Budlovski's First LED & Bubble Bucket Grow

Sir Budlovski

Hey there fellow 420 growers

been awhile since i have put a grow journal up due to some happenings in life but im back with more knowledge an keen to get back on here and sharing my grow :cheesygrinsmiley:

What strain is it? Starting of with a Papaya reg from nirvana while i am still testing out my system
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? I do believe it is Hybrid, Indica dominant with some sativa effects
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? It has just popped through the rockwool cube
If in Veg... For how long? I plan on vegging 4-5 weeks depending what she is telling me at that stage.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro/dwc bubble bucket, rockwool and hydroton/clay balls
What size pot? Bubble bucket is 30 litres thats 7.9 gallons for the americans, 6" net pot
Size of light? I have 2 300watt leds (older models) and 1 300 watt led (newer model), i have 4 40watt dual spec cfls for young stage of vege possibly for supplemental lighting in flowering also
Is it aircooled? I am in the process of purchasing exhaust fans at the moment
Temp of Room/cab? 25-27 celsius without fans yet
RH of Room/cab? Not yet determined still waiting on hygrometre
PH of media or res? Rockwool was soaked in 7.5ph tap water to start, ph perfect nutes shold help any ph issues though
How often are you watering?N/A just keeping rockwool moist till roots are ready to be placed in net pot
Type and strength of ferts used? I have AN PH perfect grow micro and bloom at this point not being used as of yet

That is all my general info so far, as stated im just using my papaya reg to get my system/system experience right then after that i have: 3 DP strawberry cough fems,3 DP Blueberry fems, 3 SS bloody skunk auto/fems and 1 SS red poison auto/fem i will be extremely happy to grow with more experience and less risk.
Also i know what people are like wit LEDS, so before anyone mentions anything, yes i know and have done my reading on leds..I have 900watt Between the 3 lights but actual watts per light draws 180watts that equal 540 Actual watts, im happy for advice and such and dont mean any offense to anyone its just i dont believe in wasting time on people bagging LEDs or completely biased HID growers, in my situation heat is way too much of an issue to bother with HID, iwas going to go 600watts hps for flower but where im from(not US or UK) if i used that light i would be pushing close to 50 celsius since i cant afford to run a spare AC all summer.

I do have one question if any ones up for it, i have an airpump but realized it probably wont be good enough so will it be alright while sedling is young? it wont take long for me to get new pump, and what l/h or l/m would you recommend for my 30L/7.9G bucket?

pictures will be up shortly, bare with me :thanks: and :welcome: to my journal :Namaste:

re: Budlovskis Papaya - First Time LED & Bubble Bucket Grow

alright here is some pics of my 1 of my lights aswell as my tent, tent is roughly a metre square and 1.5-1.8 m high
IMAG09326.jpg
IMAG09247.jpg

And this is papaya soaked in water for 12 hours then straight in rockwool, 2 days after placing it in its rockwool
IMAG09457.jpg

Hey mate, nice setup!

You wont find haters here for the LED mate. Everyone's got their opinion, but I'd doubt there would be any that would just start blabbing on about HID vs LED...in fact...LED has made some serious in grounds with some serious growers here, so..you're in good company!

...unless you asked for an opinion :)

Looking good, from seeing your other work, you wont need my help! :)

Cheers mate

Yeah I'm hoping not and seen mostly good things on this forum, its just from my reading/research through the many forums looking for answers the threads got filled with arguments or hateful comments so thought of make it clear haha even if it means only cfl and led growers view it, won't stress me but like I said HID is good and I like seeing grows with them but it really ain't suitable or efficient for this climate at all.

