Multi Strain, Perpetual, Capn Style, Multi Room

Skybound

What's up 420 fam, Skybound is back at it again!!! This time hopefully for real! Currently I have a small cabinet I built to use as a stealth nursery that measures 3' wide - 3' high and 2' deep. It has stealth inlet air, stealth exhaust, my old DIY CFL reflector that I am actually looking to upgrade to one of those large CFLs that sit in the e39 mogul base sockets that will gain me about another 6" of head room.

Temps hover from low to mid 70's with RH about 55-60%, but I expect this will decline as the winter pulls in. At the moment I have 3 Cherry Bomb fem plants that I grew out from seed. The B plant (of the A, B & C) is growing at a reduced rate and was pushing out even fingered leaves which had me concerned. Ever since I topped it though, it exploded with vigor so now I will let it live to see what it can do. I also had a random bean that I saved with my purchased beans. I believe it is Power Flower, but that might just be my best wishes. All plants were topped last week and transplanted up a pot size from 20 oz. Solo cups into 1 gallon pots, and I also created a new top feed system that the pots sit on, as opposed to down in. because the 3 gallon res I had previously made was allowing for the roots to grow out of the bottom of the solo cups and down into the nutes which WILL lead to pythium, and I refuse to travel that path again.

Of course I also feed the weekly Heisenberg Tea. Current 4 plant res is @ 300PPM and the PH is holding to near 6.0. If it gets above 6.2 I throw in a few drops of Flora Blend to pull it back down a few tenths. I change my res out the day after I feed the tea, but my poor organization skills has this to a floating schedule of 6-9 days, depending on distractions as I have many.

Tea Recipe
1 Gallon RO water
6 heaping tablespoons of Ancient Forest
3ml of Grandma's Molasses
5ml of Aqua Shield
0.5 grams of Great White Mycorrhizae

One week I experimented by adding Sweet Mycos Tea which was a mistake my kids thankfully survived. the SMT has it's own powdered molasses that really made my tea extremely frothy when it was bubbling, and though it likely had a large diverse colony of bennies, the unconsumed molasses could have easily lead to other problems in the media, but the following week's tea cleaned most of the rest up.

After my land lord comes from out of town to visit and inspect the property ((then leaves again)), I will pull this veg box out and frame a wall to cover the room it is in. This room is attached to my bed room and measures 5.5 feet wide, 5 feet deep and 7 feet floor to ceiling. This will be used for late veg and will likely include 2 parallel home made flood tables that each spills into a separate res to accommodate different strain nutrient preferences, i.e. Indica vs sativa. It will be given a single 400 watt Metal Halide air cooled hood that will will also be used to provide my room supplemental heat for the winter. In the event I am unable to manage the cold and "I lose the attic again", this room will then need to become the flowering room so I can come out the other end with at least something. In the beginning of the summer, I tasked to build a pretty big grow space in my attic, but due to unmanageable heat, I was forced to pull the plug on the entire operation, just 2 pages into a journal. It just goes to show that good intentions will only take one so far. Now at the other end of this summer, I will once again give my best effort to make the attic be as good as I can make it. I currently have two 600 watt Cool Tubes with XL reflectors to flower under, as well as what basically is 2 18" travel light movers. Hopefully I can space the tubes apart enough to also utilize that 18" travel and produce some better 1+ LB producing canopies. I am also intending on adding at least one more 600 watt tube, but preferably two as I now have most of the 25' length space in the attic to dedicate to flowering which would then make perpetual harvesting so much more achievable. Ultimately I aim for a harvest every 3 weeks, and with all the materials I still have to buy, the construction of the unbuilt rooms, strain and pheno hunting, managing the cold winter temps, honing my growing skills and dialing in my room, coupled with my other project of completely Automating my Grow Room with smartphone accessibility to handle problems remotely via wifi or 4g, I am prepared to accept that I have my work cut out for me and I won't go too hard on myself for at least the next 6 months.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, that my plant count has increased to 10 as I picked up 6 clones a few days ago when visiting a very good friend. I helped him construct a project for his situation and he gifted me some more potential to expand my variety. The cuttings are as follows;

1 - OG Kush (Dinafem)
1 - Cherry Bomb (Bomb seeds)
2 - Power Flower (Royal Queen)
2 - Grand Daddy Purple Dream (GDP)

