12/12 From Seed - CFL - Organic Grow

Noclue122

Hello All !!!!

I'm conducting my second CFL 12/12 from seed organic grow. The first grow was traumatic (not enough light) all the plants died. Painful lesson ;/. It took me about a month to find the courage to try again. If at first you don't succeed try, try, again ;]. I'm growing in a closet using bagseed, 2 26w, 2 20w and 2 13w CFL's, a mixture of organic miracle grow, cow manure, ground ( I used the food processor to grind) fertilzer spikes, chicken bones and egg shells. I added coffee grounds to the soil mixture when my plants show preflowers. I'm re-purposing juice jars, rum bottles, soup cans and other containers and using them for flower pots, I put a least one hole in the bottom of the containers for drainage but so far none of the plants have received enough water to drain. I give them warm tap water when the soil is dry and I added coffee grounds (unspent) to the soil of my flowering plants. My oldest plant is five weeks old now. She sexed female at 4 weeks. She is healthy. I adjust the lighting daily and move the plants around periodically. I planted 5 seeds initially. 1 died, one sexed male and 3 sexed female. Since then I've planted 4 other seeds. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to post them.

Re: 12/12 from seed CFL Organic Grow

:bravo: Great intro! :welcome: Your plants won't die here..... My 2 cents from what I read,

what is the PH of the warm tap water?

how often do you water & how much water?

how long did it take to kill the first batch?

I'm eager to try & help you keep these alive! cheers :goodluck:

You could not have chosen a better site for member & staff that's makes this one great big :circle-of-love:

here's the link to get your pics uploaded Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Hello trichomes,

I sooo happy to meet you. I appreciate your two cents. Uh ph? I don't know. I'm not seeing any signs of distress. I'm using organic matter, eggshells, coffee grounds, ect. are neutral. What are the signs of ph problems? Will it affect bud production or taste? Ugh!! I have much to learn. I water them when the soil is dry. I do the weight test. I watered the seedlings when they needed it so about 4-5 ounces every three days. I'm watering my pre-flowering plants daily about 4 ounces. The first batch died three weeks into the experiment. This hurt bad :(. I'm so glad you want to help me. Surely, I can use all the help I can get. I LOVE these plants. Thanks for the link. I'll upload the pics.

DSC_003122.jpg

Group Photo

Isn't she lovely. She's 4 weeks. this pick was taken before the CFL's burned her fan leaves.

So far looking good. The pots are hard to see. Are you growing Autos or reg? I would guess the pot sizes will be causing problems for you when you flip to flower. Ya got to have room for root growth. I will tag a long with trichomes and help when I can.

Hello CO ;) Good to see you. I'm using the 12/12 from seed photo period which based on my research keeps plants small enough to grow in plastic beer cups. I'm also using bagseed which is exciting, you never know what you are gonna get. As for the pots, well, they are 7 x 5 1/2 inch juice jars ( I cut the tops with a box-cutter and burned a hole as close to the center of the bottom as I could. I'm pretty proud of my re-purposing skills. LOL I'm running a small operation here and using household products. Thanks for tagging along :). Hey, these are some very exciting times for cannabis growers in CO. Legalization of recreational usage WOOO HOOO!

Hello Growers !!!!

My oldest is 5 weeks and 3 days. She has flowers growing at the top, along the stem and laterally!!! I'm so proud. Here are some pics. CO Finest, I wrapped the pots in brown paper bag to keep the roots in darkness. Take a look. I didn't mention this before but I also made light reflectors out of aluminum foil, cardboard and tape. Thank God for GOOGLE!!!!!!! LOL

Group Photo 2/23/14

A picture is worth a thousand words ;)

Hello All,

CO Finest asked about the PH of my tap water so I did some research. Our tap water is very hard which means it is high in calcium and magnesium carbonates that are in our rivers. The water department adds lime to adjust the acidity making the PH nuetral. WOW what a bonus for growers!!!! That's good information that I will need for future grows. Thanks for asking CO Finest :thanks: Now I know.

Here are my girls 2 weeks into flowering. I wanted to try FIMing so I planted seeds but was not successful. The soil was too wet. I tried to plant other seeds in moist soil but was unsuccessful because I knocked the pot over and the seedlings died. This was very upsetting :/. Space is limited so I gave cloning a try. I took three cuttings the bottom of the most well developed flowering plants (1 & 3), dipped them in honey, put one in water and two in pots. The cuttings have at least two sets of leaves and a little new growth at the tops. I've read here on 420 that cuttings will be exactly like the mother plant and take less time to flower. It looks like one of my clones died already but i will leave it in its pot for now. It's depressing but time will tell. Patience IS a virtue. I can take more clones later.
If and when my cloning is successful, I will FIM the cones. We will see :).
DSC_012212.jpg
DSC_011915.jpg
DSC_011410.jpg

Hello Growers, My girls are three weeks into flowering! I see tricomes!!! Woo Hoo!!! My grow has not been without problems. Thank you 420 magazine !!! Sticky posted "Cannabis Plant & Pest Problem Solver Pictorial" under 420's GROW Room tab. This information proved priceless when the leaves started yellowing from the bottom up. I learned that it is normal towards the middle and end of flowering and that it is a sign of nitrogen deficiency. The leaves have been unavoidably burned by the CFL's because of limited space/light and the differing grow patterns of the plants. I recently burned (beyond recognition) the top bud of a plant two weeks into flowering. It formed two sets of new leaves on the top (basically topping itself). It's much taller than the other girls and is growing flowers more slowly but I believe its growing slower because its younger and has not received as much light as the others. I also saw some spots on the leaves. Based on my research , the spots, could be indicative of calcium deficiency. I've added bone meal to the soil during vegetation and read that magnesium helps with calcium absorption so I added 2 tsp to the 1.75 L bottle I use to water the plants and watered. It seemed to shock the plants for a couple of days. They recovered and continue to flower. Some of the yellow leaves fell off. I cut the others off. I took pictures but they don't do the girls justice. Take a look.
DSC_011410.jpg
DSC_012512.jpg
DSC_013910.jpg

Hello Growers,
I'm thinking about harvesting in a few weeks. While I have NO doubt that couch-lock provides relaxation and immediate relief of physical and mental stressors as well as spiritual experiences that promote well being, I am most interested in the energy sativas provide and am not sure of the best time to harvest. Help me, please. My research reveals that when 30% of the pistons are amber and 50% of the tricomes are cloudy I can dry and cure the buds. I intended to take the buds individually but the top colas have formed one large bud so I have to wait. Patience IS a virtue. I never ask God for patience, I KNOW that when other folks do, more trials and tribulations come into their lives so that they can learn to endure patiently. I know that it is required but I have been taught to seek instant gratification. It's the american way. Some of our ways are good and some are not. The primary reason for this grow is to cultivate the healing properties of these amazing plants. I'll take couch-lock and body high any day but these plants offer so much more. I want to harvest energy. Any suggestions are welcome and will be received in the spirit given. Growers have a common goal, we each want to harvest the physical, mental and spiritual powers of cannabis so they can be used to promote overall well-being for the long suffering.

Hello Growers,
I'm thinking about harvesting in a few weeks. While I have NO doubt that couch-lock provides relaxation and immediate relief of physical and mental stressors as well as spiritual experiences that promote well being, I am most interested in the energy sativas provide and am not sure of the best time to harvest. Help me, please. My research reveals that when 30% of the pistons are amber and 50% of the tricomes are cloudy I can dry and cure the buds. I intended to take the buds individually but the top colas have formed one large bud so I have to wait. Patience IS a virtue. I never ask God for patience, I KNOW that when other folks do, more trials and tribulations come into their lives so that they can learn to endure patiently. I know that it is required but I have been taught to seek instant gratification. It's the american way. Some of our ways are good and some are not. The primary reason for this grow is to cultivate the healing properties of these amazing plants. I'll take couch-lock and body high any day but these plants offer so much more. I want to harvest energy. Any suggestions are welcome and will be received in the spirit given. Growers have a common goal, we each want to harvest the physical, mental and spiritual powers of cannabis so they can be used to promote overall well-being for the long suffering.

Good grow. Very interesting also. See this link for more info on when to harvest for the high you want.
Pictures on when to harvest: Trichome colours

What's up TLFS ;). Sorry, I didn't intend to come off preachy. Truth is, I want to chop. All that stuff about patience was for me ;/. This is my first successful grow and since I didn't get many responses, I assumed I was talking to myself ;). I did the research, nursed these ladies and will finally get a HARVEST!!! I'm using bagseed, have limited space/lighting and the girls formed buds and frost. I saw the whole thing. It's incredible!!!! I'm waiting for HARVEST time!!!

Good grow. Very interesting also. See this link for more info on when to harvest for the high you want.
Pictures on when to harvest: Trichome colours

Thanks for the link Mike ;) I read it before. The pics are excellent!! I don't have a magnifying glass ;/. My girls are young and doing a mating dance for a male that doesn't exist (may he rest in peace). Based on my research, if I let them go too long they will produce a body high. Because I'm using bagseed (I know produced energy otherwise I would've tossed the seeds) I don't KNOW for sure whether the girls are more sativa than indica but based on my research sativa grows tall and the buds grow between the nodes. So I'm thinking they are more sativa than indica. Indica buds grows close together and produce couch lock/body high and sleep (which believe me when I tell You serves its purpose) but I want to harvest the energy produced in a head high. My girls are still young, the pistons on my plants are about 20 percent amber and there is frost. I tested the lower buds that I air dried. They weren't harsh, produced a head high and didn't smell like grass. The top colas just aren't there yet. I've made up my mind to wait until the girls say it's time :). Pics don't do the girls justice (I'm using my phone) but I will post them soon.

Hello Growers,

One clone produced roots!!!!! The others died :( (may they rest in peace). Thank you little girl for rooting!!!!! One seed that I planted (for FIMing and Topping purposes) sprung up but is growing much more slowly than the girls did. Maybe its a boy!!! I've been thinking about it and the head high I'm trying to cultivate was received from plants that seeded. I need a boy and more space. I'll seed some the next grow.

Another clone takes roots!!!!! It was taken during the flowering stage. I clipped it on a 45 degree angle and put it in tap water. It took about a week to form roots. Here are the pics.
DSC_01446.jpg
DSC_01455.jpg
DSC_01465.jpg
DSC_01474.jpg

Back
Top Bottom