My 1st Grow Ever - Incredible Bulk

timrey08

Hello everyone,

I am so thankful I found this site! Been reading a lot of threads the past months here in 420 and now I think I am ready to start my first grow ever.

I purchased a Superstar from ----------- and had it shipped to me all the way here in Asia. I am so excited to finally start my "growing" career.

Would appreciate all the help and assistance I can get. Thanks in advance!

Well, here goes:

What strain is it?
Dr. Krippling's Incredible Bulk

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Hybrid (Indica dominant)

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Just put 4 seeds 4 days ago in the supercloner that came with the package.

If in Veg... For how long? NA

If in Flower stage... For how long? NA

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Hydro

If soil... what is in your mix? NA
If soil... What size pot? NA

Temp of Room/cab? arround 84 - 84F

RH of Room/cab? around 65-70 rH

PH of media or res? between 5-6

Any Pests ? None

How often are you watering? NA

Type and strength of ferts used? Technoflora

I didnt use the germination kit that came with the cabinet. According to the video I saw online, I can use the supercloner to germinate the seeds. So, I soaked the rockwool cubes for a couple of minutes, put in the seeds, turned off the lights and away they go...

When my package came, ----------- forgot to put in the T5 side lights...so I had to buy my own. They recommend that I put one 6500k T5 on each side but according to my research, its better to have 2700k T5's for foliage and flowering. So, i installed 2 T5's (one 2700k and one 6000k) on each side of the cabinet.

I am currently on day 4 since putting the seeds in soaked rockwool and now the waiting game begins.....

Hope you guys can tag along...

re: My 1st Grow Ever - Incredible Bulk

Subscribed!

Hey Tim! Just had a pointer I wanted to share. When germinating in rockwool cubes be sure to ph the water first. I found this to be a big factor in the success rate. Also I had alot better luck germinating using the "papertowel method" and them putting them into the rockwool. Hope that helps. Good luck with the grow my man!

Hi Tim:ciao:
A fellow SuperCloset owner here, Cheers on your purchase. I own the Trinity LED Supercloset. If you have any questions, or need some advise feel free to ask me anything. I'll help if i am able. If you haven't checked out my journals already, have a look. I kept pretty accurate records of PPM, PH,temps etc...If you have questions post them in my current journal and I will answer you as soon as possible.
Good luck with your grow.;)

Subbed. I'm eager to see all that white space disappear into the jungle!

Super closet trinity owner here too :) im down for the show!!!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the early show of support! Great to know experienced growers are genuinely willing to help.

Out of the 4 seeds, only one has sprouted. I am on day 9 and ill be waiting for another 3-5 days for the other 3 to sprout before turning on the T5's. Rockwool is moist. RH is 67%. Will also start on the nutes once I see some roots.

What do you guys think?

image16369.jpg
image16369.jpg

Looking good. Your plants dont need any nutes or additives in the water until the 3-4th node of real leaves. I would let them grow some and then after about 2 weeks you can can start introducing the nutes at 50-100 ppm every 2-3 days following the charts. Less nutes is better than more nutes.

Also for DWC you are going to need some type of beneficiary bacteria for your grow. I personally use Aquashield and know it works very well. It will keep the Slime, Algae, and root rot away!

Hey Timrey08, I grow a small garden outdoors and last year purchased the Superstar to try my hand at indoor DW hydro, and I have had a blast playing with it. So far I have grown some Brazilian Sativa (had to bend it into what looked like modern sculpture in order to keep it inside the locker), Northern Lights (they were so skunky that they overpowered the dual filters and kept the house reeking of skunk), Short Ryders, and I am currently starting a Bubblelicious and Blue Mystic grow. I have learned a lot about hydroponics right here at 420. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here, that are very generous with their good advise. I am loading a bowl and popping a brew to watch your new garden grow. Have fun!!

I agree with HunterNitro on use of the bennies. There is not a grow method on this Earth that using the bennies won't greatly improve upon. Once the roots really start to grow, the upper canopy really shows much better and too grows much quicker and healthier.
Edit - also agree with Nitro on using the nutes as he depicted. Starting weak and "gradually" increasing is key. Better to have them ask for more than tell you they've had too much already.

Hey tim... Sorry to be bearer of bad news but I dont think the others are gonna make it. 9+ days is a long time. I would go ahead a flip on the lights for the one sprout, another 3-5 days with no light would not be good....How far down in the rockwool cubes did you place the seeds? Also why is the lid to the res so wet?

Hi Tim.
I agree with Dooski, 9 days is way to long, & you should turn on the light for your 1 seedling. I found if the rockwool is too wet the seeds don't do well, Its almost like they drown. I stopped using the cloner that came with the closets. Now I use a mixture of coco and clay pellets in solo cups to start my seeds and then transplant them into the closets when the plant is ready.
Good luck, if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.;)

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the advise!

As per advise, I turned the T5 lights on already since 1 out of the 4 seeds has started to sprout.

Transferred the other 3 rockwool cubes to the lower cabinet to continue the germination but this time, i took the girls out of the supercloner and put in the dome with the heat mat under it. Unfortunately, one seed got squished. So, I got another seed (same strain) and put it in the rockwool cube again. I'm hoping any of these 3 pop soon so I can have at least 2 plants for my first grow.

The res of the supercloner is wet because of all the bubbles from the water. Put them approx 1/4 of an inch from the top.

Hope they can catch up soon. Otherwise, I have no choice but to start with one plant and hope I fill in the box.

Here are some pics. Sorry if some are blurred.

Thanks again to all your advise! Will update again soon!

IMG_4808.PNG

IMG_4809.PNG

IMG_4810.PNG

Tim, I never use the cloner to sprout seeds, it exposes them to too much water and has the potential to drown them before they can get going. I use rockwool that I have soaked in ph correct water, and then squeezed out some of the water, drop the seeds into each cube and gently pinch the rockwool hole to loosely close the top. Then I place them in the germinator with no extra water in it, close the vents so the rockwool does not dry out and creates a nice humid environment. If it is too cool, I just turn on the T2's to add some gentle warmth. Usually takes two to five days to have all the seeds pop. Admittedly, I am rather new to indoor hydro growing but this technique has worked great for me so far. Hope this helps!

Tim, I never use the cloner to sprout seeds, it exposes them to too much water and has the potential to drown them before they can get going. I use rockwool that I have soaked in ph correct water, and then squeezed out some of the water, drop the seeds into each cube and gently pinch the rockwool hole to loosely close the top. Then I place them in the germinator with no extra water in it, close the vents so the rockwool does not dry out and creates a nice humid environment. If it is too cool, I just turn on the T2's to add some gentle warmth. Usually takes two to five days to have all the seeds pop. Admittedly, I am rather new to indoor hydro growing but this technique has worked great for me so far. Hope this helps!

So far from your experience, how easy would you say it is for a first timer to do things properly? I know you can always mod, etc. but I mean from someone with absolutely ZERO experience whatsoever with plants in general.

Back
Top Bottom