Beateo

Strain is mostly Indica, not sure of %?
Seeds are on the way! I'm planting only 4 to get started
They will be grown indoor in a 12'X 12' dedicated room
I'll be using a soil mix to be determined soon
Starting in small liter containers then will
transplant into 5 gal.
For lighting I have 4 100W CFLs with reflective hoods
(I said in an earlier post that I was using LED...
that was an error) :sorry:
I have a box fan to keep air moving
Photos & more information will follow.
It's a START!
:peace:

Re: Beateo's Soil, Lemon Kush Feminized 2014 1st attempt

Seed order is in the USPS tracking system now. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve :cheer:

Dunc014,
Postal Tracking has them in my State! :woohoo: Hoping to have them on Monday. :peace:

I want to say "Kudos" to one of this site's sponsors... Herbies. I got my seeds here in the US today, only 7 days from the date I ordered them! I think this is incredibly fast. Now, I'm ready to start :thumb:
I'll do some research on germination and get them started tonight. I'll probably start taking some pictures too.:peace:

8/19/2014 These are the seeds I started yesterday. Things are poppin'! :peace:
seedscu.jpg

Are the seeds above ready to put in the soil or do they need to sprout more?

i put mine in soil when they have cracked, actually i just lay them on the soil, and cover with fluffy soil, like 3mm thick, then keep spraying on the seed area and keep it wet :)

cool man, you have a 12 foot x 12 foot troom to grow?!

OK.. 8/20/14 seeds are starting to sprout, I have 3 of my old fruit tree pots (properly disinfected) filled with organic soil mixture. These pots are large... I'm guessing something close to 4 gal. I also have 3 Dixie cups ready to start the seeds in. I came up with a very simple way to raise and lower my lighting.... I'll post pics soon. I'm thinking no one wants to see pictures of empty pots and hanging lights. :) I have a room heater with a thermostat. It's gotten into the high 40's at night already! I have no idea what to do about humidity? I think I need to buy a ph meter and an accurate room thermometer. 12 X 12 room..... lots of wasted space.

If you still need a soil recipe feel free to check my grow journal.

Agreed - PH meter and room thermometer are important. Get something that measures your relative humidity as well.

Also - if you use peat pots to plant your seeds in next time you can simply plant those in your pots later. No mucking with your fragile plants and roots.

Can't wait for pics.

hey man, its actually better to start seeds in a 1.5 liter, or even a one liter pot, if you first use plastic coke bottles they are nice and long, but thn to, so this concentrates to fertilizers better to the roots instead of it being in a bigger actual pot :)

then after 3 weeks, they have a great tap root, as it would have gone to the bottom of the bottle, then i carefully cut the bottle away, then transplant when the moon is growing in size, to a 5 litre pot, then 2 weeks later a 11 liter, then when the palnt says hey i want more, put here in the big ones :)

good that you disinfected them! if you have Terrecota pots, use them they stay cool and protect the roots from heat :)

Man I'm wondering how long before I start seeing some green sticking out of that soil??? It's true... smoking weed distorts time because my seeds have been in that pot for like a WEEK and nothing's happening! Oh wait... it's only been a day?? WTF? Anyway, I was concerned about humidity level in that room.....seemed kinda dry. The weather forecast for the next week-10 days is calling highs in mid 80s and for "oppressive" humidity levels so I guess if it feels dry all I need to do is open the window for a while! :blunt:
I'll keep posting until either they're dead or I'm smoking them! :peace:

Staring a lemon kush grow in week myself so will definitely be keeping an eye on your thread.

Nice a 12x12 setup for 4 plants is making me reconsider my 4x4x7 for the same 4 plants.

eddy87, No need to reconsider because of anything I'm doing... I'm growing in a 12X12 room only because our kids all moved out and it's the smallest empty bedroom. :ganjamon:
And, 4 plants to start a first grow with seemed reasonable?? :peace:

eddy87,
I almost forgot... I'll make sure I post anything I can think of that could be useful to you... or anyone, I guess... right now I'm just waiting and praying to see something break through the soil... then it's---:cheer::cheer::cheer::peace:

eddy87, No need to reconsider because of anything I'm doing... I'm growing in a 12X12 room only because our kids all moved out and it's the smallest empty bedroom. :ganjamon:
And, 4 plants to start a first grow with seemed reasonable?? :peace:

Yeah the place i'm picking up all my equipment from says my tent size is suitable for 4 plants. They are cool like that, everything is sold in a package with a chart telling you what kind of light goes with what room,what kind of fan/ducting & air filter goes with the room etc...etc..

Would love to have 12ft of height to work with.

I'm guessing waiting for your seeds to pop through the soil must be an anxious time :lot-o-toke: , i guess i'll find that out soon.

Good luck, hope to see some pics the next 2 months.

hey man :) i just got in from work, its 12.8am here!

hey today (23rd) is a great time for gemination, as the moon is in a water sign :) plus its leading up to new moon, which make roots grow :)
i believe you will see something today man, as long as you have kept the soil where the seeds are wet with a fine sprayer!

and heres a tip, if its not humid enuff, just leave plates of water around the plants and as its warm, the water will evaporate and stay in the air giving humidity.. have on question, do you mean a 12x12 meter room or foot?

OTM... I've been spraying them 3 or 4 times a day. The lights are drying the soil out a little but I think I've kept them damp for the most part. I've still got my "freebie" seeds if these ones don't work out. Oh, yeah, it's a 12 foot X 12 foot room. Man if I had a 12 meter square extra bedroom I'd be living in one hell of a house man! lol :peace:

they sound like duds then man! write a email to herbies and tell them

im so tired, ive got work again though, fuck now i rememeber why i changed proffesion away from catering lol

OTM, I will email Herbies asap. Thanks.
Work again? I feel for you man.... sometimes I think I retired too early and could have had a bigger pension if I'd have stayed a few years more... then I just say fuck it and light up a bowl. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom