Another Poor Man's Grow!

The420Dude

Hello 420 community! The420Dude here to show those of you with little to no money, to invest in your grow, how to get it done the poor man's way. This method will cost less than $15 for the average person depending on what you may have already.
You'll need;
1.Cardboard box
2.Cfl lights
3.Reflecting material/flat white paint
4.Old lamps
5.Something to plant your seeds in
6.Seeds. Im using some unknown mid seeds and some f1 hybrids from some unknown strains I bread
7.Soil. Im using Schultz premium potting soil. Miracle Grow works fine too. The pros say stay away from these soils because of the slow release nutes but remember this is a budget grow. The soils work fine you just can't control the feedings and therefore your not getting the "full potential" of the plant. You'll still get good bud!!!
8.Patients

It shouldn't take a genius to put the grow box together so I won't put instructions on how to just look at my pics. I germinate my seeds in a cup of water for 24hours in a dark warm place like in a small box in the grow room. Then when they crack I place a paper towel on a butter bowl lid and damp it then I place the seeds on the paper towel. Next I place a paper towel on the seeds then damp it.Now place the bowl on the lid upside down like a dome. Leave in a warm place for 24hours. Now the seeds should be ready to plant.Quick tip on reflecting material; the dollar store has the sun blockers for your car and they work great. Again it shouldn't take science to plant the seeds. Only thing different in my method is "take root" its a rooting hormone I dip the seed in before planting it. I think it gives the root system a little boost but its not a proven method just what I do. After planting I usually have seedling in 2-4 days.

Now its all about caring for your babies. Again everyone has their own methods and beliefs. So I advise you do some hardcore research on caring for cannabis seedlings. The basics though, good lighting, 18-24hours of light a day, warm temps 72°-82° is perfect, humid atmosphere 48%-70% is ok I think double check just incase, and good air flow. You want fresh air in and hot used air out. I cut holes in the top of the box since heat rises and I have a fan in the front opening of the box. The fan also helps the plant develop a stronger stem so just a gentle breeze not so hard it blows the plants over. AND NEVER OVER WATER YOUR SEEDLINGS!!! When you water you seedlings feel the pots weight then when the soil looks crusted over feel your pots weight again. If it feels way lighter than when you watered it wait another day then water UNLESS YOUR PLANT IS DROOPING!!

Now a lighting tip!! When using CFLs, you can get your plants as close as 2-3 inches. This gives you maximum lighting and prevents your seedlings from stretching.

My set up:
20140312_004145.jpg
20140312_004154.jpg
20140312_004205.jpg
20140312_132858.jpg
20140312_133207.jpg
20140312_133223.jpg
20140312_133231.jpg
20140312_135305.jpg
20140312_143612.jpg

:Namaste:

Its day 2 (day 4 from germ) and its already a promising start. 2 out of the 4 "Unknown Strain" and 2 of the 5 "F1 Strain" have broken the dirt this morning. This is the fastest grow rate I've ever seen. I planted yesterday morning!?!? N E WAY... I just gave the garden a little mist and will be gone most of the day. Pics when I return!!!:Namaste:

Hey my camera was dead when I got home but its all charged now and all seedlings have popped and are off to a great start. I have place plastic bags over the cups to act as a humidity dome since I can't seem to raising the humidity in my grow box. Humidity is a major need for fresh seedlings the first 10 days. With no more delays, pics!
20140313_224611.jpg
20140314_110153.jpg
20140314_110114.jpg

Thanks for stopping in SABO. Its always nice to here from fellow 420ers. Now my plan here is to keep everything nice and compact. In the meantime I will be looking for a mother to continue growing out for future clones. For now though I will be leaving all ten plants in the cups they're in and in the same grow box. My goal is to show people who need there meds how to get them without spending hundreds of dollars, that they might not have, on growing equipment. This is the "Its better than nothing!" way. And in some ways its better than the "It's better than nothing!" way! They still get good bud that's better than the so called "mid grade" bs that you get from your cousin lol. Once they have this method down I will then show them how they can get it at least every 45-60 day in a constant flow by using the "see of green" method. I will demonstrate with the clone in my garden once its well rooted.