I was also very fortunate to also be gifted some samples of the first 3, and though I am shying away from the strong Indicas for health reasons, I will say that the Power Flower and Cherry Bombs smoke very well, smooth to the taste, and very well pronounced to the palette. The Cherry bomb has an earthy, mild fuely taste with many different undertones of fruitiness in the smoke. It's a bit of a body stone, but the head lift is extremely enjoyable. The Power Flower also has similar tastes, just a bit less fruity and the stone is more for the head than anything. Just to get the best perspective of these samples, I boiled out my glass pipe so as not to bias the flavor as that is one of the most enjoyable parts of smoking for me. My room mates, both seasoned stoners said the OG Kush was the smoothest smoke they've tasted and both passed out maybe 20 or so minutes after that cypher. I knew the OG would ruin their day, but they were each unable to enjoy their football team's games yesterday as we have the football package and the OG was just too powerful. Haha!

And here is my grow notes for this past month followed by some pics.

dropped - 9/24/14
cubed - 9/26/14, 3xCB, 1xRandom, 0xWW

Tea brew - 9/27 @9am

Dunked cubes in tea 36 hours later, then transplanted into 20 oz. solo cups filled with Capn Crunch (croutons, but this is Capn style). 4 cups on a 3 gal res with about 2 gallons of pH 6.0/172 PPM to be fed twice daily. WW is abandoned. 9/28/14

I dropped PPM to 100 fed once daily shortly after.
PPM was raised to 200 on or near 10/12 or 10/13

Topped - 10/21
Transplanted 10/22
Received cuttings on 10/25 and transplanted on 10/26

IMG_20141016_184845_532.jpg
IMG_20141016_184913_406.jpg
IMG_20141021_173646_959.jpg
IMG_20141021_173708_553.jpg
IMG_20141021_173824_492.jpg
IMG_20141022_202426_391.jpg
IMG_20141022_202431_610.jpg
IMG_20141022_202439_554.jpg
IMG_20141023_142406_762.jpg
IMG_20141023_142453_922.jpg
IMG_20140915_221606_008.jpg
IMG_20140915_221642_769.jpg
IMG_20140915_221723_122.jpg
IMG_20140916_114219_938.jpg
IMG_20140916_115959_330.jpg
IMG_20140923_124151_323.jpg
IMG_20140923_124204_655.jpg
IMG_20140923_124547_966.jpg
IMG_20141027_071556_806.jpg
IMG_20141027_071613_115.jpg
IMG_20141027_071626_032.jpg
IMG_20141027_071636_904.jpg
IMG_20141027_071652_279.jpg
IMG_20141027_071716_447.jpg
IMG_20141027_071723_453.jpg
IMG_20141027_071733_487.jpg
IMG_20141027_071745_804.jpg
IMG_20141027_071920_693.jpg
IMG_20141027_071934_353.jpg

I apologize for the lack of sequence in the order of my pics. I should have taken less and cataloged them better. I expect to update once weekly, maybe more if I feel the need. So grab a seat and please cross all fingers, toes, arms and legs and wish me luck for this voyage, I'm so tired of walking the plank Yarrrrr!

Re: Multi Strain/Perpetual/Capn Style/Multi Room

Hell yeah!!! This is gonna be sick!!!!! I figured it was only a matter of time and you'd be up and at em!!! Sounds like you have a ton of work to do.. I wish I had as much room as you!! lol

I hope I have as much room as me, as only what I now have is what's guaranteed. The attic is definitely a wild card. Follow the link to my last journal and you'll find video updates that shows the potential of the space, but also the fact that my journal failed just 2 pages in.

Subscribed Skybound, it's time to rock & roll this Capn style. Best of luck.

:popcorn:

>>>I was also very fortunate to also be gifted some samples of the first 3, and though I am shying away from the strong Indicas for health reasons, I will say that the Power Flower and Cherry Bombs smoke very well, smooth to the taste, and very well pronounced to the palette. The Cherry bomb has an earthy, mild fuely taste with many different undertones of fruitiness in the smoke. It's a bit of a body stone, but the head lift is extremely enjoyable. The Power Flower also has similar tastes, just a bit less fruity and the stone is more for the head than anything. Just to get the best perspective of these samples, I boiled out my glass pipe so as not to bias the flavor as that is one of the most enjoyable parts of smoking for me. My room mates, both seasoned stoners said the OG Kush was the smoothest smoke they've tasted and both passed out maybe 20 or so minutes after that cypher. I knew the OG would ruin their day, but they were each unable to enjoy their football team's games yesterday as we have the football package and the OG was just too powerful. Haha!

