Welcome

GoldMouf

Hey what's going on growers. This is my journal to my first grow. Excited but nervous at the same time. So here goes nothing. Feb. 10 I planted some "bag of seeds" that I have been collecting for the longest. Somewhere deep down I've always wanted to grow my own. Glad I didn't try because I would have had straight dirt weed. Because from what I've learned over the last 7months I had no idea it was an science when I started collecting seeds.

I built a box out of a tub that I learned from the DIY section of :420: I plant 3 soil plants in there (I'll show pics of it later). In the meantime of building the box I put together a budget to afford an BubbleBoy set-up. My plant were doing fine until I tried to transport 1 of them into the BubbleBoy once I received it. (Bad decision) After I washed all the dirt from the roots I thought it was ok until next day it was completely dead. The other 2 that I had in soil I didn't transplant them because the first 1 didn't go so well.

I forgot to mention I also ordered a seed pack from the good people at Herbies. With the BubbleBoy up & running I decided to give my bought seeds a try. Originally I wanted to plant the bag of seeds just to see what I would come up with & to let that be as an practice run. The seed strain that I ordered is "Big Bud" & Royal Queen Skunk. They also sent a few free seeds. So now I have 2 soil plants left well 1 because yesterday 1 of them was an male. They have been in veg state for at least 6weeks & I could tell that it was an male. I will show pics of it also. I know I'm skipping over a lot but I'm just trying to put all together for you guys. Bear with me.

The nutrients that I'm using is an GH FloraSeries PerformancePack that I bought of eBay. From the study I've been doing the nutes will be just fine for me. But being new to this I've bought other nutrients that I probably don't or didn't need.

My set-up is an 7ft tall 5ft wide tent. I have 4in inline fan with T5 lights that HTG tricked me into buying but that's another story. I have two 6in fan blowing inside of tent. I also have an carbon filter to go with the 4in inline fan.

Ok growers that's what I have, I know my journal don't come close to the 1's I've read but I hope to get help & make some cool forum friends in the process. Smoke good & peace :Namaste:

Come back to drop a few pics. Really sorry about them being sideways. I'll get it.
image8498.jpg

This is the 1 I figured to be an male...

Those have been in the BubbleBoy for 8days. I also have 1 BOS left that's in soil. For some reason I think this plant is gonna be ok. It's been thru a lot but I have faith in her for some reason. She keeps on ticking
image8513.jpg
image8487.jpg

Welcome to :420: . GoldMouf,
Post daily and u'll get some answers:nomo:. This is the best place to start growing green :yummy:.
Look close to the stem , the males have balls (haha, it kills me everytime :laugh:) just under the pointy things ( I do not know what there called , but females do not have any lumps ( hopefully somebody can clear this up for u).
Ur ladies look good .There will be alot of opions on Nutes:morenutes: but use the K.I.S.S and it will grow.Keep posting . I'll hang out :byebye::geek:
U need to add ur signature for ur journal. Hopefully the King will drop by ( He know his stuff). he got me set up.
Enjoy & Welcome
J

Hey bud im subbed up and here to help. Glad you decided to make a journal. From what I see in the tallest plant I cant tell the sex yet as I dont believe it is indicating yet. Also in veg ive found the only ones that do indicate are females. I may be wrong but that has been my experience as I search my plants pretty intensely. Yeah switching from soil to hydro seems like a no no to me but it does seem like you could switch from hydro to soil fairly easily although that could put a lot of stress on a plant and cause it to switch sex altogether or at least hermaphrodite.

Do you know how to create the link to your journal in your signature? The reason this is done is so people can find your journal very easy since the link is posted at the bottom of every post you make so you leave your mark in every journal you visit. That is how most people will come to your journal.

Hey thanks a lot really appreciate the feed back. Yes I will post everyday no problem. I figured what the hell Joe, sometimes you just want to have a little clarity about things being secure. I still don't know how to put it in my signature. But I'll work on it. Hey MZXSDi600 what is K.I.S.S

To put your journal into your signature what you want to do is go to your journal and copy the address bar. Next go to the control panel to view your profile. From there click edit signature on the right side of the screen and then paste your journal web address by clicking paste. Then save it and you are good to go

I understand your apprehensions about not wanting to start a journal for privacy and all of that but it really is the easiest possible way for folks to see your grow and to help you when you need it without rummaging around the forums . This site is very secure and trust me noone is gonna go to facebook and type goldmouf to see what they get and if they go to a search engine and type goldmouf it will most likely bring them right to here anyways.

Ok I got a confession to make: I do not understand this ppm thing. I ordered a ph meter from Amazon but I haven't recieved it yet which sucks because I bought that over a month ago. I test my ph with the liquid & paper chart. Seem to be pretty good but I really want is that ph meter. I do have an ppm meter. What I don't understand about is how do you bring it up or down if needed? Lucky from what my GH FloraSeries chart says I'm in good range. It says for the 2nd week to be between 1000-1200total ppm. I just went & checked & my ph is good & ppm is 1108. Again how to up or down with ppm??

How are my little babies doing? Their only 8 days old, should they be bigger?
image8626.jpg

And here is the last of 3 bag of seeds soil plants that's left. I believe it had a stunt growth after I transplanted to bigger pot but she seems to hold on. Any advice on her would be appreciated. Thanks
image8627.jpg

ppm or parts per million is the number of nutriton you are giving your plants. I start seedlings at around 200-400 and move up to 1600 by the time I flip to 11/13 at that time I start a gradual switch to flowering nutrients and start to leave out nutrients high in nitrogen. Once actual flowering develops(start after 2 weeks of preflower) by then I am in full flowering foods rich in potassium and phosphorus. Towards the end I give a finisher and a additional nutrient which adds a extra wave of buds and then a week or 2 before finish I start with more sweet nutrients and then a flush. The idea is towards the end of flowering you want to reduce the ppm after about week 4 of flowering some people go a bit longer before dropping but I find a steady rise and steady drop instead of rapid fluctuations are better for the plants.

I dont know to much about hydro but the way you would do that is to buy nutrients. Synthetic nutrients are what you need as organic nutrients in a hydro setup will cause a gunk buildup and eventually smell and cause lots of issues for you.

Back
Top Bottom