Dr Bob Says Alakazam While Eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights

Dr Bob

Hello everyone! Time to get a proper journal up and going here and share the craziness. First, I want to call out a huge thank you to :420: and this community. I have been growing a long time but never with the quality I have had after finding this place. Thanks! For a real intro to me and all that kinda fun stuff, I followed proper forum protocol and created and intro over in Introductions. Come say "Howdy" when you get a chance! I have a comfy couch over there.

Dr Bob finally gets around to saying HI after lurking forever in the corner

Now on to business.

First lets talk strains. We have on hand:
Seedmaker's Alakazam
Description from Seedmakers: "Varieties from where Alakazam emerges are hybrids indica-sativa, but with quick flowering, indicas air and dense and resin buds. Perfect for indoor, because of its robust form, high production and super dense buds. Sweet flavour and deep smell. Flowering 60 days."
LAWOMAN.png

Delicious Northern Lights Blue
Description from Delicious Seeds: "Northern Light Blue is the result of crossing our own special Northern Light mother with an original clone of DJ Short's authentic Blueberry. It gives us a strain with exceptional qualities, fine-tuning two of the world's most famous indicas."
NothernLightsBlue.png

Delicious Caramelo
Description from Delicious Seeds: "From a spectacular selection combining Lavender's finest Indica and Sativa traits ( SUPER SKUNK — BIG SKUNK KOREAN — AFGHANI-HAWAIIAN ), comes a strain with exceptional characteristics and boasting great genetic diversity owing to its Hawaiian, Afghan, Colombian and Mexican roots."
Caramelo.png

All seeds got the 24 hour soak in filtered water, then were planted directly in Solo cups (red, very important) and then kept under Solo Cup greenhouses (blue translucent, even more important). They were placed in my tent that had other fun things going on just to keep em warm until I saw sprout. Then immediately they went into the seedling chamber; two cfls on a shelf. Pretty fancy. Have a pic!
SANY01271.JPG

These babies have been doing great and are now ready for 1 gallon containers. That is actually happening today so we can get to updates right away.

This is going to be a fun ride with new LED lights on the way now, changing from 400 MH/HPS. My first attempt at a SCROG. Really my first real push at lots of topping and bending. Running Pro-Mix BX right now for the seedlings and have FF Trio for ferts along with Brer Rabbit. All this inside a 2x4x7 tent so she's a going to be crowded.

So I am going to need your help on this one folks. Bend me, twist me, super crop me for all I care, you won't hurt my feelings. Just come and comment often, make jokes, have fun. :Namaste:

Re: Dr Bob says "Alakazam" eating Delicious Caramelo in Northern Lights.

:welcome: DocBob, you found the best site, for information from top growers of every method!:high-five:

right, i confirm that Trichomes and had huge benefits after reading and talking with peeps around here.
lovely sharing site for knowledges, skills and growers-friendship.
you'll never be lonely in 420Mag.

about the leds panel, which one have you order please?
i'm looking to buy one myself later after summer, but don't know which one as they are so many and i don't really know what technical specs a good panel should have. thanx Dr.
Ciao.

Re: Dr Bob says "Alakazam" while eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights.

Hello. Im subbed up see what you can do. As far as autos go you shouldnt top them due to the short length of time and it will negatively effect the yield at the end. Althought I am still learning about autos so I may be wrong there . Anyways good luck.

Re: Dr Bob says "Alakazam" while eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights.

Best of luck switching to LED & the upcoming SCROG, sense of humor is a huge plus here, you'll love it!

you should take a look at this flux-method in the green link below, this guy wins "plant of the month" frequently with this technique! :peace:

Light Addict's Quick Guide To Fluxing - Featuring The Original Flux!

:welcome: DocBob, you found the best site, for information from top growers of every method!:high-five:

That is so true. I checked out the "other" sites and ran into the usual internet bullying and nasty behavior. Then found this place and I have never bothered to look anywhere else since. I don't even search for MJ info anymore without :420mag afterwards. It is just a waste of time.
And thanks for joining here. I have read your threads and posts and they are awesome. Truly sticky indeed.

right, i confirm that Trichomes and had huge benefits after reading and talking with peeps around here.
lovely sharing site for knowledges, skills and growers-friendship.
you'll never be lonely in 420Mag.

about the leds panel, which one have you order please?
i'm looking to buy one myself later after summer, but don't know which one as they are so many and i don't really know what technical specs a good panel should have. thanx Dr.
Ciao.

I have a small space as you know (4'x2'x7') and was trying to replace 400w of light. In the end, after reading tons of info on here, I went with TOPLED and Sara their rep. I did 3 units of the 48x3w reflector panels. More on these to come when they actually show up.

Hello. Im subbed up see what you can do. As far as autos go you shouldnt top them due to the short length of time and it will negatively effect the yield at the end. Althought I am still learning about autos so I may be wrong there . Anyways good luck.