Great review Sky!

Can't wait for these clones to root and take off. You got some really nice strains there!

Look at those little white roots trying to sneak out to go drinking.

IMG_20141030_093206_148.jpg

I also fed them about a 40 hour tea last night, then changed out the res to up the nutes to 400 PPM. I checked the meter readings after todays feed and the pH held at 5.9/6.0 but PPM decreased down to about 360. I'll let it stay there for a day or two then increase back up to 400 if I think they can take it. Ultimately I want to top out at about 600-700 PPM in veg, so there's no real rush to step up the concentrations. I also began adding Armor Si into the diet @ 1ml/gal and CaliMagic @ 2.5ml/gal. The silica really does help the plants to be much more tolerant of stress, plus the skeleton becomes much more pliable which is a needed quality for successful bending and tying (LST).

I also gave all 4 their 2nd set of toppings today which makes it 3 topped sites per plant so far. Day after tomorrow I hope to see 4 terminal shoots per plant. This should set them up to become very bushy at the end of veg and transition. This is one important aspect when growing Capn style, well for those that would prefer (or are legally bound) to maximize the potential of a single plant. Top early, top often and transplant often in an extended veg period so that once put into flower, the plant is already a behemoth! And after the 21 day stretch?? Fah'Ghetta'Boutit!!!

IMG_20141030_093221_347.jpg

You don't have to walk the plank when "TheCapn" has abandoned his ship and took the first mate with him.

Your running a fine green ship here Skybound.

I am not aware of the circumstance(s) or reason(s) why they are no longer on 420, so I can't comment about that, but if what I know about either holds merit,I would say that each are leaders in and of their own right so for one to take the other is not a likelihood at all.

It's called Poly Shield, but for some reason I am unable to locate it on either site of the 2 big home improvement stores and I got it from orange. It's around $10 for a 4x8 sheet and if possible, cut it with a circular/table saw or serrated knife. The razor didn't cut through styrofoam as good as I anticipated and I ended up hacking a lot of it which makes for a messy fit. Maybe next time I'll try 4" grinder with cutoff wheel. The foam panels are about an inch thick (maybe 3/4") and add some noise dampening, some R value and obviously a relatively high degree of reflectivity and a careful visual inspection suggests no hot spots are emitted, though I only have 120 watts currently.

These past few days were somewhat productive. I am nearly finished with my 5.5w x 5d x 7.5h veg closet. Those numbers are in feet, and there's still a few light leaks I need to close up, build the ventilation system, get some Panda on the floor, and build 2 flood tables also lined with Panda. My 4 starter plants are all doing great, all toppings healed very well and the newest set of 4 main tops are each about 2" long and will begin side shoots any day now. Most of the clones I was gifted are taking roots with only 1 or 2 slowly come up from behind. As far as i'm concerned, my budget is still so maxed that I need a little down time from the girls so I can get caught up. I still need to build out two different 5x6x8 Flower Rooms (they will run opposing 12/12 cycles to share lamp heat), and before flowering can commence, I do need to upgrade my power supply to better handle the load. So much to do with so little time and less money. I'll do my best.

Back to the grow, the 4 mains are @ 400 PPM, but they sucked it back to 350. PH is optimal and water temp does not matter for Capn style. I hope to at least have the 4 mains under the Metal Halide by tomorrow, but that may get extended if I get too busy otherwise. I will break down this grow cabinet and build a small propagation station for cuttings and seedlings to root. I will most likely build a small DIY bubble cloner as I've had fantastic results with the last one I made. I have a 2' T5 single bulb that will be perfect for that, just gotta defuse it a bit. If I can get the 4 mains settled in tomorrow, I'll most likely do a video update. Hope to see y'all then! Peace

>>> Most of the clones I was gifted are taking roots with only 1 or 2 slowly come up from behind.

I'm really interested in some pictures when you get the chance. I have had these little guys in the back of my mind the whole time I was away. I'm glad they are showing good signs of growth for the most part.

How many weeks from seed are the 4 main CB plants? I am currently finding a nice PPM range for my matured clones between 4 and 500 all throughout veg until transition, where I bring it up to 6-700

good start im subbed for this - Be here the entire time :)

Back
Top Bottom