NOCO - Coco Loco - Tahoe OG - ScrOG - 2014 Grow Journal

NOCO Farmer

I am starting this grow journal for tips and for any help this might serve to anyone one else.

The following information covers my grow:

What strain is it? Tahoe Og (Under a SCROG)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 60% Sativa/40% Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower
If in Flower stage... For how long? Switched to 12/12 hr cycle on 4/29
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor (6'x6'x8' Tent)
Soil or Hydro? Soil (COCO LOCO)
If soil... What size pot? 5 Gallon
Size of light? 600 watt HPS
Is it aircooled? Air-cooled hood
Temp of Room/cab? Between 74'F and 82'F
RH of Room/cab? Between 55% lights on to 32% lights off
PH of media or res? 6.0-6.5
Any Pests ? No Pests
How often are you watering? Every 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics FloraNova

I am open to tips and suggestions that you might think can help or would change about my grow. All information will be accepted with gratitude, but this does not mean i will change anything or use all ideas, but certainly will consider all. I am beginning the 5th week of the 12/12 hr cycle. Girls look beautiful, healthy and strong.

Here is a pic of them as of yesterday.
20140527_004858.jpg
20140527_004806.jpg

Re: NOCO Farmer/COCO LOCO/ Tahoe OG/SCROG/2014 Grow Journal

So I have 2 Tahoe OG girls (#1 & #2) in 12/12 hr cycle for 29 days now. Everything looks good. For the first 3 weeks I followed a water/feed schedule every 4th day. From the fourth week forward I have been watering/feeding on every 3rd day. Last feeding was on the 5/20, I fed:
10ml FloraNova Bloom, 10ml Cali-Mag, 1Ml Floralicious Plus, 5ml Liquid KoolBloom per gallon 3 gal per plant. I had 20% runoff, that i sucked out of run-off tray.
I watered on 5/23 2 Gallons per plant. I decided to skip a feeding on 5/26 and just used pure water (3 gal per plant), due to minor burnt tips and several burnt under grow fan leafs. (When i mention under-grow i am referring to anything under my SCROG). I read on flushing nutrients out of soil every so often to help reduce salts and nutrient build up. My understanding of this method is to run water to get excess runoff that you suck out of run-off tray, removing any extra build ups, is this correct?

So i want to start off with my setup:

My tent was built by me after building one for a friend, which by the way I should thank for getting me motivated and talking me into starting this grow. So thanks PukingPanda.
Tent is 6 feet wide by 6 feet long by 8 feet tall, Inside the tent I have a 600 watt HPS inside a cooled hood. I have a 6 inch Inline fan which sucks air out of my tent through the hood and then out of the house. The inline fan is only on, when the HPS is on. At this time my tent is also open. I have a 18" fan that rotates air through the canopy.

I have two Tahoe OG females under a Scrog, #1 and #2.
The Tahoe OG were veged under a T5 hood with 18/6 hr cycle. They were put into the tent on 4/27 under the HPS. On 4/28 i introduced them to the SCROG.

The SCROG is 4.5' x 4.5', the plants only cover about 4'x4' of the screen. The Scrog was made using PVC pipe.
I want to mention that the Tahoe Og was vegged until it reached about 3 feet. My Scrog is 4 feet tall, at first i wasn't sure i liked it this tall, but now have come to like it, at this height i can easy move under my SCROG to hand water and feed, as well as suck out runoff, clean under scrog, and trimming of under-grow.

My tent is kept clean and no items, including garden tools, water gallons, fan leafs, cuttings, is left in tent. Room is vacuumed up after each watering and feeding. so about every 3 days. (which only takes me about 5 mins so not a hassle at all.)

The Tahoe OG were also topped while they were in Veg. and super cropped. they are stretched out 4'x4' which allowed most of the bottom stems to catch up with the heads. Upper grow is pretty even. when i mention upper grow i am refering anything over the SCROG.

