Jamaican Pipe Dream + Columbian Gold Grow

justabluez

This will be my first 420 Grow Journal. This is my 3rd Grow. I'm still a newby trying to learn from the Grow Masters out there.

My 2nd Grow was the following:
1. Barney's Acapulco Gold.
2. Snowhigh Pipe Dream (Acapulco Gold X C99 X Blue Dream)
3. G13 Cinderella 99
4. Eva Jamaican Dream
5. Dinafem Sweet Deep Grapefruit.

My Pipe Dream ended up being a male, so I pollenated all the other strains to make some seeds. This is how I
got the Jamaican Pipe Dream (Jamaican Dream X Pipe Dream). I got some World of seeds Columbian Gold fem seeds, so I will run the Columbian Gold (CG) with the Jamaican Pipe Dream (JPD). If the JPD ends up being a male, then I will make some (JPD) X (CG) seeds.

Currently the JPD is about 6 weeks old: The CG is almost 5 weeks.

Here is the Jamaican Pipe Dream (JPD). Popped out of dirt 2/21/14. 6 weeks old on 4/4/14
jpd_40114.jpg

Here is the World of Seeds Columbian Gold (CG) Popped out of dirt 2/28/14. 5 weeks old on 4/14/14
cg_40114.jpg

I will continue the VEG until the (CG) catches up with the (JPD).

I just finished running a Jamaican Dream and her clones. That's a Very nice strain. It'll be interesting to see how it crosses with the Pipe Dream.

:thumb:

Graytail, I checked out your Jamaican Dream's, and your perpetual grow. I want to be like you when I grow up!!!!! I can only hope my JPD turns out half as good as yours!!! I topped both plants today, and I'll probably VEG them for a couple more weeks. So far so good. Both plants are still green....not showing any deficiencies yet!!!

JPD and CG have both been topped a few days ago. I still don't know the sex of JPD yet, but it is getting bushy. The CG is growing slow. I can only VEG for 1 more week, so that I can be done around mid june.

Here is the JPD at 6 weeks VEG
jpd_w6_40414.jpg

Here is the CG at 5 weeks VEG
cg_w5_40414.jpg

Pretty decent. What lights do you use? I ask because I see a whole lot more stretching. If you can I would advise lowering those lights a bit. The plants are a good size for the time but there isnt as many nodes and leaves as there should be and lowering the light may help to that end.

SmokerJoe: I use a 400W MH for VEG. Its in a cool tube, and its about 5 inches from the TOP of the plant. I don't think I can get the light any closer. I'm using a couple CFLs for side light. The JPD has about 7 or 8 nodes on it. Most of the nodes are no more than 1 1/2 inch apart. Also, the JPD is about 13 inches tall. The CG is growing slow, and its only about 6-7 inches tall. On the JPD, there seems to be about 12 or so heads so far - 2 on each node. Also, I topped the JPD last week. Should be fully recovered by next week.

Sounds great! Having your light so close without burning will do wonders for those plants. The spacing of your nodes seems very good as well. Nice spacing

I'm almost ready to switch to flowering mode. CG is still lagging behind the JPD. The JPD is bushy. I still have not confirmed if its a female yet.

Here is the JPD at a little over 6 weeks:
jpd_w7_40714.jpg

Here is the JPD spacing:
jpd_spacing_40714.jpg

Here is the CG at a little over 5 weeks:
cg_w6_40714.jpg

I changed the light cycle today. Tomorrow will be the first day of 12/12. Hopefully the JPD is a female!!! The CG is starting to fill out a bit more - even though its only about 8-9 inches tall. The JPD is about 14-15 inches. When I put my Jamaican Dream into flower, it was only about 5-6 inches, and it ended up about 20 inches or so.

Well good luck hope they turn out female. Being that small does it take them longer to show? Mine take longer to show if I flower to small.

Thanks SmokerJoe. So far, I don't see any balls on the JPD, so that's a good sign. The CG is kind of small, but we will see what it does when it flowers. I've heard a lot of good about the World of Seeds Columbian Gold.

I also switched to 400 W HPS bulb. I did a stupid thing. I pulled the MH bulb out when it was still hot with oven mitten. The bulb was still hot, and I sat it on the floor in the tent. It burned the bottom of the tent, and the residue got on my MH bulb. Dumb of me....Hopefully I will be able to clean the crap off the bulb and still use it....So that was a valuable lesson... Let the bulb COOL DOWN first!!!

Well thats a first for that issue. Cant say I ever heard of that happening. I just hope you didnt ruin your bulb. Even still they arent very expensive for what they do its worth it. Hope you get the plastic off the bulb. Does your tent have a hole in it now?

JPD and CG have been flowering for a few days. Both plants have a fruity smell. JPD almost smells like a blueberry watermelon candy. CG smells like a citrus-lemon kind of smell....Both are growing and have started their initial stretch. CG looks like it might not get that big. JPD looks like it might put on some size.

Here is an update photo of both:
jpd_cg_41414.jpg

Back
Top Bottom