Size of light? 400 watt MH/HPS
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 26-28 21-23
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res? Soil 6.1
Any Pests ? Nope!!
How often are you watering? As needed
Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics /organics

What's up everyone this is my 3rd grow first journal got the kinks out of the way, had some soil issues ,couple bug problems, tried a scrog.
First soil was compacted and a fungus gnat situation then to a scrog and just pillaged by aphids. So Now back at square one and things are simple and great. So were jumping in half way I just flipped to flowering after a 36 hour dark period, put the super nova in and away we go !

The tent is a secret Jardin 3x3x6
With a 400w philips universal metal halide for veg and a 400w super HPS hortilux for flower,
Lumatek 400w ballast. With a super lumens switch anyone ever use?
I also just picked up a super nova and trimmed it to fit in the tent half off used at the shop! I have an intake straight from outside coming in direct.I have a heater outside the tent going in the bottom parallel with cool air
With a 4" inline CAN Fan up top above the super nova sucking up the hot cold mixture. I also have Bamboo across from post to post to fight negative pressure and a thermostat set at 26.5 connected to 9" fan on the floor pointing up with a 6" fan on constant halfway up the ten.

Girls ran on a 24hr flourescent triple light I built, which actually worked out better I was anxious to get them in the tent but my last crop was not ready but they seemed to get extremely bushy while waiting for the tent to be ready from the scrog that was plagued with Aphids,so they sat Under cfl light for about 3 weeks cleaned everything then commenced.

The pots are 7 gallon with a mixture of 50% professional soil mix from hydro store along with 50% coco and then a 1/2 a box of dolomitic lime 1/2 bag of worm castings 1/2 bag of perlite.

I keep the temperature around 22.5 at night and the seem to like 28 during the day I was sticking to 26.5 but the growth was just not there.

Veg - General Organics / hydroponics

Fertilizers I'm running all general organics/hydroponics
Mixing up about 2L per plant every 2 or 3 days (exact concentrations to come soon)
Bio thrive grow
Cal mag+
Bio root
Bio marine
Bio weed
Diamond black
Floralicious grow
Floralicious plus
Floral nectar pinneapple rush
Liquid rock (homeade from local shop equivalent to armor si but only ten bucks ha)

For flowering

General Organic / hydroponic

Bio thrive bloom
Cal mag+
Bio marine
Diamond nectar switching from diamond black
Floralicious bloom
Bio bud
Floralicious plus
Liquid rock
Floral nectar pineapple rush

As well as organic bang and GH azamax for multiple pest issues if they arise.

As for ph well I only have the cheap meter and it seems to always want to read close to 6 I also use lithium paper and get just over 6. I'm in the market this week for a blue lab multi pen ph/Tds /ec, some people say it isn't worth is for soil jobs what do you think? I also have a cheap Tds Meter I have been using in the mean time. (I understand my tds meter does not give me a conversion whether its the 7 or 5 scale im not sure but its all i had and its halfass working. First 2 weeks was about 400-700 ppm 3rd to 5th week 700-1000 ppm And now trying for around 1100 plus minus whatever my plants tell me, if I have to mix 3 separate batches in one day I do, trying to help each specifics needs of the girls.

I've got
White widow
Variety: Mostly Sativa
Type: Stabilized HybridGenetics: Indian/Brazilian
THC Content: 15-20%

Tangerine dream feminized - from Barney's farm.
Type: Sativa x Indica
Genetics: G13 x Neville's A5 Haze
THC: 25%
CBD: 1.8%

Thc bomb feminized
from bomb.
Type: Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis
THC: Very High (20-25%)

As well as lots of Marley and classical music for the girls and three spiritual bud stones, for a little extra love so they know I care !
Any and all help tips dos or dont"s is greatly appreciated and welcomed thanks everyone !!
A lot more info to follow this is just a start thanks !!!
Tangerine dream is in the front middle
THC bomb is back right
White widow back left (when looking into tent )

image7910.jpg

image7913.jpg
image7912.jpg
image7911.jpg
image7914.jpg

Re: Rizza"s 1st grow journal Indoor 400w 3x3x6

awesome....just awesome!
you have thought out your process, what you plan to accomplish, detailed spec's!
my man...you are on your way!
great strains...been hearing mixed reviews on thc bomb, seen a great micro grow with it however.
I will be tuned in...watching the show!
light it up, we will witness a great harvest here!
cheers RIZZA!!:welcome:

I seem to be having some issues with droopy leaves I'm keeping watering to just what they need to rule out overwatering, this has been going on for about a week and a half now and i didn"t want to jump the gun so I cut back the watering from 6L to 4L divided between the three. Also my Tds meter is to unreliable so will be grabbing a combo blue pen or cheap version this week. I'm trying to read the plants but do not want to over feed, bumped up the flower nutes today, they just all seem to be asking for more food. My ppm this feed was 775, which with not knowing the conversion I can only go on what they tell me compared to what I've been averaging on my meter and seeing in results. For ph I had a 6.3 on litmus paper and the GH liquid tester only ever a slight color Change haha.
So some leave are yellowing in the lower canopy to the point where if you bump them the wil fall off. Is this due to lack of light in the lower canopy? And they seem to be water logged but ready to fall off.

Today's feeding was :

4L distilled water
Bio thrive bloom 10ml
Floralicious bloom 9ml
Floralicious plus concentrate 1 ml
Bio marine 10ml
GH vegan plant booster 10ml
Cal mag 2.5ml
Liquid rock 10 ml
Bio bud 5ml
Diamond black 10 ml
Floral nectar pinneapple rush 10 ml
Pictures to follow of droop and after feed thanks all!!
Any feelings on when molasses should start during flowering I introduced it about 4 weeks In last time.

Thanks Mindcontrol exactly what I needed to hear man!
Your flow looks great I'm takin notes!
Ps did I repost in the journal right? Ha

Well everything is looking pretty good around here, gave nutes 2 feeds in a row and will do water 2 feeds in a row in a week if possible, friend suggested it, have 2 nute feeds and one water Down and I think the THC bomb jumped again to almost 35 inches aha.
This tent is going to be full
1. Thc bomb 33 inches
2. White widow 32 inches
3. Tangerine dream 30 inches.
Also at the bottom ill post some sort of defficency on the white widow thanks for any help!
And they are all 16-22 inch in diameter.

image7978.jpg

image7977.jpg

image7975.jpg

image7982.jpg

image7981.jpg

image7979.jpg

Soo nothin on the defencies.. Right on!
What about RH just curious some opinions on veg/flower RH
I know I could look it up but I'm looking for first hand info. Does it cause stress if a plants RH is to low ?
Thanks

They're looking really good, Rizza. The second pics are much better than the frst - I think you were probably overwatering.

Actually, the pale green color in the new growth is a good sign of vigor, at least from what I see. Low humidity will stress the plant, yes. Mine get into the 30s occasionally, and they do allright, but I'd feel safer between 40 and 60.

They'll be ok if you let them go a little dry - it's good for soil aeration.

:thumb:

Hey Rizza, nice to see a THCBomb doing well in someone's garden! I'm waiting for my THCBomb mother (from seed) to give me six clones to put in my grow/bloom tent.

This is only the second time I've grown, so I'm always looking for good information and tips. I'll be watching your THCBomb plant with great interest.

Best of luck, Rizza!

Looks good, looks like you thought this out pretty well. Droopy leaves could be over watering, I had that problem at first too. You want your soil to dry up pretty good, let those roots get some air and stretch looking for that water. I wait to water now until I have separation on the sides of my pot. I am using smart pots though so separation comes a bit faster than regular plastic pots. plants are looking good, cant wait to see some buds!

Soo nothin on the defencies.. Right on!
What about RH just curious some opinions on veg/flower RH
I know I could look it up but I'm looking for first hand info. Does it cause stress if a plants RH is to low ?
Thanks

hey rizza, as far as first hand experience goes, i had some clones on a recent grow where i let my RH drop too low(they weren't in a humidity dome) and i did notice some stunting and it started around when my RH dropped below 35% for a week or so.

i hope this was specific and first hand enough for you :passitleft: happy growing

Thanks Graytail I bought a humidifier and keeping the tent at a steady 50 now and it is definetly making a difference !!
Gardener the THC is so weird one day it's vigorous the next it seems like it is having a tantrum very touchy haha not to mention it got super cold here the other day and I turned my heat up before I went out and totally roasted one branch on the THC, where the heat comes in the tent ... Terrible haha pictures to follow ! This is only my third grow gardener but I grew berry bomb last and it was awesome until the aphids plague lol
Hey sloppy! I actually have been waiting now this past week or so till the the side of the pot is separated and went from 6L to 4L feed between the three.
RH is something I have definitely not been paying enough attention too.
Here are some pics same order just got new camera better pics to come!
And I was specifically talking about the close up pics of the white widow, I thought there was something wrong but this might just be from
Light when she was a seedling or nute burn on the leaf from a foliar feed previously

image7979.jpg

New pics but now a couple days old and much more sweet fuzz has grown!! Post those tomorrow
image8180.jpg
image8170.jpg
image8178.jpg

Rizza, my THCBomb mother was a dry seed 48 days ago. I'm waiting until she can give me six clones to put in my grow/bloom tent. My cloner holds eight, and since they may not all root I figure I should take maybe ten or twelve clones from the mother (if I can take that many at once).

