Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/Autos For Medicinal Purposes

Colesdad

*strain... 2 of them. Norther Lights x Big Bud. and Super Mango Ryder
*both hybrids
*from seed
*indoor
*hempy bucket
*1 gallon container (for now)
*TOPLEAD 300w. old model
*one floor fan. lights with built in fans
*current temp w/o fan 77 degrees
*current humidity 37%
*watering-hempy style
*GH nutes

wanted to go ahead and start my journal now. will be adding much, much more info later and, of course, lots of pictures!

in my home, we are battling a couple of different illnesses and I have convinced my wife that this is the only way to help ourselves now.
my fight, brain tumor. have had two operations in the 7 years. the tumor is still there, and still growing. we (myself, wife and doctors) decided to leave the remainlg tumor. what is left of the tumor has infected the motor strip for the left side of my body, and if removed will cause total left side paralysis. as a result of the tumor I have seizures on the left side of my body. over the years we have found a good balance of medicine to limit my seizure, however, the meds leave me out there in "la-la land". they classify a brain surgery as "brain trauma". it certainly makes you different. any type of brain trauma make the brain more susceptible to "illness". things like depression, anxiety, irregular sleep pattern, mood swings. and, even as a man, I have to admit that I am not always in control anymore......

I take pills for seizures, because im maxed out on certain seizure meds i take meds to increase the power of meds, I take pills to combat the drowsiness from seizure meds, I take pills to slow me down to help sleep. and i take a hand full of advil a day to fight headaches

Re: popping my cherry. Colesdad's 1st grow. doing hempy, w/ autos. for medicinal purp

My wife is having a much worse time. Since the birth of our son (9yrs), she has had terrible back pain. 3 years ago she decided enough was enough and made an appointment with a spine doctor (I'm sure there is an official name). She had a broken vertebrae, possible from labo! So, took bone from the hip and put in two rods and 6 screws. It had hurt worse since the surgery. We have tried nerve meds, muscle relaxers, nerve injections and narcotics. Nothing helps! As a result of the meds, in the last year she has had issues with her liver (thanks narcotics) and are currently searching for a diagnosis for her bowel /stomach issues. All of which will probably because of all the damn pills they have throwing at her. She now suffers from insomnia, depression and anxiety.

Now you know the reason. Journal to officially start soon!

Re: popping my cherry. Colesdad's 1st grow. doing hempy, w/ autos. for medicinal purp

Got my seeds from Herbies.
CAM00337.jpg

PHed my cubes
CAM003351.jpg

Put them in 1 gallon milk jugs. I've discovered this is not going to work, not enough root room. I know autos do not like to be transplanted, so once my ladies are a few weeks old, I'm going to switch them out, maybe to 3or5 gallon buckets. I soaked my cubes for a day, then just dropped the seed in. I didn't germinate them in any way. No specific reason, I just decided that mother earth does it this way, so why not. I then put the cubes directly in the jugs, covered with clear plastic wrap, covered the jugs with a dark towel (to keep in some heat) and put them under my light.

From this point forward I will refer to my Northern Lights X Big Bud as NLBB#1 andNLBB#2. I will call my Super Mango Ryder, Mango.

Day 3 from seed drop...
Here is ms nlbb#1. Showing us a little stem.
IMG_20140922_114748.jpg

And not to be outdone, nlbb#2 showing her sexy self. Had to use the flash to be seen better.
IMG_20140922_114830.jpg

Ms Mango has yet to show herself....

NLBB#1 has broke ground!
CAM00346.jpg

I'm in. Your off to a good start. My household has made the same medicinal shift in the last year due to similar health issues and we are healthier for it. Lookin forward to your grow.

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

You got me with you Colesdad! I grew an NLxBB last grow. I got 3 ozs from 1 plant in a 1&1/2 gallon hempy. Those NLxBB are pretty potent too. You shouldn't re-pot an auto. Keep her in the bucket she came in...

Good Luck Pal!
WJ

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

My room. Closet in the master bedroom. I know light leakage isn't an issue for my girls, but, light leaking OUT will certainly bother the humans! It's 2.5x5ft. 8ft ceiling. I've hung a tarp on the inside of the door frame.
CAM003482.jpg

Girls in the jugs, light is about 3ft above
CAM003491.jpg

Is this a good height for them right now?

Thanks guys for hitching a ride with me on this grow. Hopefully when this ride ends, there will be high-fives all around :high-five:

You should ask what the recommended hanging distance for your LED grow light in Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion.

Hi Colesdad! I'm subbed and ready to watch! :goodjob:

I know there many different thoughts on light schedule for autos.

Here is my thinking..... 24hrs until about 2 pair of mature leaves. And then a couple hours of darkness, and once she starts flowering I'll do 9 hours of darkness. You think 24 is too much for seedlings?

What light schedule have you guys done? My goal is quick turn around. Once I get some meds in the house, then I will try and grow for quantity.

topled calls for 1.5 - 2 foot ... 46 - 61 cm when using 300watt
you will have to get used to the light as will your plant
i moved mine up and down a few times before i settled on 20 inches which is 51 cm
i sneak it a bit closer during last half of flower time 4 inches (10 cm)

Finally, Ms Mango is showing herself. They are about 3 days now
IMG_20140923_101039.jpg

Lowered my light, it is now about 24in from the tops.

Subbed brother! Looking good!! :goodjob:

Two things...
First, NNBB#1 is now upright.
CAM003652.jpg

Second. Should I be concerned about this little white spot? It's only on one of the "baby" leaves. The two "real" leaves look good.
CAM003662.jpg

Water is PHed around 5.8ish. No nutes yet. Sitting in rockwool cubes (were PHed before hand). Medium is 70 percent vermiculite and 30 percent perlite, and the bottom is 100 perlite. The medium was flushed with 2 gallons of PHed water before being planted.

Back
Top Bottom