Quick Update:
I am on day 31 of my 12/12 cycle.
#1 & #2 (Tahoe OG)
Over the last 31 days the plants seem to be doing great! They are a gorgeous green with leafs reaching for the light. Its amazing how they tend to follow the light, extending theirs leafs towards the light. this is very noticeable after feedings and watering.
Temps have stayed within 74 degrees to 83 degrees during day, and 68 degrees to 74 degrees at night. the temps are also my max and min for day and night. But for the most part they stay around 78 degrees day and 72 degrees night.
They have been on a feed/water schedule every 4th day. I am feeding/watering based on weight, meaning i am lifting my pots, at this point i can lift and know when they are light and when they are heavy. and when i mean light i mean i am picking them up easy, but still my leafs are not droopy.
Around the 5th day of the 12/12 cycle i started noticing swollen calyx with white pistils. Day 8 Flowers forming everywhere. Plants are also filling in SCROG at this Point, Pulling heads further apart placing them further out in my Scrog. Middle is really starting to grow in as well. catching up quick to the heads. By day 19 you can really start seeing top buds everywhere, also pulling heads out more in the SCROG, and spreading middle colas out as well, exposing smaller branches and colas. By day 26 buds are filling in, and i mean filling in. Day 29 (See pics on first post, they are from this day!) They look great, buds are thickening! I spread out heads out for the last time, allowing light to middle colas which seam to be caught up to the heads by length and size of colas. I really am starting to like the SCROG!

So this brings us to today 31 days in 12/12 cycle of my flowering stage of #1 & #2 Tahoe OG grow!

So today is 31 days since we switched over to the 12/12 hr flowering cycle.
31 days already. Time has actually flew by. I'm excited as i should only have 39 days left. I'm planning on 70 days of flowering but will also make the decision based off trichome clouding vs amber ratio. I'm going for mostly cloudy and few amber as they will continue to turn amber during drying and curing process. At least this is what understand, correct me if i am wrong. I also want to go for the high school high vs stoned couch potato high.

So today that girls look amazing! Buds are starting to fill in, creating like a spiral up the stem, up to the top colas. I also want to mention that i am trimming all under-grow fan leafs. I select by any that are yellow and seem to be falling off anyway. I also cut any fan leafs that have nutrient burn. But i only do about 10 at the most per day, but not everyday. This has helped with controlling under-grow getting too thick. But I am not cutting everything out either, just enough to allow air to circulate through canopy freely. I also try not to cut any upper-grow, what i do instead is tuck large fan leaves under smaller colas which are hiding under these fan leafs or are having trouble reaching through SCROG. Tucking in fans leafs under seems to help these smaller colas receive light but as well as stay up right to reach for the light and grow through SCROG. I have noticed that doing these things I have created a even canopy of colas.

Here are what they looked like today!
20140529_201215_1_.jpg
20140529_200151_1_.jpg
20140529_200140_1_.jpg

Oh yeah one thing that I would recommend is read all you can on strain you are growing, system you will be using, meaning: super cropping , SCROG, etc.. and everything you can relate to your grow. I have been reading allot and have found so much information that has help me keep my grow simple but over efficient this far.

So i want to start off with my setup:

My tent was built by me after building one for a friend, which by the way I should thank for getting me motivated and talking me into starting this grow. So thanks PukingPanda.
Tent is 6 feet wide by 6 feet long by 8 feet tall, Inside the tent I have a 600 watt HPS inside a cooled hood. I have a 6 inch Inline fan which sucks air out of my tent through the hood and then out of the house. The inline fan is only on, when the HPS is on. At this time my tent is also open. I have a 18" fan that rotates air through the canopy.

I have two Tahoe OG females under a Scrog, #1 and #2.
The Tahoe OG were veged under a T5 hood with 18/6 hr cycle. They were put into the tent on 4/27 under the HPS. On 4/28 i introduced them to the SCROG.

The SCROG is 4.5' x 4.5', the plants only cover about 4'x4' of the screen. The Scrog was made using PVC pipe.
I want to mention that the Tahoe Og was vegged until it reached about 3 feet. My Scrog is 4 feet tall, at first i wasn't sure i liked it this tall, but now have come to like it, at this height i can easy move under my SCROG to hand water and feed, as well as suck out runoff, clean under scrog, and trimming of under-grow.

