DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!

DarkGreenGoo

DarkGreenGoo's

:peace: HSO BLUE DREAM, COCO HEMPY, SCROG, GROW EXTRAVAGANZA :peace:

Hello everyone. I am new to 420mag but have been growing for quite some time now. I started in soil, as most do, eventually progressing to Hydroponics, then to Coco and now to Coco Hempy. I decided to sign up and post a journal for a few reasons, but the biggest is the community. I am new to Coco Hempy, using a new formula, and it will be my first LED grow. As any older grower knows, sometimes you get stuck in your ways, and don't bother experimenting. I decided to step out of my comfort zone, and do a small indoor grow with pretty much all new technology, methods and formula's. If I run into issue, I will continue this journal, but just start again the way I have been doing it for a number of years.

The plan is simple. I have a small area of 2'7" X 2'7" X 5'3". I will be growing two HSO Blue Dream from seed, under 300 W LED. They will be grown in Coco Hempy buckets of 5 gallon each. Using a formula of 7G per gallon Maxibloom, Calmag Plus, Silica Blast, and some KoolBloom in flower. I normally use my own modified H3AD's formula when I grow in Coco, and it has produce amazing results. So this is all new to me!

The Grow started at the end of Sept, under 250W MH lighting. The lighting will be switch out as soon as my P300 arrives. There was a delay with shipping due to a holiday overseas. It should ship this week, but I will keep you guys updated.

TENT - 2'7" X 2'7" X 5'3"
BUCKET SIZE - 2 X 5 Gallon Hempy, wrapped in Aluminum Foil tape (they were not opaque enough)
MEDIUM - Bottom Gallon (or a bit more, up until the hole) Perlite, the rest is Canna Coco.
LIGHTING - Started with 250W-300W-400W MH in cooltube - Will be switched to Platinum LED P300 when it arrives.
VENTILATION - 6" Inline Ducting Fan With fan Control. 6" Ducting into the Cooltube of the MH, and 6" ducting out the other end, hanging at the top of the tent (otherwise the cooltube sucks the tent into the tube itseld due to the small space). When LED arrives, 6" ducting will come from outside, into the tent, and hang at the top back of the tent, to pull out hot air as it rises. 6" ducting at the bottom left of the tent, for an intake at night, to keep adequate negative air pressure.
NUTRIENTS - 7g Maxibloom per gallon, Calmag Plus, Silica Blast, Koolbloom (flower).
AIR MOVEMENT - Small clip on fan.
EXTRA - Built a 29" X 29" SCROG using Nylon twine (so it does not stretch). Built a base for the Hempy Buckets so they can drain down into a pan for easy water disposal.
ODOR CONTROL - 6" Carbon Filter. Sits outside of the tent due to room constraints. Will hopefully be moved in once the P300 arrives and is installed (space saver!)
METERS - HM Digital PH Meter (with electronic calibration and replaceable probe), EZ Digital TDS Meter 0.5 scale

With that out of the way, here are some photos of the first couple weeks.

Sept 21 - Freshly sprouted
Sept_21.jpg

Sept 29
Sept_29.jpg

Full tent shot on Sept 29
Sept_29_full.jpg

Oct 3 - After transplant and feeding
Oct_3.jpg

Re: DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!!

Subbed. :welcome:

I am growing Blue Dream also, I'm excited to see how this turns out for you.

Do you know the genetics to this Blue Dream? There are quite a few different make ups.

Re: DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - 300W LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!!

Nevermind! Blueberry and Haze. I've gotten some knock off Blue Dream genetics before....

I'd like to see how this turns out. Always looking to learn more. Thanks for starting this journal!

Hey everyone, thanks for checking in. I will also check out your grows as I go along!.

Anyway. Gave them a full feeding of 7g per gallon, 4Ml Calmag Plus per gallon and 2.5 ML of Silica Blast per gallon the other day. So far, I prefer Coco mixed with Perilite over Coco Hempy. My plants seem much more droopy in the hempy than doing them in Coco. I have read this goes away as the roots hit the res.

I also topped the plants and with the topping and transplant they are taking a bit to recovery. Hopefully in the next week or two we can get them in the SCROG. Once the SCROG is 50 percent full, I will swap to 11/13. Fingers crossed they should be taking off soon.

Something else I noticed is they seem to have begun developing a Mag deficiency. As light yellow spots were just barely beginning to be seen. However new growth is very green, so the Calmag Plus seems to have fixed it.

Oct 9 (Day 21 from seed)
Oct_9_Two_Plants.jpg

Oct_9_-_Topped.jpg

I am looking forward to my light being shipped and the difference it will make. Not only in growth, but space in the tent and power bill.

They look so good, Super healthy!

Tonight they will be getting fed again (7g Maxibloom, 4ML calmag plus, 2.5 ML Silica blast).

Maxibloom has been very annoying to dissolve. So I bought a Protein shaker cup, which should help a lot. More pictures in the next day or so.

Can't wait to start training them into the scrog in the next couple weeks. Topping has really slows this strains vertical growth for now.

Looks like they will go 6 weeks in veg. Than 9-10 weeks in flower. Fingers crossed they are done before new years. I would be thrilled if they only took 8 weeks in flower and 5 weeks in veg.

Is that blue dream 8 or 9 weeks?

It says 8 weeks, but most people say it is a 9-10 week strain.

powder123 said:
great journal, but why did you dress up your pots like that?

They were not 100 percent light proof. So I wrapped them in some aluminum foil tape I had laying around to make sure they were.

bobbrown14 said:
subbed i'm shooting for a new year harvest as well, maybe a week sooner and cant wait to see your new LED light

Cheers,
bb

Sounds awesome. I will be checking out your journal!

Count me in as a member of new year celebration. Thankyou for sharing the information.

Happy grow brother.

Thanks for checking it out. I will have tons more information and lots of pictures once they start really shooting up and things get interesting!

Well, the third one I had in a solo cup still is gone. I saw some holes in a couple leaves that indicate bugs. Which I have never gotten indoor before. So I immediately tossed it, since I didn't plan on keeping it anyway.

This is the first time I used Canna bran coco, so I am hoping making the switch to this brand doesn't bring bugs along with it.

That's what I was wondering also. There are so many phenotypes of blue dream out there, its hard to be sure.... But I'm going to just keep watching it. I'll Let it go past week 8 and we'll see. I'll let you know what I find out man!

Update. Fed them yesterday, got to 1000 PPM on the 0.5 scale. 7g per gallon of Maxibloom, 4ML Calmag Plus and 3ML of Silica blast per gallon.

New growth shows only the slightest hint of burn. I am hoping whatever pests were on the small one in the solo cup, which I tossed out, are not on the bigger ones. I looked around, under the leaves and I couldn't find anything. So lets cross our fingers.

Oct 11 - both plants, then the right plant, then the left plant (close ups
foto_no_exif1.jpg

foto_no_exif_4_.jpg

foto_no_exif_3_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom