THsea's SA KwaZulu L Cut Grow - Maybe Some Automatics

THsea

Yo, this is THsea ;) I've been gone from journal-ing, but always up to something! I'll show you where I'm at now and where I will be going...

Love you 420, here are the stats
What strain is it? South African KwaZulu... Seeds from OMM, who got them from an Indian Chief... No lie :Namaste:
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Pure sativa, maybe. We can talk about that in later posts.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Both? well, the flowering one is at day.. check flowering day question.
If in Veg... For how long? I... don't remember.
If in Flower stage... For how long? The one in flower was put out June 10th... so about a month out.
Indoor or outdoor? Both?
Soil or Hydro? Soil!... feels good to have a definite answer.
If soil... what is in your mix? Oh my... Black Gold Organic, and Menehune Sifted Top Soil...
If soil... What size pot? the flowering one, 5 gallon Air-Pot, the rest will be in ground for soil... Hopefully.
Size of light? 90 watt LED and the fricken SUN
Is it aircooled? Um... Do you water-cool your grow? Its air-cool.
Temp of Room/cab? Check the weather for Oahu, that's me.
RH of Room/cab? Pretty high, I'm mauka-side (on a mountain, in hawaiian).. There is more rain here. We are an island of micro-environments. You will see my conditions are vastly different from OMM, who is closer to being Ocean-side, and with lower humidity.
PH of media or res? Who cares, I don't! I run around trying to do as little as I can... And just pay attention to my plants. If anyone wonders about this, they can ask me.
Any Pests ? Oh lord yes! Spider-mites! Moths, blah blah, and blah blah blah... Thrips, white flies, oh my! I've seen it all. Ask if you like. Blah.
How often are you watering? Every other day... Trying to keep up with it. Less attention seems to allow bugs to move in. Blah.
Type and strength of ferts used? Oh snap... Superthrive, Jungle Flora, and alot of SNS products... For the bugs. Sometimes molasses but not much this grow... OH! And OC+!

Next post will have the pictures.

Re: THsea's SA KwaZulu "L"Cut Grow... and maybe some automatics

'Zulu outdoor. Whole thing, then some bud shots.
DSCN06076.JPG

close up
DSCN06115.JPG

with flash
DSCN06108.JPG

DSCN06098.JPG

Indoor big girl!
DSCN06037.JPG

DSCN06026.JPG

Without LED
DSCN060510.JPG

The future of SA K'Zulu'L...
DSCN06064.JPG

There will be some interesting developments over this week... well, SHOULD... OMM will verify, I've heard from my ex-fiance. Kind of shook shit up... Still gonna try to keep up with you all though! The end of this (if all goes well) will be cool. Some fun discussion about how to process buds for medicine.. Nothing that hasn't been covered before... Though if it took me so long to figure out what I like... I would hate for someone of similar tastes to have to take that sort of time.

We are all love here at :420: Hope you all like the pictures! Successful or not, I hope you all like the journey.:peace:

Good morning weed Thsea. Looking good. Outdoor growing in your neck of the woods is so cool. Flowering time year around. Now where are the chairs. Happy Tokerday

Cool ! THsea.......Nice looking...healthy plants. :high-five:

What's in all those little pots? Just nose y.
:cheesygrinsmiley:
Hey! There's no where to sit !

Oh yeah, OMM is first to the party! :high-five: yeah man, the KwaZulu is pretty phenomenal. I'd like to say it's all me ;) but it's the plant. She's something special.

As for the little pots... A new Thai Basil, two Rosemary Plants (one is Tuscan Blue, the other is like... BBQ? Weird cultivar name), and some kind of greens that I forget the name of (the variety is called 'wasabi', it is not a wasabi plant though). Gotta repot those things! One day.

There are chairs! Just not many. You get a nice comfy one though. Thanks for coming!

Good morning weed Thsea. Looking good. Outdoor growing in your neck of the woods is so cool. Flowering time year around. Now where are the chairs. Happy Tokerday

Thanks beemerbill! :) it can be cool... When weather and bugs are permitting of a plant finishing. Pretty confident on this one, putting a lot of care into less plants... But of a good selection :thumb:

We toke, therefore we are chairs? I can dig it. Welcome to the party!

So awesome! Totally would enjoy watching you grow, THsea. :surf:

:) that's nice of you to say buddy! Growing is pretty awesome. Since your already relaxed, I'm assuming you are already a chair.

That's a lot of pressure to put on a fella, but I'll try to keep up with the pictures. If you all would enjoy watching this grow.. Then I guess it just has to happen.

Seriously though, thank you all for stopping by. I hope you enjoy my garden as much as I've enjoyed all of yours :thanks:

Hey Man, I have a Mazar I would like to throw in with yours when you start yours. It's from Barney's Farm, An L@D.:peace:

In fact I have a whole paper bag of seeds for you to look through. You can take what you want. Put them in the dirt and add water. :party:

Subscribed
Ali'i John, nice to C you!

Knock-Knock. Can I come in too? Ooops, too late - subbed!
My out-door is open! Glad you came by, hope you get a kick out of my shindig here :high-five:

Hey Man, I have a Mazar I would like to throw in with yours when you start yours. It's from Barney's Farm, An L@D.:peace:

In fact I have a whole paper bag of seeds for you to look through. You can take what you want. Put them in the dirt and add water. :party:
Hahaha! You crazy, OMM! Yea man, if I can get stuff to finish... I'd love to run a Lucy!

Getting fired up about the in the ground stuff... Gonna have to bust my ass tomorrow to have a good start on it.

:wood:Aloha Thsea:cheesygrinsmiley:
really glad I found this through OMM hey that some lovely sounding strain you have there :circle-of-love: Hey so what is the story about the chief,,Love from us to you my friend
:circle-of-love::peace::circle-of-love:
Can't really tell you much about the Chief! Its about all I can say and not step on toes.

I can tell you what I know about the seeds though. SA KwaZulu, also sometimes called Drakensberg (so, supposedly from the KwaZulu-Natal pass of the Drakensberg Mountains)... It is originally a landrace. I believe this is not from the WoS seed stocks, I think the person who was growing it in the North-West (before mentioned Chief) did it outdoor, could have been in a greenhouse... They do both I think. Well, some seeds were sent to a mutual friend (our OMM) who knew I was fascinated with landrace varieties.

I don't know how many generations it was grown, I do know these seeds came out of the plants they grew of it... Apparently, there were very few seeds that were produced... Since this person doesn't grow to make seeds!

im here Buddy :thumb:
Aloha! :welcome: right on, man.

I'm kind of surprised so many people showed up so quickly! :) it really is a party! :party:

Very nice plant, are you sure it wasn't hybridised? It looks like it's got some indica inside.

:popcorn:

Very nice plant, are you sure it wasn't hybridised? It looks like it's got some indica inside.
I'm 100% not sure! However, it looks like a few pictures of the same strain I was able to locate... Except that I get reds and dark colors sometimes when it gets a bit colder... All the other pics end with golds or deep greens.

It's claimed to be, but who can really be sure? It's supposed to be very quick for a sativa... But people report different flower times all over the place... So I don't really trust those. I'll just watch her closely.

:welcome: holy crap, I want popcorn now.

Aloha THsea :circle-of-love:

Hoping all is well in your world my friend :Namaste:
It is well enough. Once I get my second Zulu in the ground I will be a lot better!

Thanks for visiting everyone! I'll try to do pictures tomorrow. Been busy today, really tired.

Back
Top Bottom