Peyton's Sour Sky Hempy Grow 2014

PeytonManning

Alrighty, it's my first journal so I will apologize now if something ain't right. A friend of mine bought an ounce of sour sky in Denver last year and I found a couple seeds in there. Started off with 3, two males later and here we are

sour skywalker bag seed
3 gallon hempy bucket
Lucas formula with gh micro and bloom
water everyday full strength
Mars II 400 led
Topped and lst'd
Vegged for 35 days under a few 23 watt cfl's
flipped 12/12 on 1 APR 14
Day temps 75 to 84 degrees
night temps 63 to 68 degrees

I have a screen over it, but it's not a true scrog by any means. When I put it into flower I got sick of constantly adjusting the hangers I used to train it. I placed the screen over, pulled all the hangers and spread that lady out. During stretch I just kept pushing them under and into next slot. When lower smaller buds started coming up, I pushed the screen down a little harder to level the bigger ones with them. At 14 days into the flip, I went in and did a hardcore defoliation. Five days later you can barely tell. They're getting hairy and the stretch is over, so now I'm just counting the days. Haven't had a single deficiency or problem with this grow, so I think whatever I'm doing is working. I'll post pics soon here of what they look like. Any questions feel free to ask, and I don't mind constructive criticism.

IMG_20140416_145619_noexif.jpg

IMG_20140417_092104_noexif.jpg
IMG_20140417_152905_noexif.jpg
IMG_20140419_160106.jpg

I'm gonna keep trying to tuck them leaves under as it grows out, but will probably defol again around day 45. Anyone out there grow sour skywalker? Just wondering about how long till I can reap the benefits of this grow. And I'm thinking for next grow either doing 2 c99 or a holy grail kush and pineapple chunk. Thoughts? Let me know what you guys want to see grown.

Was messing around in box, went to lift the plant about half an inch to adjust base fan and split the stem to dead center about half an inch down. Went ahead and grabbed my wire and quickly twisted it around and pulled the split back together. Hoping I didn't damage it and stress it too much. Guess I'll find out sometime tomorrow.

Yeah it's just one plant in there. The screen is 24 inches by 22 inches. I was pretty glad when the other two plants turned out to be male, cause it was tight enough before the stretch. I was hoping to be able to fit two plants in there, but don't think it's possible. But then again, the screen is pressed down as far as it could possibly go without splitting it... Which I did accidentally earlier

If you were to look straight down the center of the plant from top, it split perfectly right there where it was topped. The stem is hard as a rock and probably a solid half inch in diameter. The stem is super thick from top to bottom, so I'm hoping for the best. When it split, it sounded like a damn tree cracking

Thanks. I figured I would go nuts on this plant, and hoping it pays off. They are right about growing being more addictive than smoking. I only wish I could have a bigger space to grow more now. Got a bunch of great seeds waiting on deck. Good luck with this grow, I'll be watching and chiming in. Being a stay at home dad has its advantages that's for sure

Well she passed her checkup today. She didn't seem to notice anything happened. Only difference from any other day is she seemed to drink more water than usual overnight.

Went ahead and gave her a light defoliation today. Trying to keep good circulation under screen and uncovered a few more bud sites. Never seem to notice much change in the plant till I flip through daily photos and see the difference.

me too! it's a bag seed plant so it wouldn't crush me to lose it, but I would hate to have wasted two months. I'm just wondering how long I should wait to sprout my next seed. and still don't know which one to grow next. pineapple chunk, holy grail kush, c99... just can't decide

I'm growing pineapple chunk for my first grow. It seems like a hardy plant.

Nice grow going. I wouldn't worry about the split stem much. Sometimes supercropping will cause this and the plant doesn't seem to mind. Also, I've seen people drive a stake into the stem attempting to cause the plant to fear for it's death, thus producing as much resin as possible. Dunno if it's true, but it shows the plant will at least survive that kind of trauma.

it would be nice if it ups the resin on the plant. I've always been wary of supercropping, worried I'd break the plant to death. I picked up the PC seeds cause I know I heard of people pulling some great yields and it being really potent. think I will do that for next grow.

Hola Peytonmanning. Bummer about that superbowl dude. But hey, at least you're here now and the therapy has been working. :thumb:

I'm on my second hempy grow and it just so happens I'm running pineapple chunk. Today is day 35 from seed (link in sig).

++reps on the journal. More people than you may ever see will learn from it, and it's not only appreciated, but fun. I gave up console gaming and masturbating when I started growing. :)

Gov

Yeah, that game was a real butt burner, but I got heavily medicated after that first play. I will definitely be heading over to your grow. Can't help but love the simplicity of hempy. Should be a fun grow for both of us, can't wait to see what you got going so I know what to expect. My Xbox became a media player a long time ago, and hasn't even been plugged in for a year now. My kid and growing take all my time now.

I think once this weekend is over I might get out the old Rubbermaid veg tote, pop a cfl in there and get a seed germinated. I'll save my c99 for winter grow since they're supposed to not smell so much. After seeing that pineapple chunk in hempy, I want to get that going. Damn, holy grail kush or pineapple chunk... my own Sophie's choice here

Back
Top Bottom