JohnBoy's Winter Grow 2014 - Critical Kush

Johnboy6006

Alright everyone I've been growing my mothers out for a couple weeks from seeds running into a few problems but hopefully I'll get that fixed shortly.

Strain - Critical Kush
Medium - 75% coco 25% perilite
Light - 600w Hid setup with cool tube reflector.
Space - 3x3x4 homemade box

Here is a few pics I have of my two mothers that I'll be cloning from

Here is a close up of one, I think it either has a potassium or magnesium deficiency. If anyone knows whats wrong and has any tips on fixing it please let me know. They are being feed AN sensi grow coco and b52 at around 300ppm and the ph is around 5.8 give or take a 1/10. There schedule is feed feed water. It's day 25 from seed.

Please join me from my winter grow all advice is welcome.

I noticed the humidity is at 27. IS that range ok for growing ? I'm new to growing TY

No it's not but it is winter and with winter comes dry air, I'll be picking up a small 1 gal humidifier this weekend. Pretty sure that is one reason for the slowish growth.

Thank you for dropping knowledge. My humidity in my grow room is at 42 atm & I'm ready to go into flower. The humidity in my room recently as been between the 30-50 range due to the cold weather. Should I buy a humidifier as well? Or is that range somewhat acceptable.

Thank you for dropping knowledge. My humidity in my grow room is at 42 atm & I'm ready to go into flower. The humidity in my room recently as been between the 30-50 range due to the cold weather. Should I buy a humidifier as well? Or is that range somewhat acceptable.

That should be fine I don't think you want to go over 60% during flower just because you have all those buds growing and thickening making it easier for mold to grow. I'd stay at 50% or below with a fan on so that moisture can't settle. In veg I know it's better to have it a bit higher and when cloning you want it even higher since the plant has no roots to suck up water yet.

I'm using a ceiling fan , office fan , & a Vortex inline duct blower fan plus 6' to help out with that situation. Also: I ordered a natural odor neutralizer on Amazon & I'm using a ionic air purifier as too. Do you think this is going to be enough to eliminate most of the skunky smell during flower? Should I buy something a bit more powerful perhaps a Air Carbon Filter Odor Control?

I'm using a ceiling fan , office fan , & a Vortex inline duct blower fan plus 6' to help out with that situation. Also: I ordered a natural odor neutralizer on Amazon & I'm using a ionic air purifier as too. Do you think this is going to be enough to eliminate most of the skunky smell during flower? Should I buy something a bit more powerful perhaps a Air Carbon Filter Odor Control?

Sounds like you've got enough air circulation, I don't know about the odor control because I never worry about it. It also depends on the strain and even the pheno type, some plants don't stank to bad some seed compankes tell you odor control is a must.

4 Blue Dream Plants Going Strong Day 20. I can't smell anything ; however , I do smoke all the time so I wouldn't know. I do know during flower & bud stage the air gets a bit stinky. Last year I made a ghetto rigged charcoal Carbon Filter. This year I want to find a alternative.

4 Blue Dream Plants Going Strong Day 20. I can't smell anything ; however , I do smoke all the time so I wouldn't know. I do know during flower & bud stage the air gets a bit stinky. Last year I made a ghetto rigged charcoal Carbon Filter. This year I want to find a alternative.

It's really your call never grown it so I don't know how stanky it is. If you really worried I'd just go drop the $200 on a nice setup it will beat the hell out of court cost if your caught. Are you worried about it smelling inside or outside? I can tell when I'm in an area that someone is growing it always smells dank when I go down a certain road, but I figure they are probably growing quite a few plant and there on a busy street. I'm not worried my grow is on the second floor so it helps dispute any smells quicker and my city is pretty chill they're more worried about real crime. I remember having a party back when I had a mm card and the cops got called all they said is I should think about cleaning my closet out until I showed them my golden ticket. If your state is a nut case about their marijuana crusade just drop the dough.

Your in Oregon? Whats the concern then?

I have a grower license & its for medical usage ; however , I do not want to share my setup with my neighbors or close by friends. I just don't want to get the word around. It's in my best interest to stay low key. However: I'm only flowering 4 plants at the moment anyways:)

I live in a small trailer park & the ventilation in my trailer isn't the best. I do have a new next door neighbor. I do not know if he dislikes the smell or not. Also: I'm sure my landlord would kick me out or take the plants away if the smell got horrific.

The yellowing is starting from the tips and moving inwards, anyone out there have any suggestions? Maybe I'm feeding at too low of a ppm?
image15895.jpg

I live in a small trailer park & the ventilation in my trailer isn't the best. I do have a new next door neighbor. I do not know if he dislikes the smell or not. Also: I'm sure my landlord would kick me out or take the plants away if the smell got horrific.

I'd go for a filter/fan combo man.

Got a humidifier finally, it got me out of those low digits. Bought it for $30 went on sale the next day for $20 just my luck. Also messed with my ventilation system a bit and am now keeping some good temperatures. I upped my ppm of the nutes to around 600 the plants are starting to look at lot healthier and are growing better.
image15978.jpg
image15976.jpg
image15975.jpg
image15977.jpg

Sweet buy on the humidifier ! What kind of fertilizer are you using if so ? What type of water are you using? Tap , Distilled , Pure?

Sweet buy on the humidifier ! What kind of fertilizer are you using if so ? What type of water are you using? Tap , Distilled , Pure?

I use AN and get all the coco specific nutes they offer. I get my water from meijers they have a machine there that does RO along with a bunch of filtration like uv and carbon, the water is pretty close to pure I've never seen it over 10ppm. The cleaner the water the better, and at .59 cents a refill it's not a bad deal.

Not a bad deal at all !Do you have a PH meter ? It sounds like you know what your doing & you got everything down.Also: sweet deal on the H20. I normally use Tap water %50 of the time & distilled water %50 of the time.Pricey $$

Not a bad deal at all !Do you have a PH meter ? It sounds like you know what your doing & you got everything down.Also: sweet deal on the H20. I normally use Tap water %50 of the time & distilled water %50 of the time.Pricey $$

Yeah ph and ppm meter. I would suggest ro water it helps you get the most of your plants and it's not that pricey. I've heard it helps with yield and also makes the nutrient uptake for plant easier/more efficient.

Wilma is doing great, she has been growing strong should be able to start taking clone off her soon. I had been shooting for thanksgiving to take clones but the nute deffecency slowed them down by a week or two.
image16067.jpg

Mama took a harder hit from the nutes she was close to dying but is turning around had to trim back some leave to help the new growth take off now she is drinking up all the light and nutes like a champ.
image16068.jpg

Finally, I decided to germ another seed I went with my 707 Headband. I soaked it for about ten hours, got a little worried because it sunk to the bottom and stayed there for a while. After I put it in a damp towel, I planted it this morning it had a little more than a quarter inch tap root. Excited for this one. Just gonna have to be careful to keep her super short since she is a mostly sativa strain and I don't want her over taking my space. She is going to have a lot of LST.
image16069.jpg

Back
Top Bottom