Cynical Roots First Indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed & OG Kush

CynicalRoots

This is my first real attempt at a indoor grow. I am new to this site and to growing, but hopefully with a few helping hands, i can produce some quality plants and learn new things along the way.

Seeds: 3 OG Kush, and 7 bagseed. Germinated via paper towel method
Medium: soil MG Potting Mix
Lighting: 4' T5HO 4 bulb and 6 T8 bulbs on wall horizontally. All 6500k
Grow Room: Custom built box 6.5' X 6 X 2.5. Has a Window AC supplying cool air and fan inside.
Temp: 77 Day 68 Night
Relative Humidity: 48%
Photoperiod: 18/6

Thank you to anyone and everyone who stops by. I appreciate any advice given and accept healthy criticism.

Re: Cynical Roots First indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed and OG Kush

20140414_093920.jpg

this is the box i built for this grow

You will see in one of the following pics how i have the T8 bulbs mounted to the wall for additional light once they get taller. I do not use them currently, but once i transplant they may become useful.

20140429_070238.jpg
20140427_234726.jpg
20140427_234540.jpg
20140427_234637.jpg
20140427_144253.jpg
20140427_234514.jpg

Two of the plants seem to have deformities but i will let them grow and see what happens.

Day 11. So as i looked at the shrubbery in my make shift closet today i feel that i have nitrogen deficiency. The leaves look lighter than the usual very rich green, and some have some spots on them. any suggestions? I wasn't planning on starting nutes this early, but looks like i am going to have to. Any suggestions for a all in one organic fert? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

20140429_192718_1_.jpg
20140429_192723_1_.jpg
20140429_192728_1_.jpg
20140429_192737_1_.jpg
20140429_192755_1_.jpg
20140429_192953_1_.jpg
20140429_193108_1_.jpg

Today i made a 1/4 strength fox farm grow big mix and fed. So hopefully i can get them looking better. I am also going to ditch the MG potting mix. Any opinions on using a nutrient free soil so i can better measure what is being fed with ferts alone?
:welcome:every thing looking good:thumb::goodjob: i grow in coco it brings nothing nute wise but it does dry out every 12 hours or so but i havent had any probs so far and im 4weeks away from the end of my 1st grow.:Namaste::peace:

Techy's Critical Mass Stealth LED Grow

looking good,I like your built cabinet

I cant recommend a good soil,AS i dont run it anymore,(hydro guy now) but if you must use MG cut it with 30-40% perlite
have you looked into a supersoil?? just water and go,the entire grow
what is the ph of what your solution??

nice setup man, as far as soil go ive been having the same problems, im actually trying out 3 diff types of soil on my seedling right now to try and find a good medium. ( im unemployed, if i could id go buy fox farms ocean forest, or happy frog soil. i see alot of guys using those.) also i like the chicken wire setup, but i literally dont even have 10$ to my name to go grab the materials to make that, thats why im using the dvds in my grow. it doesnt look good, but it works for me haha

Ph is 6.6 while using distilled (all i use). Using tap it will sometimes be arourd 7.3 (used in beginning. These are with nutes included. Supersoil sounds great except for what if u needed to change strength during the grow?

Grow2s use whatever you got. I am very familiar with the lack of funds for my project. Seems like you got the necessities. Just remember though, soil can play a very important part in health so try to grab something to keep your little girls happy.

Thanks for stopping by

ive had nothing but bad experiences with mg soil, has time release nutes in it so the first few watering your plant gets overloaded and freaks out

I'd suggest to leave the nutes alone at this time and let the MG do what it's supposed to do. You could very possibly be over fertilizing them by using MG soil and then adding nutes to that.

The way they look right now is from the MG soil. I just added nutes today for the first time. So either way the soil isnt working out. Does it look like a burn from my pictures? If so they are gonna be a little more sad after today.

Day 14: I feel that they are growing well besides the nute burn. As you know i added a little Fox Farm nute on top of the already Hot MG potting soil. I decided to transplant in a completely neutral soil to battle the burn. They will probably get a little worse but should quickly make a full recover. By seeing the roots, i feel like they were reading for a larger container.

I feel as though they have a pretty decent root system.
20140502_190555_1_.jpg
20140502_190621_1_.jpg
20140502_191823_1_.jpg
20140502_191836_1_.jpg
20140502_191840_1_.jpg

These will be the ones that get trashed.
20140502_191928_1_.jpg

Some of my best grows ended up being bagseed. Don't just think that because it has no pedigree it isn't worth the extra effort (or did you mean something else??). I'd love to have some viable seeds from my last bagseed grow. I did get like 15 seeds but I don't think they were matured when I harvested them.
Big thumbs up on getting rid of the MG soil and putting them in bigger pots. I think you are well on your way to recovery.

Some of my best grows ended up being bagseed. Don't just think that because it has no pedigree it isn't worth the extra effort (or did you mean something else??). I'd love to have some viable seeds from my last bagseed grow. I did get like 15 seeds but I don't think they were matured when I harvested them.
Big thumbs up on getting rid of the MG soil and putting them in bigger pots. I think you are well on your way to recovery.

Are you talking about the ones im trashing? Im just getting rid of those because i dont have room.otherwise i am happy with bagseed. I dont like using rare seeds found in a bag of good herb since they can carry hermie traits, but i like the mystery of bagseed. And yes i thinl they are gonna do much better now. They are getting older so hopefully they can outgrow the nute burn quickly and they with the neutral soil i can really dial in the perfect amount to keep them happy and healthy.

Thanks for swinging through

Are you talking about the ones im trashing? Im just getting rid of those because i dont have room.otherwise i am happy with bagseed. I dont like using rare seeds found in a bag of good herb since they can carry hermie traits, but i like the mystery of bagseed. And yes i thinl they are gonna do much better now. They are getting older so hopefully they can outgrow the nute burn quickly and they with the neutral soil i can really dial in the perfect amount to keep them happy and healthy.

Thanks for swinging through

Yes, I was talking about the ones you're trashing. I mistakenly assumed they were the bagseed. Sorry.

subscribed.

first thing i thought was "wow, does he even have enough room for all these little friends?" and then i read on and seen you trashed some and i felt awful for the poor friends who were sacrificed for the needs of the many.

they're looking good, keep it up :)

Back
Top Bottom