Always could I guess just to stir the water up haha

You never know you could have some knowledge I don't have or overlooked haha I'm up for any tips and advice to help advance anyways haha

that's good to hear bro haaha

Here's a lil update,
My lights came on and I went and had a peek, papaya had a lil root coming through the bottom of the cube, so thought is check my bucket, and god damn there was a leak so I put my air stone and pump setup in a big cake mixing bowl(one of the big silver ones) should work out alright till I've got some silicone or something to fix the damn leak, will be alright since I'm pretty sure my current pump isn't good enough for the big bucket so ill leave it sit how it is till I get my new pump, hopefully my new black air hose arrives shortly aswell. Then its all go properly again.
Still on day 2 so ill put pics of her up tomorrow so it is actually day 3 haha
But this is how she is sitting at the end of day 2
IMAG09526.jpg

Alright so here's a day 4 from seed being in rockwool update.
My main bucket is in the bathroom being tested at the moment looking good for water tightness so far, I moved my papaya to a new bucket to get rid of the metal one, still waiting on black hose and new pump but what I have atm shall suffice till they arrive.
Papaya looked like it was reaching for light a bit too much for my liking so I added an extra 40 watt cfl for now and changed light to 24-0
Temp sitting at 23℃-24℃ so far, she's looking alright so I'm happy on that front since I don't have much control over climate as of yet.
Here's a close up of the girl.
IMAG09629.jpg

And the lights and whole tent pics
IMAG09678.jpg
IMAG09658.jpg

Can't wait to see the progress of bubble buckets and also quality of LEDs :)

Well had a think about things and although I have ph perfect bytes, I can't exactly rely on those for a couple of weeks and thought hell the water I'm using is 7-7.5 outta the tap and prob higher after sitting abit so used a lil lemon juice and lowered oh of bucket down to 5.8-6 roughly then poured some over cube fir the lil one and now ill wait and see how it rises or doesn't.
Does anyone have experience with seedlings in Dec? How important is oh while roots still aren't out of net cup?

Hey mate, I can't help with this type of thing, haven't done it before.

Are you asking how important is the PH whilst @ this stage, with the roots not out of the cup?

Lemon juice for PH down is good, I use it, I wouldn't worry with your soil less medium, I couldn't see it causing a problem.

But, I don't know. I'll go and check some journals and see who's running something like what you've got and see if I can get a body over here to answer you. :)

If It seems good, like she's still happy, then keep on, In the mean time, I'll see if I can get a proper answer for you.

New air pump arrived for the big bucket, very excited now just need some black hose and that buckets set to go!
IMAG09696.jpg

yeah im surprised at how well it drops the ph And cheers for that Tassie had a small look last night could only find things for week 2 ish seedlings haha but any input you can find is appreciated mate :)
Leaves are still reaching upwards quiet intensely, surprisingly enough think it could be couple degrees under that's causing that, fixed that though hopefully she flourishes now!

Hey mate,

I've been thinking about your PH. We both know it should be what 6-6.8 range for cannabis, but closer to 6 is it for a soil less medium like yours?

What you need to think about, is they don't like changing conditions, rather it's better to keep stable conditions, whatever it be, temp, humidity...PH..right?

So, start to try to dial that in to where it needs to be now, you're establishing a future PH that the plant likes, yes?

So start it now, as best you can, to dial it in to close to where you need it.

Then once you've got yourself going you've set a good base for her to flourish :)

Cheers Tassie
That's some good input there, I think your definately right ther, yeah they say 5.5-6.5 for the Dwc, so I'm going try get steady at 5.8-6.0 until I can add the ph perfect.
I don't have a way to measure humidity atm so that's one thing ill have to work on definately
And temp will hopefully be easily when I get an exhaust fan, my house lets the temp right in from out door and can really mess with tent temps but I'm going to be working on that heavily the next few days I think, temp is something I find to be of the greatest importance, also I'm getting a water thermometer so I will be able to check on res when roots get there.
Cheers heaps Tassie, think your on the ball with what you said. :thumb:
I did pull the cube up today to have a peek and her roots are looking long and lovely so she's still growing now I can relax just a tiny bit haha :)
I think I get impatient since my last grow was an autoflower haha

Oh and Tassie your girls as always looking very nice :yummy:

Well glad she's happy is all!

Glad you knew what the range should be..for soil I'm aiming at 6.5...range 6.0-6.8, but didn't really know for your setup.

...on page 2 :yahoo:

I guess that's the main thing for her haha, ill have another look at my ph today make sure its not too bad, hopefully roots are close to coming out pot now :), think soaking my rockwool in the 5.5-5.8 ph wouldda sped things up but to late now asking as she's living happily haha

I was just thinking that last night haha thanks to you mate :laughtwo: :party:

Back
Top Bottom