It'll probably be another 48 days before I'm ten days into flower... and I'll be watching your grow the whole time.

(BTW, You can usually Right-click a sideways image file on your computer and select Rotate Clockwise.)

Gardener ! So how big is your mother? What size tent and light do you have it under ? School me I'm green when it comes to keeping a mother plant just because I don't really have room for one.. So I think ha
Only day 11 now just wanted some daytime pictures for your enjoyment !

Tangerine dream
image8349.jpg
image8351.jpg
image8352.jpg
image8354.jpg

White Widow
image8355.jpg
image8356.jpg
image8357.jpg
image8358.jpg

THC BOMB
image8360.jpg
image8362.jpg
image8363.jpg
image8367.jpg

So here is my white widow again with a question ?! I just feel like something fishy is going on. Ok I water and they slighty
Droop I cut back water fine no problem letting pots get really dry, separate from side of pot and all dry on my meter. So 10 days into
Flower I have some yellowish leave in the lower canopy ? Not receiving as much light ok I get that but so many barely yellowing stems can just fall off when bumped. Note I did minimal trimming this time because less is more and I was getting to carried away before, but if anyone can think of why the stems are so flimsy and weak but still are juicy.
Thanks!
WW
image8369.jpg
image8370.jpg
image8368.jpg

Team photo!!!!!

image8374.jpg

It was a good idea to let the pots dry out - good for the roots - aerates the soil. :thumb:

That's why the lower leaves yellowed and dropped - no big deal - they'll die off anyway.

Now that you know roughly how much the pots weigh when they're empty, try to keep them from drying out anymore. Once they're in flower, it's best to keep the soil at least damp. And you also know when they're getting close to being dry from the way the plant droops. In veg, I like to let them dry out a couple times, and then in flower I usually just water everything every 5 days. One is usually dry by then, and the others have dried enough to rewater.

Lookin' good Rizza!

(clean off your camera lens .. :cheesygrinsmiley:)

Gardener ! So how big is your mother? What size tent and light do you have it under ? School me I'm green when it comes to keeping a mother plant just because I don't really have room for one..

Rizza, I've never kept a mother before either, and this is only my second grow ever (both hydro); so I really can't be as much help as I'd like with questions about soil, or even plant reactions. I just plain don't know very much. Yet.

As for my mother plant, I have her in a 3'x3' tent under four 2' T5 HO 6500°K florescent lamps in a netpot lid on a 5 gal bucket with an airstone. She was a dry seed 49 days ago. Right now she measures about 12" tall and wide. I'm not sure how big she needs to be before I can take all the cuttings I'll need (8-10).

On my first and only other grow I started from clones, and never considered having a mother. Partly because I thought I'd need another HID and didn't want the electric drain, and partly because of space constraints, like you mentioned. I suspect the mother could be kept in a 2'x2', though. I bet you can find that much space...

WHEWWWWW got a page two ! And over 420 visits yeaaaa!
So things are going well.

Thanks Graytail your helpful hints are now routine! As for the camera I'm using my crap waterproof one cause my SLR Is in for repair hah HD photos soon, as for the leaves that were yellowing and flimsy as I saw them is just a result of my sitting back and not picking haha, my first and second grow I pruned way to much at wrong times not to mention inadequate humidity. So I'm rounding day 21 of flower trying to leave all fan leaves alone unless they pretty much fall of when you touch them. Ill have pre and post strip pictures next week thanks !!!

Rizza, I've never kept a mother before either, and this is only my second grow ever (both hydro); so I really can't be as much help as I'd like with questions about soil, or even plant reactions. I just plain don't know very much. Yet.

As for my mother plant, I have her in a 3'x3' tent under four 2' T5 HO 6500°K florescent lamps in a netpot lid on a 5 gal bucket with an airstone. She was a dry seed 49 days ago. Right now she measures about 12" tall and wide. I'm not sure how big she needs to be before I can take all the cuttings .

So how tall is your 3x3 ?
And do you just keep trimming the mother to keep it from getting outta control or what because at 49 days from see I was over 20 inches lol
As well just curious your thoughts I was always skeptical of cloneing due to the lesser yield outcome, I know seeds take longer but really if I'm starting my next grow prior to finishing this one and I just do it sooner I'm still saving time ?
Pros cons?

Back
Top Bottom