MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2014

MrMysfyt

Strain: Dynafem Critical Kush (feminised) from Gorilla Seeds - a blend of Critical + X Emerald OG Kush. 50% indica, 50% sativa.

Date started from seed: 1st November 2014. 9 seeds planted directly into soil of which all 9 successfully germinated.

Soil: Canna Professional in 25L (~5.5 gallon) pots, Height 28cm x Diameter 35cm.

Light: Budmaster II 1200XG LED: 400 x 3w Epiled Diodes. Consumption: 740w. Size: 60cm x 60cm x 9cm with 90° precision Lens.

Growroom: Gorilla 5' x 5' tent within a garage with 5" intake fan and 6" exhaust fan, both in acoustic boxes connected to SMS fan speed controller.

Growroom temperature: 22-25°C (~72-77ºF), maintained with 750W ceramic fan heater.

Relative Humidity 50-60% during veg, 40-50% during flower.

Nutrients: Hydrotops.

Number of plants: 9.

I have no affiliation with any of the companies mentioned above.

This grow is currently 3+ weeks from seed....

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' tent journal -

SOUNDS good. cant wait to see how the led do. any pics yet buddy.

got a question, why do you have a intake fan if you are in a tent .why don't you have just your 6in out take and have neg pressure.saves on fans electric and most off all neg pressure = no smell comes out tent . the air in the garage a round the tent would be fine . i never see the point in a intake fan if one is in a tent and the air outside the tent is the same air one is forcing in.

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' tent journal -

Thanks STOP, here are some pictures starting at seed+12 days, the day they were transplanted into 25L pots.

Seed_12_1_Large_.JPG
Seed_12_2_Large_.JPG
Seed_12_3_Large_.JPG
Seed_12_4_Large_.JPG
Seed_12_5_Large_.JPG

I'm fairly new to growing and still on a steep learning curve. I had read that negative pressure could cause some tents to collapse inwards, so just presumed the intake fan would be needed. Looking back, it probably was an overkill, but the negative pressure is still maintained by the fan controller.... maybe will try without the intake fan in future :)

The Budmaster light is currently on low setting for veg, i.e 6/16 clusters lit and consuming around 280W.

looking good buddy. i never heard of tents collapsing with neg pressure . wow that would have to be some pressure. the pressure can be altered .for example. if the tents sides were sucking in to much ,one just opens a bigger sock on tent wall.so pressuer is just right. a very light inward suction is all that is needed.

keep up the good work. happy days

Seed + 24 days:

P1000426_Large_.JPG

Seed + 25 days (today):

P1000431_Large_.JPG
P1000430_Large_.JPG
P1000429_Large_.JPG
P1000428_Large_.JPG

All looking well and healthy, although it looks like the seed in the middle is confusing itself with a dandelion. Most plants now have four nodes with tight internodal spacing. Waiting for 5-6 nodes before first topping.

Seeds+27 days:

Think I'm going to have me a go at 'main-lining' to try and get 8 equal-sized colas (3 toppings) per plant, so some of the ladies are getting their first hair-cut today.

have topped four of the nine plants above the third node today and stripped all foliage below off:

P1000438_Large_.JPG

The strange looking plant in the middle has two naturally occurring main stems, so won't require the first topping:

P1000442_Large_.JPG

After topping four of the nine plants:

P1000444_Large_.JPG

Will give the remaining plants a little more time before their first topping.

Have been in awe of Light Addict's 'fluxing' methods of growing, but have such shaky hands that I would probably find this way of growing too difficult for a first attempt... maybe in future...

Seeds+28 days and all plants appear to be fit and healthy, including the four topped yesterday:

P1000447_Large_.JPG

I was just wondering if anyone with any experience with the 'mainlining' technique can advise as to how long I should let the new growth shoots veg for until they are topped again? Do you just need to wait for the first set of symmetrical nodes on both sides or should you wait a little longer until there are a few more?

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Seeds+32 days:

After leaving the two new mains to grow out for a few days, they have now been fixed down parallel to the soil using tent pegs. The first one still has the two large fan leaves attached while it grows a little more:

P1000450_Large_.JPG

P1000457_Large_.JPG

A view of all the plants after their first topping and after being tied down:

P1000455_Large_.JPG

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Seed+40 days:

All plants have now been topped twice and now have 4 bud sites.... these plants don't seem to like bending very much, even when dry and a couple of shoots have already snapped off some plants, although all are doing well...

P1000466_Large_.JPG
P1000465_Large_.JPG
P1000464_Large_.JPG
P1000463_Large_.JPG
P1000462_Large_.JPG
P1000468_Large_.JPG

Some of the plants in the photographs look a light green, but that's more down to the camera than under-feeding. I've held back on the nutrients so far, but will be starting with some of the Hydrotops range soon.

I got the opportunity to upgrade to the full Budmaster 1200 G.O.D. clusters yesterday. Each cluster is connected to a separate PSU for better redundancy and is held in place by four screws. Once removed, the old XG clusters could easily be removed by pulling apart the power lead clip. One hour and 64 screws later, all 16 clusters were replaced. I switched the unit back on in daylight and in all honesty couldn't tell much difference between the new G.O.D and old XG clusters.... that was until the unit was back in place in the tent..... the old XG clusters were bright, but all I can saw is WOW!! this is the brightest light I've ever set eyes on. I can now see pin pricks of light through the Gorilla tent stitching, which were not even visible before and, to be fair, these tents are very substantially built.

I have communicated with Paul, one of the owners of Budmaster a few times in the past few weeks. He's a thoroughly helpful chap, always replies quickly and has offered nothing but positive help and advice. He knows his products extremely well and has the benefits and backup of some very knowledgeable contacts.

Nice man, i think i'm gonna learn a thing or two from you :) Subscribed

Thanks Tomula, although don't take too much notice, this is only my second grow and I'm still learning fast too. The first was a almost a complete disaster after I made the fatal mistake of impatiently deciding to veg from seed in the garden greenhouse while the light arrived. Unbeknown to me, Emperor caterpillar eggs had been laid on the leaves and I awoke one day to find my plants almost completely eaten by the newly hatched out caterpillars. Boy could those laid-back monsters munch! :)

Seeds+52 days:

Things are starting to move a bit more quickly now. All plants have been topped three times and have started feeding with Hydrotops Solo Grow nutrient solution at 1/2 strength.

As things were at the start of day 52 from seed:

P1000469_Large_.JPG

Plant after pegging down for final time with 9" tent pegs:

P1000472_Large_.JPG

Hydrotops Solo Grow and Solo Bloom nutrients being used for this grow:

P1000477_Large_.JPG

All plants after final pegging down:

P1000474_Large_.JPG

Looking forward to one last water and Christmas now :)

Back
Top Bottom