You have that right for sure. Don't do anything to slow down an Auto, even transplants can have an effect on those babies. They are fun, but test your patience in caring for them. I doubt I will do many in the future except when I have a long veg going and have a spot to toss one in for giggles. Topping a auto would seem to be a very bad plan.

:thumb:

Just about to head out and do some transplanting into 1G pots. Time to get to work!

Best of luck switching to LED & the upcoming SCROG,

you should take a look at this flux-method in the green link below, this guy wins "plant of the month frequently with this technique! :peace:

Light Addict's Quick Guide To Fluxing - Featuring The Original Flux!

Thanks for the link. I need to dig through and see how much veg time he is going on those to see if I can do it on this or the next grow. I actually have a bit of a timeline to get this grow out as I have visitors coming this summer and want to have some good stuff on hand. So it leaves me with 45 days or so to veg before I need to make a switch. That 45 days started 9 days ago or so. So it may be topping this round, then go full Marquis de Sade on those girls. Light Addict has an LED journal I am on now and he sure does do amazing work.

i'M DOING MY FIRST ONE NOW, I agree, veg time w autos too short to do this

P301_flux.jpg

Very nice indeed. Those fluxed plants make incredible bushes under flower. I may have to do those next up. Time to pick strains for that experiment. Love getting months ahead of myself with great ideas from people. :reading420magazine:

EDIT: Love those wires and plant protectors for your plant. Great idea. I have been using yarn and clips.

:popcorn:

:laughtwo: How's day 2 DocB, I see you found some good journals to watch! When do the new LEDs come? :peace:

Now that is just too easy a transition to my latest update. Thank you sir!

Got the news that my 3 LED panels should be processed today and I will let everyone know when they show up. Can't wait for those babies that's for sure.

I did find a number of fantastic journals to subscribe to recently. Keeping up is like playing "Wack a Mole" at Shakeys Pizza! Way fun and new stuff keeps popping up.

In the garden today we had come to a time of transition. To new pots that is. I could see the Caramelo slow down and not look too happy in the last couple days and sure enough she had already filled the bottom of the solo. Some pics always help don't you think? Here is the Caramelo just before the move.
SANY01592.JPG

Here is the family after the move.
SANY01741.JPG

SANY0182.JPG

Northern Lights Blue
SANY0183.JPG

Alakazam
SANY01841.JPG

They are looking pretty nice and are at the 4th node. Plan is to top them in a couple days when 5 is visible enough for a shaky handed doc to cut the right thing. Normally I would have jumped at this point to a 2G or larger, but my main tent is taking longer to finish than expected so these are staying under CFL for likely another couple weeks. So I had to modify my seedling area to support the larger pots but only 1Gs were in the cards. Hey, an extra transplant ain't going to hurt and may actually help.

Thank everyone for joining in to watch this adventure in growing for me. I need peer pressure to keep me in line sticking with the scrog and topping/LST plans. I have a bad habit of just letting things do their thing. My garden tends to look like that episode of Dr Who where the plants threatened to take over the planet. Time to get things under control. :bigblush:

:Namaste:

Oh cool your a actual dr then. Your plants are starting out nicely. No stretch and strong stems good work

Im growing from bagseed and a lot of people have told me they look like northern lights crossed with something so I am curious to see what your northern lights look like as grown ladies.

Oh cool your a actual dr then. Your plants are starting out nicely. No stretch and strong stems good work

I have a dirty secret on getting really good strong stems. The "nearly useless for all other purposes" fan you can see in the group and NLB pics above. This fan looks way huge to have that close to my seedlings but it barely does anything but gently move them. I end up with huge bases on all my plants. I would hate it if that fan died.

:thanks:

I love popcorn! How's about a big ole kernal of some LA Woman?
SANY01631.JPG

She just keeps swelling on me. Actually I thought this one was going to be a total fail early on with an extreme stretch under a bad lighting situation (kinda like the one I am pulling now in the seedling room but without the good lighting with the CFLs.). Now she is looking to be a good producer with nice looking buds and a pretty nang nice top.

Here is a group shot of the craziness right now. About to come down though, it is already yummy (testing in process right now: :bongrip:)
SANY0123.JPG

Here is some of the side buds. This is actually from about a week ago. These have since swelled again.
SANY01171.JPG

So this is what is keeping my seedlings from heading tent side. But it is actually all good, these will finish with the HPS and when they are done the lights will come down, LEDs go up, and the journal can go on in style under pretty pink lights.

Well wishes to my :420: family. Dr Bob.
;)

I like pretty pink lights.....:circle-of-love:

Me too, and for now I have to go look at all your pics for my fix! But, they are on the way so hip, hip, hurray!

So this is were the Doc is documenting his work.lol
Nice start.I'm in.:thumb:

It is an honor to have you along. Would you like a brownie?

I just noticed you have another journal I have not subbed in your sig, the Re-Up. Time to go get in there! Any feedback welcome on this end for sure.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom