Colesdad - Popping My Cherry 2.0 - Growing In Dirt - No Nutes!

Colesdad

you SHOULD ask yourself, "how did this rookie named Colesdad get a sponsored journal"!

well, it all started about 3 months ago....

I failed at my first attempt, miserably. the reason, that weird world of nutrients. I added too soon. I added too much. then during the grow I noticed a deficiency, so I had to decide if I wanted to drive 40 minutes to the nearest "supply store", or head to the big-box home improvement to find some kind of home remedy, or do nothing and watch my investment die. I spent hundreds of dollars to set my grow area up and spent good money buying seeds from a company online, and for the next few months I wasted time slowly killing my girls with too much water and too many nutes.

I stumbled across a journal by Shadowman in which he was using Ideal 420 Soil. this soil is advertised as a one-stop-shop for everything you need to grow pot. their claim was you needed a good environment, a marijuana seed and their dirt. while spending time reading Shadowmans journal and reading Ideal 420 Soil's website, I realized I had everything I needed to grow pot, the only thing missing was their dirt.

I sent them a short email, telling them about my desire to try their product. I said I was a complete rookie, that I had one failed grow attempt and at this stage I still had no idea what I was doing. I was very honest with them. I asked for enough soil to grow a few plants, with the purpose of promoting their product to other rookies. I was truthful, that I had killed my first grow because of too much water and being completely overwhelmed with the crazy world of marijuana nutrients. then, a few hours later I received an email saying, yes, they would to send my soil for free.

then came the "catch"! if I liked there product, then I must say "I like Ideal 420 Soil"... really? so, you want me to say I like something, if I really do? you want me to be honest? yup, the only thing they want me to do is be honest. well damn, I can certainly tell the truth, so the deal was made. they would send me a bag of soil and, in return, I tell the truth.

I have one seed that just popped its head above soil yesterday. so I decided that today was the day to start the journal. I will follow up today or tomorrow with the official launch party of Colesdad "Ideal 420 Soil" sponsored grow

here is how the 38lb box showed up at my house. a label with my name and address, a label with their address (no name, just address) and a sticker with a barcode. very stealthy!
CAM006731.jpg

the bag
CAM00677.jpg

the ingredients
CAM006741.jpg

CAM00675.jpg

directions on how to transplant or germinate
CAM00676.jpg

when dry, the soil actually smells very nice, earthy. if you dug a hole in your front yard, this is how the soil smells. very, very light consistency. lots of fibers, very very few big chunks of "stuff" and also what looks like worm casings.
CAM00680.jpg

I didn't exactly follow the germination directions. I was given a single seed from my brother in law. its a Sativa or Sativa dominant strain, unknown sex.

how I germinated....
-seed in glass of bottled water, about 36 hours later it popped open
-I did not wait on a tap root to immerge

how I planted
-filled a larger fast-food drink container with 2inches of perlite, punched a couple of small drainage holes in the bottom and filled the rest with soil
-poured a little bit of water in the center of the cup, the soil collapsed/packed about an inch. I pushed a little more soil in the hole so I had about a 1/2 hole.
-dropped in the seed
-poured a little water over the spot where I dropped it

the diameter of the top of the cup is 4 inches, so i picked a spot on the very edge and watered the soil. i did this to create a humid environment for the seed. i placed the "lid" on the cup, and placed it 16 inches under my LED (100-3w mars-hydro). i checked a day later and added 3 cap fulls (bottle water cap) of waters to the outside edge because i wasn't satisfied, i didn't see any condensation under the lid.

picture of "happy humidity"
CAM006861.jpg

11-24-14, seed in water
11-25-14 seed in soil
11-26-14 few drops of water to increase humidity
11-27-14 first sign of green popping out of soil
11-28-14 first picture
CAM006891.jpg

good on you colesdad,I hope that soil helps you get that harvest under your belt

thanks for stopping! one day i would like to harvest, instead of throwing dead plants away!

way to go dude! I can't believe they sent you such a big bag lol. by the way my sprouts that are 8-10" away from my led fixture look fine after 12 hours of light.

.... then came the "catch"! if I liked there product, then I must say "I like Ideal 420 Soil"... really? so, you want me to say I like something, if I really do? you want me to be honest? yup, the only thing they want me to do is be honest. well damn, I can certainly tell the truth, so the deal was made. they would send me a bag of soil and, in return, I tell the truth.

I have one seed that just popped its head above soil yesterday. so I decided that today was the day to start the journal. I will follow up today or tomorrow with the official launch party of Colesdad "Ideal 420 Soil" sponsored grow

:cheer: Great news! That is most excellent! Subscribed and ready for the story to unfold...:popcorn:

thanks for stopping! one day i would like to harvest, instead of throwing dead plants away!

keep the faith,man.It will happen

tell them its working already,because they helped you,now i will buy a couple of bags when the time comes.
I remember companies that show good will like this.

way to go dude! I can't believe they sent you such a big bag lol. by the way my sprouts that are 8-10" away from my led fixture look fine after 12 hours of light.

Thanks for stopping by b. That's good news that they are loving the light :thumb:

hell yea thats kewl .. i need a nute sponsor lol ... help me feed my 16 mixed race babies !!!! lol

im in .. im curious about this soil.

"You see, the only thing you need to add to our soil is just plain water, a seed, some light bulbs, a few fans and a n00b, and the soil will take care of the rest".

Awsome! Very excited to see your results :)

Thanks for jumping aboard!

Congrats on the free soil! You learned a lot so far, now time to apply it and reap the rewards.
Fingers crossed

hell yea thats kewl .. i need a nute sponsor lol ... help me feed my 16 mixed race babies !!!! lol

im in .. im curious about this soil.
Lol

"You see, the only thing you need to add to our soil is just plain water, a seed, some light bulbs, a few fans and a n00b, and the soil will take care of the rest".

Im hoping for some positive results!

we shall see. im definitely curios . i go through soil and nutes like crazy and im shopping new soils to go with the super leprechaun coco grow im getting taught.. for now its fox farm and gh!

:goodluck: colesdad

Awesome bro that's crazy just goes to show you don't know what you can get unless you ask!

Good luck with this grow I'm subbed

Fingers crossed it's a girl

Good to see you are back at it. I wish you the best and don't forget to water only when needed.....

Back
Top Bottom