Cannateer is Here to Stay - LED/Hydro - Organic Pineapple Chunk!

cannateer

Hello 420 and welcome to my second grow utilizing Advanced LEDs, general organics and Bonza seeds' Barney's farm Pineapple Chunk!

I planted two seeds last night directly into the buckets with rapid rooters grow blocks, instead of rockwool. I also traded the recirculating pump for GH's hydroponic drip rings, which I am very excited for. They seem to work very well and were easy to install. I also decided to try cocotek mats for net pot covers this time, but i'm already finding them to be a risk because they are holding moisture and if not inoculated with beneficial bacteria/mycelium, may become contaminated. The silicone was very favorable for this reason and I may return to using them. Kinda a bummer considering I bought a roll of cocotek.

This time around I will be using two of Advanced LEDs' extreme veg series 200 watt panels for the vegatative stage, then my ds800 and two ds100s for flowering stages in separate grow areas to hopefully accomplish a perpetual grow system. I may, for now, utilize the two ds100s in the veg area until I get things going.

I will utilize low stress training to achieve 6-7 colas per plant without topping, or excessive defoliation. I will also try to adapt a stepping method per smoker joe's directions to hopefully gain maximum coverage.

My last grow ended with 222 grams and dried to 90 grams. The end product was very potent and is now curing in an XL cvault. The trim was used to make a quart of infused coconut oil and the results are very powerful. Two tablespoons for me and one tablespoon for my girlfriend to be couchlocked until inevitably passing out for hours, waking up wondering what happened. The buds were tested by her considering I can't possibly smoke for weeks to come and the report is much the same- very powerful high until eventually passing out. I'll note that we both smoke co2 concentrates regularly everyday. We're both very impressed with this organic product. The look and smell is outstanding, as well. We would normally be very excited about this stuff after smelling and inspecting it.

This time around I hope to avoid my initial mistakes and oversights to produce more of an even greater quality product. I hope the drip rings create even healthier roots which grow more vigorously toward the top of the medium. The medium is hydroton pebbles, brown, rather than the white used last grow. It will be interesting to see any difference. The main difference I can see is the less porous brown pebbles' surface. They may become slimy and block bactieria and mycelium from penetrating the inner lattice of the clay pebbles. We shall see.

Water temp-76 while germinating
Air temp- 76 and I will attempt to maintain this temp throughout the grow.
Rh- high
Ppm- 50ish with subcultures b and m and two drops of floralicious plus to feed them.
PH- 6.0-6.5 and 5.5-5.8 after things get going
No pests- I don't use soil and I have aza max waiting in the wings just in case.

The buckets are connected by a blue tube at the bottom with a small pump pushing water between the buckets through the tube. I also used the same chiller, ph monitor and thermometer probe as my first grow. The veg tent is a silver edition 2x4 purchased from advanced led. Shipping went okay, but the tent had quite a bit of powder, no doubt from the paint chipping off the poles. It was a pita to clean and couod have been easily avoided with cheap packing materials. I also have a phresh carbon filter that works wonderfully. Its a 4-12" model.

Re: Cannateer is here to stay! LED/hydro/organic Pineapple Chunk!

20140601_180100.jpg
20140601_180147.jpg
20140601_181229.jpg
20140601_181238.jpg
20140601_180201.jpg
20140601_180219.jpg
20140601_180225.jpg
20140601_180436.jpg
20140601_180542.jpg
20140601_182709.jpg
20140601_182804.jpg

I ditched the tube within a tube idea and plumbed another tube between buckets and attached the pump directly to the bottom tube. The top tube returns the water and the flow is much better, of course. I thought of this configuration in the first place and for some reason decided to try the other way first. That was a mistake. Oh, well. It's fixed now and seems to work awesome. I can see the tap root has pushed the seed upward a couple centimeters. Fun stuff.

1401699142149.jpg

Yep, second nodes taking off. First true leaves look broad and healthy I think. The plant on the right has looked better from the start. It's a day ahead of the left. Im hoping it comes back later and surprises me. Either way they both look healthy.

Wow i'm in on this one!

This looks very exciting can't wait to follow on this journal! :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom