to it. You want to try and detect how far away from the light the heat is so you know how close to place your plants. you want your tops just under where it starts to get warm, probably about 3 inches.

Maybe the dome got hot and cooked it? I didn't see you ask, or I would have suggested you open it up before you brought the light down. Gosh, I feel bad about piping up. They were stretching and you had the light a foot away, so ...

I always keep my lights within a couple inches, but I plant directly into soil in plastic drink cups. People think seedlings are delicate, but I always do best when I give them plenty of light and water them sparingly until they get going.

My apologies if I messed you up.

Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't get the chance to reply back, with all the building work that's going on on this estate due to the floods we have been without Internet for more than a fortnight.

@Graytail: I did actually take the lid off buddy because I wouldn't have been able to get the light closer, I don't think anything you said about putting the light closer was really the factor in her dieing tbh mate... I think the rooting plug was fairly tough for the roots to grow in, once she was gone I cut away at the plug and there were virtually no root at all. Had it been soil I put her into I think she would have made it, my next set I will germ them then pop them into soil.

@calyx I did try to judge the right height, using the back of my hand and tbh I found it rather difficult to judge. The light itself doesn't actually seem to give off very much heat, is there a more precise way that I can do it?

If you can't feel any heat and you're almost touching it then the plants hsould be able to get about that close. I'd stay about two inches awat to be safe then.
How'd it go were you able to save your baby?

If you can't feel any heat and you're almost touching it then the plants hsould be able to get about that close. I'd stay about two inches awat to be safe then.
How'd it go were you able to save your baby?

Hey mate,

Yea i couldnt feel any heat come off the T5, unfortunately i was unable to save her. But i think that was more to do with the root plug, seems the roots weren't growing threw it for some reason probably to tough.

I think on my next attempt i will Germ them and pop them straight into soil. I've got everything ready to go, just waiting on my seeds and i will try another journal hopefully third time lucky. I have some auto fem white widows on there way that finish up in about 75days hopefully there noob friendly lol... Desperate for my first successful grow :'(

You'll get it, just keep learning. I've killed so many seedlings on my grow journies that I should be put in jail. I'm going to be starting from seed on my next grow and I've decided to germinate in Rapid Rooter plugs. As soon as I see a sprout they're going into pots.

I might get some books and at every opportunity have a really good scout around and better my knowladge, I'm sure I will get my first grow soon. I have just started with some auto fem white widows, germd them for 48hours and all but 1 had about 1inch of root showing and the other had a few mm....

I potted them this morning into small noodle pots I had lying around, into a soilless mix and I have them under my T5 with the extracter running as the cupboard was way to hot without it on and now thinking of the temp that's possible what killed my black widows in this attempt. I'm going to start a new journal on Monday when I get a chance, hopefully it's more of a success ;)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

We are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom