LA's Sideline Grow -GDP X Pheno Hunt -Extreme LST -Self Build Budmaster in Cupboard!

Hey all, here we go again. :)

This is just a little side journal with no pressures and is a relaxed house for open chat about our beloved plant!

The cupboard is going to be the place, soil the medium.
No ventilation apart from running door cracked at lights on.
Ill be making and running self build Budmaster clusters, ill document it all. The mix of which is up in the air. I could run GOD Osrams but I'd rather run them in my light itself. So this leaves me with either the OD clusters or the XG. Ill probs use the OD for some Osram goodness! :)
This is a back to basics run with not much fussing over enviromentals. More a look at these GDP crosses. They are GDP x Purple Choc Auto and I want the best pheno for the BID run coming soon. The LST is also going to be BID inspired literally! One girl is going to get my full torture treatment, so as to spell out BID, in hopefully purple buds, just for the challenge and also another way for me to remember Seth.

Another one of the girls will be a mommy for some pre fluxed clones for another full fluxed run of purps! The other ???? Not to sure?? :)

Also my first surviving clone will be here and getting run in there somewhere! :)

Anyway a few pics! :)
20140903_125342.jpg
20140903_124953.jpg
20140903_125000.jpg
20140903_125017.jpg
20140903_125033.jpg
20140903_125039.jpg
20140903_125117.jpg
20140903_125109.jpg
20140903_125219.jpg
20140903_125213.jpg
20140903_125205.jpg

As you can see one girl has thrown herself into having 3 growing points! :) This is the chosen BID plant as the structure and form lend to the job of training her up as I plan.
That's about it really, just hope a few join me for a chilled little mini adventure :)

Re: LA's sideline grow, GDP X pheno hunt, Extreme LST, Self build Budmaster in cupboa

Ah I see, I was thinking about the few autos I have grown that would have never had chance to LST on before budding. They went stright into flower during longest days of year :)

Re: LA's sideline grow, GDP X pheno hunt, Extreme LST, Self build Budmaster in cupboa

The one I'm now most interested in is actually the 3 header. It just shot 3 leave at the first proper node. I just checked and the next node is forming with 3 limbs again. What do people think the chances are for this being a trait that would be passed onto any clones taken? As if I can keep and pass on this abnormality I'd be well chuffed! :) any thoughts? ??

Theoretically all clones would have the same trait. If all other branches are normal you would have to clone the affected stem only. That's my two penneth :)

Wicked I'm gonna make sure I keep this going as I want an army of em for then trying to cross them and back cross until I get a stable strain that puts out extra limbs again and again. If its possible and I get a good strong cross like one of my GG girls, then worked on it for long enough it would be an awesome thing to have my own strain that produces more bud due to the extra limb per node!?!? :)

The one I'm now most interested in is actually the 3 header. It just shot 3 leave at the first proper node. I just checked and the next node is forming with 3 limbs again. What do people think the chances are for this being a trait that would be passed onto any clones taken? As if I can keep and pass on this abnormality I'd be well chuffed! :) any thoughts? ??

Clones from any part of the plant are of course a genetic copy, so if it a purely genetic trait and not some effect of environment, then it will pass on to the clone. Is not that a sign of polyploidism? Here is what seems to be cool link i found, 5. Polyploidy - PlantBreeding

HA, I read the poly site and my head fell off! This, and I had to learn that stuff at one point. LOTS of it. Forgot most of the details. I never really used much of the higher science in growing, but the breeders definitely did. I was lowly on the chain in the operation as a grower.

That said, there can be a genetic mutation which will follow throughout the life of the plant in any and all clones, but there is a risk when breeding of instability. It seems you understand this or you wouldn't have said cross and recross for stability. It can take upwards of 20 years to stabilize a plant from seed. A lot of plants are now asexually propagated in the industry, especially when looking at new varieties. I imagine the same goes for cannabis breeders.

I'm way too impatient to be a breeder of any kind. The problem with clones and breeding is that a clone is a dupe of the mother. When you breed you create a hybrid and hybrids do not usually come true from the seed it generates if it was made from a clone. Not always, and I certainly don't know how it pertains to cannabis, but for example with tomatoes. If you plant a hybrid, harvest the tomato and ferment the seed properly and germinate it, you will not get the exact plant you took the seed from. However, it CAN resemble the original mother, but at any time destabilize and revert to something you would not recognize. Am I making sense?

Also to me its about understanding when to drop new genetics into the mix. Sometimes it might read that you want X from a cross with Y, having the patience to be able to judge when to go the other way before touching back the other way the next gen along is where I believe a little bit of flare and understanding is key. :)

Back
Top Bottom