No problem, I'm sort of interested in this because I have a buddy who I am growing for, along with some of my plants. He doesn't need much, but it does take up extra space. If I could fit smaller cups between my plants, this would help me out a little.

Subscribed.

Well I would say this is a definite way to get just as much bud as you would get off any two or even three plant grow but in way less time and using way less space. The more you invest the more you get out, so this works even better for those that have more too invest. Remember though this is a method that's easy for people with little to no money to invest and those are the ones like me that I want to help. Don't get me wrong, I welcome you and all other 420ers (Expert and Nube) to enjoy the grow action and hit me with any questions or advice!!:ganjamon: I love to help everyone and also learn any new knowledge I can! Like I say, "Give a man a bud and he smokes for a day! Teach a man to grow bud and he smokes for a lifetime!!!":Namaste:

Great, Thanks. I guess I am more interested in the space & I guess the costs also. My Buddy doesn't have much, so I help him out as much as I can. I don't expect anything from him, but if I can incorporate some things from this journal, it'll help me out saving a little cash & space.

Quick newborn seedling care tip; A newborn seedling, like a baby, is at its most vanerable point in its life. Like all babies, they need specific things to start a strong healthy life. Seedlings need steady temps and high humidity as their atmosphere. For the first few days 80°F and 100% humidity is perfect. A cheap and easy way to achieve this atmosphere is to get a dollar box of fold over ziplock bag. Take a single bag and place it over the seedling and now you have a dome! It works better if you give them a light mist before putting the "dome" on and also if you seal it by placing a string or rubberband around the bag where it hanges over the cup. REMEMBER they do still need fresh air so remove the dome about twice a day and give them some fresh air for 5-10 mins. After three days poke 3 small holes in the bag allowing the humidity to lower a little bit. Then after another 3days poke 2 more holes in the bag to allow the humidity to lower a little more. This method is preparing the seedling for life outside the dome where humidity should be 45-60% for veg. After about ten days the seedling should be ready for life outside the dome. CAUTION!!!! Plastic and heat don't mix its a fire hazard so be sure to keep the lights at least 4-7 inches from the lights and further if your not using led or CFL lighting.

I have a couple of questions, What type of yield do you think you are going to get out of the 1st 10 plants? How long are you going to Veg? Are you going to space out the harvesting of the plants and then introduce your clones to make it a perpetual grow?

Great, Thanks. I guess I am more interested in the space & I guess the costs also. My Buddy doesn't have much, so I help him out as much as I can. I don't expect anything from him, but if I can incorporate some things from this journal, it'll help me out saving a little cash & space.
Get out your ganja goggles and let's start saving money, space, and time! :ganjamon:

I have a couple of questions, What type of yield do you think you are going to get out of the 1st 10 plants? How long are you going to Veg? Are you going to space out the harvesting of the plants and then introduce your clones to make it a perpetual grow?

It depends on how many females I turn out with but ill be looking at about 10-16 grams a plant. After i get a mother i plan on doin about 15 clones a grow. That 150 grams at 10 grams a plant. I wil veg theses 9 for 3-4 weeks then flower till they are ready. Since these are all unknown strains I'm not sure how long it will take until the are done flowering. With the clones I will only veg 7days after they are well rooted then flower them all the same time. I will harvest by using the trichome color method. I will flower the original 9 plants at the same time and keep the chosen mother in veg. Then I will clone her and start perpetual from there. This will give her time to grow more clones before I harvest the first batch.

I'll still follow this grow, just curious to see how it develops.

Im happy that you're interested and I can't wait to update in a week with beautiful pics! :Namaste: In the meantime, ill be here to answer any questions or listen to any potential advice that could make this subject of growing cheaper and/or more efficient. Anything that can help me help the less fortunate! And the cheap asses! Lol:biglaugh:

Back
Top Bottom