Tbobs Soil Grow - Power Flower 2014

MikeTbob

Hey everyone, greetings and peace to all.
I've started a "Royal Queen - Power Flower (Feminized)" seed that I recieved as a freebie from Herbies Headshop (A Forum Sponsor) and I am going to make a mother out of it. I already have one mother but I am looking for one more and I think this will be an excellent candidate.

I started her in a 50% mix of Earths Finest Premium potting soil and Earths Finest Peat Humus in a 2 gallon container. For nutrients I will be giving her some of my Hydro FeED from JR Peters. Yes, it's a hydro food but it will work just fine in soil also. I've been using it on my household plants for months now and they love it.
Hydro FeED - J. R. Peters Inc.

All of my plants are grown in a walk-in closet. Including my Hydro bubble bucket plants. I'd say it's about 8x6x6 but I don't use the whole closet, mostly just the middle section with shelves on either side which can be removed if need be. I'm also in the middle of running an AC duct in the attic to the closet to keep it cooler but I think that won't be completed until next weekend.
Currently I only use High Output T5 lights. I have a 2 footer with 4 bulbs and a 4 footer with 4 bulbs. Later, I will add CFL's for side and lower plant lighting. I'm only using the 2 foot light right now because of high temperatures during the day which can reach up to 82 degrees with the lights off from 12PM until 8 PM. I keep the lights off during the day and on at night. At night I keep the door open and the home AC keeps it right about 77 degrees. It's too hot to run the 4 ft light.
Humidity is usually around 40%.
No pests so far. I place clay pebbles on the soil to discourage gnats and whatnot from having a party in my soil. I only water her when the container feels light....about every 3-4 days.

Here is a fine description from the Royal Queen Seed bank website:
During the 90s, a group of passionate growers from the Netherlands traveled to South Africa to gather genetics which could be added to their library. Using the genetics they collected, this team would give birth to a nearly pure Sativa (12% Indica) made exclusively with those genetics. This Cannabis plant would eventually take over Amsterdam's coffeeshops, mostly still around today, and was known as Power Plant.

Our Power Flower is our attempt to recreate the popular features from one of Amsterdam's most famous weeds. This feminized plant will grow over 1 m tall, up to 1.5 m, indoors, but can stretch to 2 m outside. It prefers a warm environment like California or Italy, however, it can be grown in south of France and Germany, while more northern latitudes are not recommended for this marijuana strain.

So......let's break out the pictures, shall we??

SDC108591.jpg
SDC108592.jpg
SDC10866.jpg
SDC10869.jpg
SDC108871.jpg
SDC10900.jpg
SDC10907.jpg
SDC10908.jpg
SDC10909.jpg

Questions, comments, suggestions or Lunatic rantings are welcome.

Hey Mike Tbob, Subbed and ready for the long haul. Good looking plants man, How long does an auto-flower take to run a full cycle, seed to harvest? I'm curious, it sounds like you're an experienced grower. How many plants do you keep going at any one time? I've got 9, 2 that I'm getting ready to flower and 6 seedlings and 1 clone. I would love to clone about 10-20 more when I flip to flower but don't really have the room at this point. Good Luck with Royal Queen, I hope she breaks all records for you. Thanks for having me along.

I've never been the first to a grow journal before, I'm liking the front row seat! Pass me the tray my friend and I'll roll a fatty for us. :rollit:

Hey Mike Tbob, Subbed and ready for the long haul. Good looking plants man, How long does an auto-flower take to run a full cycle, seed to harvest? I'm curious, it sounds like you're an experienced grower. How many plants do you keep going at any one time? I've got 9, 2 that I'm getting ready to flower and 6 seedlings and 1 clone. I would love to clone about 10-20 more when I flip to flower but don't really have the room at this point. Good Luck with Royal Queen, I hope she breaks all records for you. Thanks for having me along.

Hi there Shadowman, thanks for stopping by my garden.
As far as I know, this is not an auto-flower but Feminized only. At least it wasn't marked on the packaging as an auto. I think they normally take about 90 days from seeds to chop but I have never grown one so I'm just guestimating. This is my 4th grow using Hydro and I'm still quiet new to that. I've grown soil plants many times over the years but my heart is in the Hydro family now. I'm only using soil here because I'm looking for strong potent mother plants that I can clone repeatedly.
I have only 5 plants at the moment but my last grow just finished about 2 months ago and after that I had repeated heat related problems that cost me a lot of time. I'm just now getting back on track. I usually only keep less than 10 plants. I will try to grow 4 at once here in the next few weeks using bubble buckets, I'm just waiting for available funds to finish some updates to my grow room.

I've never been the first to a grow journal before, I'm liking the front row seat! Pass me the tray my friend and I'll roll a fatty for us. :rollit:
Great idea. I'm fresh out and I hope you brought some. hahaha
tray7.jpg

subbed. your plants are stretching a little too much.

Stretching too much? It's only about 7 inches tall. I'm not real sure of what you mean because I thought it was doing great. Can you explain what you mean? How can you tell it's stretching too much?

EDIT: Thanks for stopping by b.real...glad to have you.

take a look at your last photo. do you see how far the apart bottom nodes are spaced? do you see how close the top nodes are spaced? I think she's where she wants to be now, but they were stretching a little too much. nothing major, just a heads up :)

take a look at your last photo. do you see how far the apart bottom nodes are spaced? do you see how close the top nodes are spaced? I think she's where she wants to be now, but they were stretching a little too much. nothing major, just a heads up :)

I do see it now, thanks for the info. I had her away from the light when she first sprouted but I think I found her Goldilocks zone. I appreciate the tip.

Back
Top Bottom