Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farm Ocean Forest Organic
If soil... What size pot? 3 Gal (?)
Size of light? 2) 60w CFL 5500K and 1) LED UFO
Is it air-cooled? Small Fans and Carbon filter inline fan combo
Temp of Room/cab? 81f
RH of Room/cab? 60%
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm, Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom

Hi everyone. I want to start by thanking everybody in these forums for sharing your grow tips and tricks to help us newbies out.
I have read so much over the last few months, when I feel I just about got it down, I'll read a different page or journal and get a completely different idea as to go about it all. So many different views and ways to grow!

I picked my grow tent and supplies based on my needs and wants, I may go with a HPS later, but not this grow.
I wanted my first grow to be simple.

So yesterday, I placed 1 Bubblelicious seed in a wet paper towel inside a ziplock bag. put it in a dark warm place and came home tonight to have a peek at my little baby, and it was gone. I mean it wasn't in the bag or the paper towel. I have NO idea what the heck happened. I must have dropped it when i was placing it in the bag or something? Whatever. So i started the process again tonight with another Bubblelicious seed, making sure it was in the towel and bag for sure this time. If its gone tomorrow, we will have to have a discussion on why Bubblelicious seeds get eaten by paper towels.

My setup is all ready to go. Just waiting now on the seedling. Any advice please feel free to chime in!
Thanks again everyone!
Here is a picture of my setup:
growTent1.jpg

Re: 1st Grow - Bubblelicious CFL and LED Grow tent.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows, I have air leaving the tent via a filter and inline fan, plus I have a small clip on fan inside the tent, But I do not have any fresh air going into the tent. Should I?

Update day 2:
I checked on my Bubblelicious seed last night, and do not see any changes yet. The good news is that is was still in the paper towel.
I also received a Candy Kush Auto seed and really wanted to try it, so that is germinating now.

My plan is to grow both at the same time in the same tent. I am thinking now about buying the Cool Tube HPS MH Grow Light Kit 250w or 400w.
Any thoughts on this as opposed to my current setup?

I wanted to ask if anyone knows, I have air leaving the tent via a filter and inline fan, plus I have a small clip on fan inside the tent, But I do not have any fresh air going into the tent. Should I?

Nice to see you here on 420mag. Your setup looks awesome.What size is the inline fan in cfm? Yes check vents on tent and see is fresh air is coming in.

Update day 2:
I checked on my Bubblelicious seed last night, and do not see any changes yet. The good news is that is was still in the paper towel.
I also received a Candy Kush Auto seed and really wanted to try it, so that is germinating now.

My plan is to grow both at the same time in the same tent. I am thinking now about buying the Cool Tube HPS MH Grow Light Kit 250w or 400w.
Any thoughts on this as opposed to my current setup?

I am happy to hear your paper towel did not eat your seed again. Do not wast money on a duel HPS/MH bulb. If you are going to pick one then pick HPS for flower. You will not need that ufo on for the first 3 weeks of veg, while it is a seedling.

:popcorn: I don't even bother with the paper towel when germing autos. I just leave em in a shotglass with ro water for 24 hrs. then plant. I would go with a bigger pot for your candy kush auto. Its supposed to be a big producer and I had to find out the hard way how fast certain autos can become root bound. Looking good so far:goodjob:

Nice to see you here on 420mag. Your setup looks awesome.What size is the inline fan in cfm? Yes check vents on tent and see is fresh air is coming in.

The fan is a 160 CFM 6" inline. I have openings at the bottom of the tent, like a screen window that has a tent flap covering it. I also have a few duct openings that I have closed off. Should I put another fan in one of those? or just pop the flap open.

I am happy to hear your paper towel did not eat your seed again. Do not wast money on a duel HPS/MH bulb. If you are going to pick one then pick HPS for flower. You will not need that ufo on for the first 3 weeks of veg, while it is a seedling.

Thanks. That's what I will do.

:popcorn: I don't even bother with the paper towel when germing autos. I just leave em in a shotglass with ro water for 24 hrs. then plant. I would go with a bigger pot for your candy kush auto. Its supposed to be a big producer and I had to find out the hard way how fast certain autos can become root bound. Looking good so far:goodjob:

I am thinking my lack of lighting may keep the size down some :)

Update: Plant day!
The Bubblelicious was still in the towel and had sprouted! It is now in the soil! The Candy Kush Auto, I soaked in water for 30 hours and it went directly into my soil. I did not see the root yet, but hopefully it will take to the soil (it better because I only bought one of that seed).

I consider this day 1. :high-five:
Attached is a photo for you photo whores :)

planted11.jpg

It's been 5 hours since planting them and they are not budding yet!
Does anyone know how many watts of patience I will need for this grow?

So my coworker came by to look at my setup and said I need the hps lights like he has. So I ordered the 400w Cool light kit, HPS , MH lights.
Is there a reason I should not use the MH for veg?

Reading over the "newbie mistakes posts" I've pretty much done it all. I could be the poster child for what not to do.
This better be a good grow :thumb:

So I did order the new lights. The box came today and when i picked it up i could hear shards of glass moving around. No good. The entire light casing was shattered. Probably a good thing because it was also missing a bulb. I deffinately want the HPS for flower, but not in such a hurry anymore.

Update: Day 3.
We got life! Both seedlings are above ground and looking nice. Bubba (Bubblelicious) is streaching for the light, but I am afraid to put it much closer right now. While Kandy is small, and just popped above the surface this morning, she is looking nice as well.

I will add pics as soon as the lights come back on :)

Some pics

Both Seedlings:
IMG_20140616_151917.jpg

Bubba (Sprouted yesterday):
IMG_20140616_151856.jpg

Kandy (Sprouted this morning):
IMG_20140616_151902.jpg

Day 4 update: All is looking good. Slow progress most likely from my lack of lighting,

Bubba:
C360_2014-06-18-19-17-23-865.jpg

Kandy:
C360_2014-06-18-19-17-16-382.jpg

You wont see too much action above ground with autos for the first week or so, they are busy working on their root structure. :thumb:

Only Kandy is an auto, They both look like they have grown a tad overnight. Kandy was a day behind Bubba, but they look pretty close is size today!

I scrapped the whole HPS cool tube idea. I will be adding another LED light from one of our sponsors in a week or two to help with veg and flower. I really expected to kill these two off by now. Kinda surprised they are growing :cheer:

My biggest fear right now is watering. The pots i got were ment to be bottom watered, and the drain holes are so small. I enlarged them some, but am not sure if it is enough. When i water, I just give them enough to dowse the top soil. So i have had to water every other day so far.

I know i should water enough for drainage, but am kinda afraid to..... I think the water is getting to the bottom, but have not seen it yet,

Day 6 since they sprouted:

Does everything look normal here?

Kandy:
6-22-Kandy.jpg

Bubba:
6-22-Bubba.jpg

Can anyone tell me why Kandy (the auto) Has a redish stem? Is this normal for the Kandy Kush?

Back
Top Bottom