My tent is kept clean and no items, including garden tools, water gallons, fan leafs, cuttings, is left in tent. Room is vacuumed up after each watering and feeding. so about every 3 days. (which only takes me about 5 mins so not a hassle at all.)

The Tahoe OG were also topped while they were in Veg. and super cropped. they are stretched out 4'x4' which allowed most of the bottom stems to catch up with the heads. Upper grow is pretty even. when i mention upper grow i am refering anything over the SCROG.

great job bro. i agree taller plants make it easier to do stuff under her like water and such plus with bigger canopy/scrog you focus all the light on the top buds/cola's. I will have a go at scrog my next flower. My thread here is not 100% i was at another site and when they brought FB into it i was out of there so fast it wasnt funny. I want to be with growers not idiots on FB. I love your setup. My next grow here will be complete. I got a site i am on that are only growers who can grow and have allot of experience. I got in cause of my outdoor grows and i am so lucky since its invite only. I learn allot there and try it then will share it here. so my next grow late sept for flowering maybe early oct will be dialed in with my AIS. I have tried 2 diff line of nutes and each one lacks. I was told to switch to a 2 step version that has the silicon and all minerals and micro also needed. The AIS is a version of hydro and these nutes will keep up with my plant with no salt buildup. so i am excited to start using them. I see you are using the flora line and am excited to see how well they do. I do not see any fan leaves dying. have you had any die yet? your line looks solid. THe line i will be using comes out to $1-1.50 per plant. then my soil mix ect brings the cost to $5 a plant when i buy it in bulk. I am still looking and if this next grow turns out with no leaf dying for me i wont switch. How long have you been using your nute line and more info would be helpful.

and :bravo: i love your sea of cola's.

okay this is what i know for how tric's
50% to 60% cloudy energy high very mellow high perfect for working. you can get baked with 6-8 hits.
60-80% cloudy with a few amber this is a more stoned high and a few extra puffs will bake you 4-6 hits.
80% cloudy with 10-20% amber. this is mature buds this is perfect for the real smokers who like to get stoned and forget about pain and such. this is also where when it kicks in couch lock for 30min to 1hr at least then you can move and do stuff but are so baked for a good 4 hrs or more.
yes they do mature a little so i suggest harvest the plants at diff stages so you know later what stage is your fav. i love all the stages. my c99 is gonna be taking to full mature. 1 hit stoned/ 3 hit baked/ 5 hit to stoned to move lmao. Also diff stages will bring in other affects like munchies/paranoid/diff body-head highs ect. so again take them at diff stages for future reference. I would suggest at least 60% cloudy with a few amber if your hairs are at least 60 brown/red ect. hope this helps

I see you are using the flora line and am excited to see how well they do. I do not see any fan leaves dying. have you had any die yet?

I have had very few like 4 to 5 fan leafs dry out on me since the switch over to 12/12, but overall they seem to be taking the nutrients pretty well. I have had some minor nutrient burn, burnt tips with tips slightly bending downwards. But will seem to fix it self after I water. I am following a feed/water schedule. I am growing in smart pots, which makes it easy for me to know when i need to water feed. I just water/feed when the pot becomes light.

DC420, This was the first time i have ever even seen the SCROG in action, very impressed on how colas seem to be pretty much all the same size. Good thing i decided to go with this suggestion! :high-five:

Subbed' looking good dude. What if any LST do you do in your veg? Once you go ScroG you will never go back. Key to Scrogging is all in preparation in clone/Veg stage with LST, Fimming and super cropping then timing your flip which varies depending on the stretch of the strain you grow. Interested in these Tahoe OG just ordered some seeds.

Subbed' looking good dude. What if any LST do you do in your veg? Once you go ScroG you will never go back. Key to Scrogging is all in preparation in clone/Veg stage with LST, Fimming and super cropping then timing your flip which varies depending on the stretch of the strain you grow. Interested in these Tahoe OG just ordered some seeds.

They were topped and super cropped in veg, then trained into scrog. I am very impressed on how they turned out. Now just researching on how to fatten them up, any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom